Notre Dame vs Stanford

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

I don't want to get too giddy about it, but the the 2021 class could have a 5* QB and RB in it.

2. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

he plays at a really small school against bad competition

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Book is a good college QB but lacks everything that pro scouts look for. He doesn't have the size or the arm for the NFL. His inability to stretch the field severely hampered our running game. He also locks in on his targets which is the cardinal sin of an NFL QB.

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Will Shipley? I don't know anything about his level of competition, but he's also got offers from Clemson and Alabama a couple of places that seem to understand the RB position.

Rumors keep swirling about staff changes. Rees a candidate for the Northwestern OCoord position? Sampson suggesting that Kelly needs to revamp the Offensive Staff...Quinn and/or Chipper? This certainly is the time for changes, I saw today a number of teams who fired assistant coaches.

5. Tim Gentry

“Rumors keep swirling about staff changes. Rees a candidate for the Northwestern OCoord position? Sampson suggesting that Kelly needs to revampthe Offensive Staff...Quinn and/or Chipper? This certainly is the time for changes”

Yes, at a minimum we need a new O-line coach. The ultimate responsibility goes to Kelly but even a simple mind like knows that all this false start and other repetitive calls on the offensive line fall at the feet of Quinn. It clearly cost id a lot of points through the season and possibly a game.

6. Terry O'Keefe

Coach D now with SI, calls out the Irish running game.

Notre Dame Run Game Must Make Dramatic Improvement

7. Tim Gentry

Question for Jo’Co and Corey,

what kind of competition is Buchner playing against out there? I’m watching these amazing videos but got to thinking about who he was putting all these numbers up against?

8. Tim Gentry

I’ve changed my mind about the idea of Kelly possibly retiring soon. Looking ahead at what I’m seeing in the next two recruiting classes and the freshman /sophomore roster now he would be crazy to leave. With Buchner coming and a 5* RB in each of the next two classes, 4 or 5* TEs, a least 1 5* WR, good DC coach, Lenzy back as well
    as Austin, and usual quality OL...yes he would be crazy to leave. Just hang on to Lea, get a new O-Line coach and in two of the next 4 yrs we should be in that final 4 with the difference makers to win it. Just some thoughts.

9. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

It's all about Benjamins, Tim. If Kelly gets a better offer and more control without having to recruit, he'll go.

I was reading about Braden Lenzy and thinking that, while he is the fastest player on this team, he does not have "Ismael" speed. When Ismael shifted gears he was gone, period. The tiniest opening and it was six. Lenzy is our best hope for a sudden score now though.

10. Tim Gentry

George,
    I he leaves now it's fine with me. The program is in the best shape it's been in a very, very long time. If he does and Urban Meyer doesn't go to USC I'm convinced he will go to ND. I'll take him with the baggage.(even thought I was pissed for years that he went to Florida instead of ND). If he can't see he can get the recruits he needs at ND now I don't know what it would take. Hell, Kelly is doing a pretty good job himself right now.

11. IrishCorey

Tim,

From the film and broadcasts I watched, the kid is the goods. He's a legit stud. The problem is that he's playing small school football. There are some really good teams down there, but there's only a few of them and they are limited in terms of number of athletes. If Mater Dei plays in the SEC of SoCal football, then this kid plays in the SunBelt.

12. Terry O'Keefe

Are there 2 Mater Dei schools in So.Cal? Tyler Buchner's school beat a Mater Dei but the one located in Chula Vista, and I thought the real one was in Santa Ana?

13. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Corey, thank you for your objective assessment of the relative level of competition that the kid's team is playing against. The kid may very well be a stud, the next greatest college QB ever, a future Heisman winner. Or he may be gipper's next Ron Powlus (Drat! I thought this was behind us. LOL!). It's at least a full year before he signs a LOI. As we know, a lot can happen in that time to change his mind. Even if he stands by his commitment to ND, it's a minimum of 2 seasons before he takes his first college snap, likely longer. I think I'll wait until, 1) he signs his LOI, and 2) he wears the ND uniform on Saturdays. Once those two things happen, he'll have my unwavering support. In the meantime, I'll support and wish the best for every student-athlete currently on the football roster, including Phil Jurkovec.

• Like Like x 2
  14. IrishCorey

you are correct, Doc. The monster that is Mater Dei is in Santa Ana.

Sid,

You're welcome.

15. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Nice to see Bryan doing well writing for SI. He was always willing to answer questions and give his thoughts about the ND teams.

• Like Like x 1