Notre Dame Football 2023

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Fall camp started today, 40 days till kickoff in Dublin.

Lots of online reports of the first practice since it was open to the media. All is well! :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Terry O'Keefe

• Like Like x 1
  3. Terry O'Keefe

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Terry O'Keefe

Lots of Irish Women's Basketball fans can't wait to see Hannah Hildalgo suit up for the Irish.

MADRID, Spain – It might have been the single biggest play in FIBA Under-19 World Cup history. With her team up two and a packed house roaring for the Spanish hosts, Hannah Hidalgo swiped Alicia Florez Getino with 11 seconds left. The steal permitted Team USA to emerge with a third-consecutive gold medal, 69-66, and 10th overall.

In the aftermath, the 5’6 guard from Haddonfield, New Jersey, was selected as one of the competition’s All-Star Five. Hidalgo averaged 10.7 points per game, which were second behind Joyce Edwards’ 12.6 on the super-balanced USA roster.

“I am truly blessed to be in this position,” said Hidalgo, who also won the Under-17 World Cup last year. “God had put me into this position, so I give him glory. It’s truly a blessing to be a two-time gold medalist. The fans really love that team (Spain), so it was great. It definitely prepares me for what’s to come in college in those types of hostile environments. When that crowd came in, I got my team together and said, ‘We have two minutes left; let’s keep on pushing.’ It’s truly an honor to be here; of all the teams that are here, it’s a blessing to be one of the five best.”

How Hannah Hidalgo emerged at the Under-19 World Cup

5. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Great story. You have no idea how timely this article is. I'll send you an email explaining why. May take a day or two, but it's coming.

• Like Like x 3
  6. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Thanks for the article Terry. Wonderful story. I've actually been to Cody Wyoming having drove up there with Mary's sister and her husband from their place in Jackson. It's pretty "rural" but I guess Marcus has access to a jet and getting there is no problem.
    The kid is already a favorite on Mike Franks site. If he's half as good as he looks, he'll see the field.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2023
  7. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I laughed out loud. Watch to the end, beyond the credits:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
  8. Terry O'Keefe

Not sure I really like those uniforms, last year I loved the ones for the BYU game in Vegas. I have liked some of the other green jersey's I can't remmeber which ones though, I think it was the ones we wore in the game at Fenway vs BC and my favorite one over all is the ones we wore vs Ariazon State back in 2013

[​IMG]

9. Terry O'Keefe

Like all of you I've read a lot of reports and I am encouraged that we will be a very good team.

Reports on Sam Hartman are all very positive. Now we have to hope that he stays healthy as the guys behind him have little or no experience.

Reports on the RB's are all very positive and esp those about Estime. The guys behind him all show some promise and it's encouraging that a couple of those guys are coming back from injury and doing very well.

But most of all it seems like the OL is coming together. Joe Alt is one of the top tackles in college football and the guy who he replaced and now is at RT was a wow at this time last year before he got injured early on in the season. That would be Blake Fisher. The 3rd returning starter is a guy who has a lot of experience at center, Zeke Correll.

The questions were at guard and it appears that Billy Schrauh and Andrew Kristofic have seized the position. Fan favorite, Rocco Spindler is still not ready to be the starter. Schrauth was highly thought of but was injured as a freshman and didn't see any action. Kristofic is the opposite of Rocco not a fan favorite even though he was also highly recruited. But he's battled injuries. I read posts that hoped he would transfer or go pro after last season. But then they had the same opinion of Josh Lugg. Proving that fans are know nothings.

Surprisingly I'm also reading a lot of positives about the defense in general esp the DL's and the CB/Saftey's. We definitely need to be much improved to crack the top 10. LB's are all Seniors and experienced but no 1st day draft picks likely in the bunch. Lots of young talent, but we'll need the experienced guys to show up. Whipping boy for the fans is JD Bertrand, he's a Captain and has lead the team in tackles, but he's been just average in pass coverage and again have seen posts last spring hoping he'd transfer and/or get beaten out by a young guy. Kid is a winner IMHO. My guy on defense is Jack Kiser, I like his story. Big fish in small town seems like a great kid.

For me the icing on the cake would be another guy whose story I like making an impact on special teams, Luke Talich.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Terry O'Keefe

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. Terry O'Keefe

Well early take on the ND boards is that a large percentage of the online fanbase hate the deal.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

The Irish have landed commitment No. 3 in the rising junior class, with Tampa (Fla.) Jesuit running back Justin Thurman announcing his pledge to Notre Dame Tuesday afternoon.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I was wondering why the online fan base would feel that way, but then I realized that I don't care. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Terry O'Keefe

Really great for the Irish Golf Team.

SOUTH BEND, Ind. – NBC Sports and St Andrews Links Trust have announced the inaugural St Andrews Links Collegiate Presented by TopGolf and World Wide Technology, to be held at the historic Old Course in St Andrews, Scotland, this October 23-25.

The signature three-day event will feature men’s and women’s golf teams from Georgetown University, the University of North Carolina, the University of Notre Dame and Vanderbilt University with two days of stroke play on the Jubilee Course followed by a day of medal match play on the Old Course at St Andrews.

Irish Set to Play the Historic Old Course in St Andrews, Scotland

• Like Like x 3
  16. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

**** them

17. Terry O'Keefe

If you follow ND recruiting, you remember that 5 star QB Dante Moore was going to be our guy in the 2023 class, then reportedly an Uncle stepped in and said Whoa...what about his NIL how much we going to get paid. So Oregon stepped up and offered him a sweet NIL deal and he verballed to the Ducks. Then UCLA offered a better deal and he was likely to be the starter from day 1 while Bo Nix was coming back in Oregon. So he was off to UCLA.

Now there are 'unsubstantiated" claims he's unhappy at UCLA as something about his NIL deal isn't to his liking. So he's thinking of transferring, ugh. I don't really care what he does but that's where we are with the whole transfer portal and NIL these days. It's too easy now for kids to leave.

18. Terry O'Keefe

I saw where both the Irish and the Middies will have special uniforms for the game in Dublin. Both teams are Under Armour teams. Hope they are good !

19. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

As to the unis, they appear very similar to the traditional gold pant, blue shirt ones. Maybe some different logo on the sleeve but nothing eye-popping.

20. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

As to Moore it sounds a lot like that Fla. recruit a year or two who wasn't happy with his NIL deal. He's treating UCLA the way the school treated the PAC....see ya!