No Labels Candidate?

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by BuckeyeT, Mar 9, 2024.

1. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

"No Labels may finally have a candidate in consideration for its third-party "unity ticket" in the 2024 presidential election.

Sources familiar with the group's efforts to field a third-party ticket tell ABC News that No Labels representatives have had meetings with former Georgia GOP Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan about running as the group's presidential candidate."

Former Georgia GOP Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan under consideration as No Labels candidate

Clearly not a coincidence that the Atlanta Journal Constitution published an op-ed from Duncan. He's a Republican but has very strong views about the disgraced ex-President. Do they have a chance and if not, who does it hurt or help?

"OPINION: End doesn’t justify the means on Trump
    Former Ga. Lt. Gov.: Trump’s incapable of leading in the right way."

Former Georgia Lt. Gov Geoff Duncan: Trump not capable of leading in the right way

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

The most popular player on a team is the backup QB.

3. BuckeyeT

Thinking about it, a majority of US voters don't want either one of on these nominees, so it's actually something that the people have asked for.

It will be interesting to see what happens, if the guy is on the ballot I would definitely consider voting for him. In any event, I hope he does run. The more the facts of the 2020 election gets told from an authoritative perspective like his, the better it is for the US electorate and the strength of our democracy because facts don't cease to exist because they are ignored. My thanks to Mr. Aldous Huxley

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Well whether or not he has good ideas and might be a excellent president is moot, nobody knows who he is and he's probably has a small or no campaign fund. So it's a non-starter, even a high profile, well financed (self) candidate like Ross Perot never was even close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BuckeyeT

True that, but I believe strongly that the more the facts of Trump's betrayal are communicated and understood by the people the greater is the benefit to the democratic institutions of state of our great republic. Having a Republican in a position of leadership and authority who witnessed Trump's attempt to defraud the people and is willing, able and eager to speak to the facts surrounding the conspiracy is a national treasure and very rare commodity. Duncan is one of few Republicans willing to stand up to Trump's treachery, put country before political self-interest and speak the truth to the people. I hope he runs, gets enough funding to campaign and be heard and continue to erode the veil of lies and deceit. The more people that appreciate the facts, the more people will realize that the MAGA emperor has no clothes and help cement the foundations of democracy from his assault. Facts are very sticky things.....

6. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

"The veil of lies and deceit"...of whom are we referring to?

7. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

AJ, you can stick with your guy. I'll stick with mine.

8. BuckeyeT

Yep, Sid, I agree, character counts and facts matter. The video below of Mitt Romney addressing the issue of character in his voting decision hits home too. I know it resonates with independents and moderate conservatives like me. The question will be did Biden's missteps push enough of the centrists away or the progressives to stay home than did Trump being Trump cause the center to abandon ship on him

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  9. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Politics have always been a contact sport. The above examples are pretty mild compared to the weaponization of government that we've seen the last few years.

But like we used to say in the Corps..."If you can't take a joke, you better not be one"

And on that note, I treat this place like a bar...politics and religion are angry subjects to discuss..so I shall bow out and wish everyone a good day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Well spoken, sir. Class.

11. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Speaking of no chance candidate, I see that RFK Jr is considering Aaron Rodgers as his 3rd party running mate at VP. :confused:

12. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Maybe Aaron recently shared his stash of psychedelic mushrooms with RFK.
    Watching presidential politics this year makes me better understand why people in the days of early Christianity fled from society and spent the remainder of their days living as a hermit in a desert cave.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1