Notre Dame vs Pittsburg

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Guest, Sep 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

....Things are so bad with ND this year that even I don't have the heart to rub it in.

...notwithstanding that I did predict this debacle years ago.....its hard to beat a dead horse....it was more fun when ND at least had a fighting chance....and I hope those days return in the near future....for your sake and even mine.

Yiiiiiiiikes!!!!

------------------
    Gonzo

2. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Sid...these things are more important than football games, even to Irish fans (but a little transistor hearing aid never hurt anyone, eh). [​IMG]

Hey, y'all...we're still goin' to the game at the Prodigy Bash aren't we...or are we gonna just write it off and drink?...

Just kiddin'

stu

[This message has been edited by Stu Ryckman (edited 10-01-2001).]

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Tod,

The most keen observation that you made aside from PSU scoring 3 play later would be the fact that this ND team would quit on the field.. [​IMG] God this sucks..

All,

How bad is this... Gonzo won't rub it in anymore. Both Solich at Nebraska and Slocum at A&M have gone public after the game that they called off the dogs on the Irish. At least Jimmy Jahooligan and the Canes put it to us so bad that it forced the administration to take action..

People now are whipping us and keeping the scores down.. Could it be that they want to keep Davie there? [​IMG]

On the grassy knoll,
    Corey

[This message has been edited by Corey (edited 10-02-2001).]

4. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Corey,

You could always go to the next game with a laser pointer. Leave the little red dot on Davie's chest long enough for someone on the sidelinse to notice. Maybe he will get scared and run away! [​IMG]

------------------
    Tennessee Tom McCord
    Go Vols! '98 National Champions!!!<B>
    It's Football Time in Tennessee!!!</B>
    tbmccord@austin.rr.com

5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Tom great idea!!!

Come to think of it, let's start making some plans for the game. (assuming that everyone's still comming. Why let a little ineptitude spoil our fun.) So far I've gotten one parking pass but it's in the north lot (wherever that is.) I'm looking for a closer one to tailgate in.
    Corey, are you really bringing the grills this time? Are you bringing Des to light them?
    Has anyone heard from G lately? Is the MBC still on the schedule?

Hello! Anyone out there?.....Come in Rangoon radio....

6. Guest

Guest Guest

The wedding is at 12:30, and the reception starts at 5:00 at a state park lodge near our lake cottage. The bride and groom are both ND grads. A few months ago, I was humorously asking friends if they would walk my daughter down the aisle so I could attend the game. Fortunately, nobody accepted my offer. Guess what we will be doing during the time between the wedding and the reception? Brennan and his folks will be driving over after the game. For that reason alone, I hope we win. JO'Co and Corey, if you were checking on the Vandy game during your daughter's wedding, it was the first game of the season with all the hope and excitement of a new season. Wouldn't you agree that this week is different? We will watch the game between festivities, but it won't be exciting or hopeful, even if, by some miracle, we would blow the game wide open. IMO, we could win the rest of our games this season, which we won't, and the season would still be a bust. Tod, great line about PSU scoring 3 plays later.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Gee I never thought anybody would think about not going to the USC game, that would be giving into the ineptitude of Bob Davie. We are ND fans, we go to support the team, not the coaches. We go to experience another day on one of the most beautifull campuses in the world, to soak up the atmosphere and to exercise our right to tailgate,drink beer and eat burgers and brats.

See ya in South Bend!!

Terry

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh yeah one thing about tailgating...they no longer allow charcoal grills on ND property for tailgaters...although I noted that the students can still use them in their gameday cookouts for the fans on the campus.

But fortuneately you can buy a sort of disposeable gas grill at Mijeres (over on Grape) for 30$. That along with a large disposeable cooler (5$) for the beer and drinks. Means we don't really have to bring anything if we don't want to.

Terry

9. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

Well I still plan on being at the game. This is my team win or lose. Besides, I figure tickets should be fairly easy to come by now, and at a good price.

Corey, do you think I can get the Salsa past airport security?

Tim

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I ain't giving in to terrorists and I sure as heck am not giving in due to Davie. We'll be there with bells on.

Gipper,

I was planning on bringing the "Grill2Go" and a cooler but reading Terry's post I'm not sure if they'd let me.. although the grill is a gas with no charcoal.

Sid,

Yes, it is very different. Your little girl is getting married and it's a great day that will never come again.. You can watch the Irish stink it up next week and every week after [​IMG]

Tom,

I think laser pointers would be a bad joke in this heightened state of terrorist warnings [​IMG] Not to mention it's probably a good way to get your head ventilated [​IMG]

More Gip,

Yes I am bringing Des to light the grill and Carson to help rip everything into shreds [​IMG] He's no longer the cute little baby who sits still and smiles at everyone. He's now a huge pile of crewcut wearing pissed off two year old who is anxious to see and touch everything that comes his way. [​IMG]

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Corey...Gas is all they will let in the parking lots now days. We bought a "disposeable charcoal" for the MSU game and were told by security guard that if her boss saw he would confiscate it. She advised us to eat quickly, but let us slide.

Although I'm not sure why butane is better than charcoal in terms of safety. She said fires have been started by people who leave their charcoal grills with hot coals when they leave for the game.

If you guys are driving then it makes sense to pack the grill if not, then it makes more sense to just buy a cheap throw away.

Terry

12. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Terry
    I think that the problem is that gas grill can be turned off and there's no problem. Charcoal has to be disposed of and often folks leave the hot coals somewhere, anywhere in the lots and head for the game or home.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll be there too. The last I heard, the G-Man was good to go and the MBC still has Fourhorsemen ale on Friday night...

I'll handle Carson. After raising Corey, it's all downhill after that...

I think I'll head over to Between The Buns after the game too. I get hungry just thinking about their Frank Robinson with green onions...

Flying into Indy this time, instead of Chicago. Driving down to Alabama again afterwards...

...JO'Co

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Cool then I will bring the grill... Gip, you can bring yours also if you feel that we will need two grills.. How many folks are we looking at total??

Do you guys want us to pick up some brats before heading out or should we risk it and try to find some stuff in Indiana??

JOCO,

You're gunna handle Carson eh?? [​IMG] As I type this, he is sitting in the drawer from his dresser. It's on the ground.. He and that gigantic Winnie the Pooh he has are sharing some cheesy bread and watching cartoons while causing general mayhem...and this is "being good" [​IMG] It may be downhill but this guy is a tobagan ride from Mt Everest [​IMG]

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Going to Indy huh? Those rubes who stole your wallet have a franchise there also! [​IMG]

Terry

16. Tim Gentry

Well, what do you think guys. Try to buy some tickets now or wait and get them from scalpers at the stadium? Looks like most can be had for about $100 each on ebay.

Did I read somewhere that they have some new scalping laws they are enforcing now in SB and ND?

Tim

17. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I'm on the local ND club email list. It seems that before every game there are plenty of tickets for sale. I wouldn't pay over face at this point. Quite frankly, there seem to be a lot of people who don't want to travel because of the recent events in NY and others who are turned off by boring, losing football.
    As soon as I see SC tickets for sale, I try to buy. As I recall JO'Co needed some.
    Corey
    There's a supermarket just east of campus that has good tailgate stuff the mornings of the games. I'm working on two parking passes if I can. One to set up early and the other to get in later with the grub. I'll bring a grill too. I see that they have newer better models than those tempermental pieces of junk I used to bring.
    Mike

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Corey,

Your idea of being good was filling my gas tank with the garden hose and throwing rocks at low flying aircraft...

I'll take my chances with Bam-Bam...

...Grandpa

19. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

20. Tim Gentry

gipper,

I would appreciate it if you would keep me in mind on the tickets. I'm hoping to go to the game with my son from Chicago and a daughter from my first marraige that I haven't seen in several years so I'm trying to find 3 tickets.

One way or another though I will be there. If I have to mug a scapler for tickets...so be it.

Corey,

I would think you should be able to find the brats there locally.

I will be bringing some salsa from el paso if I can get it in my hand carried bag.

Even with the losses, i still get excited thinking about tailgaiting in SB!

Go Irish!(haven't said that for a while)

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.