Notre Dame vs Boston College

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Tree's lost again today, to CAL. The worst Stanford team in years. I don't know what happened to them this year.

Oh yeah another positive, Irish Women's Basketball went to Ann Arbor and beat a ranked Michigan team.

Hockey lost at Mich State 3-2.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

After worrying so much about replacing Yoon I think I'm finally convinced we have a really good FG kicker in Jonathan Doerer. He has been good, real good.

Also, if I didn't mention it before, we have a really, really good Defensive Coordinator. Give Clark Lea a bigger contract before he goes somewhere else. In the end he may turn out to be even better than his mentor Mike Elko. (thanks Texas A&M)

• Like Like x 1
  3. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Tim, 2 good points. I think so much of kicking is confidence and Doerer seems to have it. Right now he seems as accurate as Yoon but I think he has better range. Lea has been outstanding. He's going to be in the sights of a number of programs. Hope that the leprechaun can spare a little gold for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tim Gentry

When Terry starts the Stanford thread I've got a lot to say about that game. Any Irish fan that thinks that game isn't important is wrong. Besides, I have my own reasons to want to win this game, badly!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tim Gentry

Little bit of good news:

"He's been outstanding. Our defensive coaches feel he's the best player over there." - Brian Kelly on WR Kevin Austin Jr.

"He's had numerous challenges place in front of him. He's succeeded in meeting each one of those challenges. Good things on the horizon for him."

I guess we will see him next season, we will need him with Claypool gone. Not sure what he did but sounds like he is finally off Kelly's shi* list.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019