Notre Dame Fall Camp.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Bobda, I don't have an ipad yet, but I'm probably going to get one in the near future. Maybe we can start our own internet show, like Car Talk on NPR. We can call it "House Breaking" which won't be far from the truth. :lol:

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Pretty Cool....Bobblehead Bob and Lloyd.

[​IMG]

3. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Very cool! Looks just like him. Bobda, I mean. I haven't met Lloyd.

4. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:D :D :D

That does look cool!

5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Bobda I'm sorry to read about your mom. Hope you enjoy your retirement as much as Sid seems to be.

6. Terry O'Keefe

I can't tell for sure but is that a low tax cigarette from N.Indiana in Bobda's left hand? :)

7. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. I recognize it. :lol:

8. ndfan77

ndfan77 New Member

Danny Spond career at ND is over. Medical issue

9. Terry O'Keefe

That's a damn shame. Spond is a fine football player, but if he''s continuing to battle migraines like he did this time last year then it's time for him to walk away.

Corey Robinson continues to wow people with how good he has developed and Jaylon Smith is constantly described as the best athlete on the defense. A lot of observers are giving Tommy Rees his props as well, not that they say he's the next Elway but that he's made a lot of strides and other than not having the arm strength to gun it deep he's making all the other throws and they all say he looks in much better shape.

10. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:(

re: Danny Spond

Ouch. As much as I love Danny Spond, there are some things more important than football. I was amazed that he played last year after his headache issues and I'm glad he's outta there. Now he can go live a normal life that might have been cut very short if he had continued. Football is a student activity. It's not worth anyone's life...

11. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

Spond

<t>I like Spond to. Sorry to hear it.</t>

12. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Just read that top reserve DL Tony Springmann got hurt Friday and may be out for the year. Not determined yet.

The Irish have lots of speed at WR and stretching the field is a big part of a successful running game. Apparently Tommy Rees has not been able to get the ball to WRs downfield. They say he is pinpoint on short and intermediate routes but simply cannot reach his guys on the deep ball.

Rees is definitely the best option but Hendrix better stay loose.

13. Terry O'Keefe

Yeah that is going to be the issue for Rees this year. For example that TD pass to Brown in the OU game, it's doubtful that Tommy could have gotten him the ball.

Springman will be missed, he was a quality backup. Next man in.

14. Terry O'Keefe

New Morris Inn has opened. Sid, Mike what do you think it takes to get a room for a football weekend?

Morris Inn

Link is not to a website, but instead will open a .pdf file

15. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Don't know because I don't have what it takes. :lol:

I met the architect, Doug Marsh, pictured on page 4, on our Ireland trip last year. We spent a lot of time with him and his wife. Nice guy and obviously very adept at what he does.

16. Terry O'Keefe

Here is your daily kick in the nuts. Elijah Hood a 5 star RB who was committed to the Irish, said nah I think I'll stay close to home. Reportedly headed to UNC.

17. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

The easiest way would be to become a Cardinal. (No AJ not that type of Cardinal.)

18. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

I'll break my silence here to comment on the Hood issue. I don't think the fact that Alford took time away from his profession to take care of family and then his top recruit de-commits is an accident. This is also the kid who was flushing his Alabama recruiting material.

That also means, in this cut throat business, someone took the time and announcement that Alford was having a family tragedy to circle his top prospects and start taking whacks. My money would be on Ohio State's Everett Withers, South Carolina's Shawn Elliott, or Clemson's Danny Pearman. I have no facts to back this up, it's just a gut feeling it's one of them.

Going forward, I think there's 2 things to hold onto while moving forward.

1. I wouldn't touch Wood again with a 10 foot pole. It's not bitterness. I don't want to hear this 'kids will be kids' ****. This is now his 2nd strike...and in my game, you don't get 3. He's acted the fool and pulled some public stunt twice.. F*ck that guy. Let him go to Clemson or Ohio State (which is still oddly in the running considering he's supposed to be staying close to home.. I've seen this too many times with Urban)

2. Figure out who that coach was who picked the scab, and make an example out of him. It's a cut throat business. Hire a PI, photoshop picture, make **** up.. do whatever you have to do to destroy that guy and send a message...

or meet the fate of the previous coaches who took an 'aww shucks' attitude to guys getting 'Meyered' in the recruiting process...

Oh gee, did I mention Urban Meyer and his staff at Ohio State again? I'm sure that's an accident...one that will happen many times in the future.

19. Terry O'Keefe

Well no doubt in the current recruiting reality, recruits don't stop getting recruited just because they verbal to somebody. Kelly is currently going after a Purdue commit named Trumbetti and I believe their is another kid named Lazzard who is an Iowa State verbal who they are still recruiting. I'm sure Purdue and Iowa State fans will fell like we must have done something underhanded to get them to change their mind, if they switch to ND eventually.

I don't know what to think about Hood, his dad has been quoted as saying how something happened on his last visit to ND and he was permanently soured on the Irish. Funny thing is I went back to the articles written after his last visit and he had nothing but praise for his visit, for hanging out with the guys, he was excited about playing with the OL's that were a part of his class. Of course his dad could be bull shitting us and just covering up something, maybe we were bitten by the girlfriend who can't understand why he would leave her behind when he could play close to her.

20. Terry O'Keefe

Well no doubt in the current recruiting reality, recruits don't stop getting recruited just because they verbal to somebody. Kelly is currently going after a Purdue commit named Tranquille (I think) and I believe their is another kid named Lazzard who is an Iowa State verbal who they are still recruiting. I'm sure Purdue and Iowa State fans will fell like we must have done something underhanded to get them to change their mind, if they switch to ND eventually.

I don't know what to think about Hood, his dad has been quoted as saying how something happened on his last visit to ND and he was permanently soured on the Irish. Funny thing is I went back to the articles written after his last visit and he had nothing but praise for his visit, for hanging out with the guys, he was excited about playing with the OL's that were a part of his class. Of course his dad could be bull shitting us and just covering up something, maybe we were bitten by the girlfriend who can't understand why he would leave her behind when he could play close to her.