Not to make a fuss

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by IrishCorey, Feb 12, 2019.

1. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

Just an update and a message:

I wanted to say thank you to all of you guys (and gals) for standing by me during this. It's my final week of treatment and my last day is Thursday. I will probably be recovering for some time afterwards, but at least I won't have to be strapped to that board wearing that face/chest mask anymore. In November, I have my follow up PET scan to see if there's any cancer left, followed by a visit to the oncologist to go over the results of the scans. I've been on the Fentanyl patches for a week now and they are increasing the dosage today to 50mcg.

This has certainly been a learning experience. I've learned so much about myself and others. Hopefully, in November we learn that I am cancer free. I'm still waiting to hear about disability. It's odd because "cancer is suppose to be a slam dunk" but here I am waiting all these months later. We've barely managed to keep floating during this time.

Thank you all again. You're more than I deserve and absolutely wonderful.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Glad to hear that you are making progress Corey. It's a tough road, I lost my brother in law Pat Drexel last week. He was being treated for Esophageal cancer, but that wasn't what caused his death. It was a stroke after he'd completed his treatment (same as yours chemo/radiation) and was waiting to do the followup PET scan.

Hopefully you get good report from your PET scan and can move on with your life.

3. IrishCorey

Doc,

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's an interesting bond that you form with your fellow patients in the waiting areas.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear about Pat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. IrishCorey

Rang the bell today, so now we wait.

6. IrishCorey

Update: Nothing cancer related as I am still waiting to do the scans and reviews with the oncologists. However, I did qualify for disability. The downside is that it doesn't kick in until December 24th. The wife and I have no idea what we're going to do to get through the next month. That isn't a plea for money. You can donate if you wish and honestly, I'd prefer you donate to PayPal if you do since it's cheaper for you and me. That being said, you guys have done more than enough. We just gotta figure out how to get through this month and the holidays on next to nothing. I will qualify for a medicaid card and retroactive billing so I can go back and have them resubmit those bills to that insurance as well.

• Informative Informative x 1