Notre Dame Recruiting and Bowl Season.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Ohio State blitzed the Irish Hockey team last night. 5-1...took control at the outset and never let up.

Should be a real battle in the B1G Hockey Tournament between OSU and ND.

2. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Terry,

We are not quite at your level just yet, but we are getting closer!

3. Terry O'Keefe

Since Hockey is a playoff sport I fear that the Irish with that long unbeaten Streak remind me of the Cleveland Indians.

4. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

Notre Dame

<r>ND i currently leading for this RB from Florida. Man, I hope we can get this kid!<br/>
    <br/>
    <URL url="https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/5493/intel-notre-dame-still-tops-for-chez-mellusi/1"><LINK_TEXT text="https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/5493/int ... -mellusi/1">https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/5493/intel-notre-dame-still-tops-for-chez-mellusi/1</LINK_TEXT></URL></r>

5. Terry O'Keefe

We'll definitely need two stud RB's in the 2019 class. This kid looks good but he didn't make the ISD Fab 50, there are 5 other RB's that they have rated higher, hopefully we'll get one of them to go along with this kid if he comes to ND.

Irish Women cruised in the 2nd half vs a scrappy Ga.Tech team that we were tied with at half time. They ran out of gas after really out hustling us in the 1st half, we played pretty sloppy due to their aggressive defense, but settled down in the 2nd half and smoked'em.

Matt Freeman had a good article today:

In it he mentioned that even though Markese Stepp didn't make it into ND, his early commitment to the Irish and his work helping in recruiting was an early key to getting the 2018 class going.

Also had this to say about Jeff Quinn, who was roundly booed (not really) when he was announced as the OL coach.

[quotel]

Finally, my last thought is on Jeff Quinn. I mentioned on the board that this guy was impressive as hell on Wednesday in his presser. He sounds like a football guy, he talks like a football guy and he says the right things.

He hasn’t coached yet, so that remains to be seen, but if you watch his presser, it’s hard not to come away impressed with him.

I’ll admit that when he was announced, I was shocked as many of you were. However, the more I think about it, the offensive line is the one position where you need a coach that just gets his room, and he doesn’t have to be as personable as other position coaches.
    [/quote]

It's a good read and I'd recommend it. It's not a Premium Story.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/5506/sunday-reflections-recruiting-academics-and-jeff-quinn

6. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

Notre Dame

<r><QUOTE><s>
    </e></QUOTE>

Agreed. I feel better about him than when he was first announced but we'll have to see in Sept.</r>