Notre Dame vs Navy

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Nov 11, 2019.

1. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

especially for me since ND will be playing somewhat close to me every year. Before the cancer blindside, I had designs on going to the Duke game this season. Hotels and tickets were cheap, as well as readily available. I've pulled the 9+hour drive to South Bend many times before, and I am sure at some point, I will do it again. I wish I had a buddy with an RV that I could talk into renting. I've got one friend with a real nice one, but he goes to Bama games home and away. If I pulled that off, I'd wind up showing up at people's doors (hello Gipper!) and we'd have a party by the time we got North of the Mason-Dixon line. :)

The Music City Bowl was a ton of family fun. I'd highly recommend that one. You can go as cheap, or high end, as you want. It's like 2 hours one-way from me. I wouldn't mind if the Irish wound up there.

2. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

You don’t make that pilgrimage without a lot of planning and costs analysis. I had my son and very pregnant daughter in law with me and I was treating. Closest motel rooms were in Shipshewanna which is 26 miles from campus. Arrived on Friday so two nights there. I think Gipper May have arranged the ticketss, if not him it was the local Jersey Shore Alumni club. Did the entire campus and surrounding area; tailgated with Tony Rice. Just kind of fell into that one. It’s a major expense but a unique experience. And all that in about 60 hours.

• Like Like x 3