Need some explanations......

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

So I'm sure Trump disdainfully listened to and then ignored advice from anyone in the science/medicine field when they reported what was in our national pandemic prep kit or what wasn't. He probably took no stock in what they said because he had three years to correct the problem and apparently did nothing but sit around and grumble " that damned Obama.... he left us short"....

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

It seems to me that the blame game is so childish...whether it's Trump claiming he was left with a depleted stockpile or whether it's Dems blaming trump as if a parade of brilliant scientists and epidemiologists were filing through his office advising him to bump up the ventilators and PPE. The strategic stockpile is meant to be a supplemental stopgap for state and local governments in the case of local medical disasters, bio terrorism, hurricanes, whatnot. How are you going to "stock up" enough gowns, gloves, and N95 masks to protect all the health care workers and first responders in the entire country...We've had 1.5 million infected people and You're not going to stock up 100 million facemasks and 50,000 ventilators...just not gonna happen.

A Depleted Strategic National Stockpile in a Time of Need

3. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Speaking of scientists, let's review:
    End of Jan. Grouchy Fauci tells an interviewer that Covid-19 is "not a serious threat to the US." (This is echoing the WHO.)
    Mar. We are told there is not need to wear masks and that it may do more harm than good.
    Apr. Health depts. in some states ie. NY and PA for example mandate that nursing homes take in patients infected.
    And then there's the CDC who when we just started with outbreaks came up with defective testing kits.

Yeah,Ya gotta believe every word these medical geniuses say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Motorcity Gator

"How are you going to "stock up" enough gowns, gloves, and N95 masks to protect all the health care workers and first responders in the entire country...We've had 1.5 million infected people and You're not going to stock up 100 million facemasks and 50,000 ventilators...just not gonna happen."

That's a good question to remember when the ever re-election conscious Trump is rallying his base and ragging on about Obama leaving him with a bare cupboard.
    I guess in year 4 of his tenure that Jimbo Fisher will be blaming every bad thing that happens to the Aggies on Kevin Sumlin.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
  5. Motorcity Gator

I guess in year 4 of his tenure that Jimbo Fisher will be blaming every bad thing that happens to the Aggies on Kevin Sumlin.
    I feel the dislike button coming:
    "Fox News hosts such as Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and Laura Ingraham hyped the new developments as part of the supposed "OBAMAGATE" scandal the network has been promoting for the last few days with President Trump. Anchors at the network, such as Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum, also elevated the story. And during the day, softball interviews were given to Republican Senators Rand Paul and Ron Johnson, both of whom have, thus far, declined to appear on CNN.
    Online, the Fox News homepage prominently displayed articles on the topic, while barely mentioning the coronavirus or havoc it has wrecked on the nation and world. It looked far more like the front page of the far-right website Breitbart than a credible news organization.
    That Fox News would push a dishonest disinformation campaign against Trump's political opponents is reprehensible, but not surprising. The network has been pumping poison into the national conversation for quite some time. But that Fox is engaging in such behavior as more than 83,000 Americans lay dead from a virus that has upended American life is particularly repugnant.
    And while it might be tempting to ignore all of this, and brush it aside, there is a real news story here: It's that the President of the United States, in conjunction with a major American network, is polluting the information wells during a pandemic to help distract from the bad news and boost his re-election efforts.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Pot...meet kettle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

"That Fox News would push a dishonest disinformation campaign against Trump's political opponents is reprehensible, but not surprising. The network has been pumping poison into the national conversation for quite some time. But that Fox is engaging in such behavior as more than 83,000 Americans lay dead from a virus that has upended American life is particularly repugnant" How about the shits who when this pandemic was just starting were distracting the White House with a horseshit "Impeachment?"
    I've decided that you're one of those trolls who gets off pissing folks off or hopefully ignorant and gullible.
    As to timing, documents recently unclassified transcripts showed that Obama administration members such as Clapper, Brennan and Rice testified before the House Intelligence committee that they knew of no evidence that showed collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. Of course they said just the opposite on CNN, MSNBC and other members of American Pravda. And of course the hopelessly gullible and ignorant lapped up every lie. What happened was nothing short of an attempted silent coup against a duly elected President. Of course American Pravda doesn't consider that anything of note. They're still looking for stories about Covid victims who had a fatal result.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Motorcity Gator

Even though he was "acquitted" by the senate on Feb. 5th it was a forgone partisan conclusion anyway.
    So what distracted him between the 5th of Feb and March 5th when Covid began to ramp up in the U.S.?
    Anyway... Trump's style has been using Fox News and his daily tweets to distract from negative news on Covid so I would expect that to continue in earnest heading into the fall.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Why was the acquittal "partisan and the impeachment not? Meanwhile American Pravda has been digging up negative news on Covid to avoid reporting on how corrupt the Obama administration was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Motorcity Gator

The impeachment was a waste of time given the decided advantage the GOP has in the Senate.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

"So what distracted him between the 5th of Feb and March 5th when Covid began to ramp up in the U.S.?" Just what were NY, NJ, WA, Ill. and MI doing during that time? Each state had a dept. of Health that is supposed to prepare for outbreaks. Clowns like Cuomo got caught woefully short and then Governor Chicken Little started crying for ventilators and hospital beds. I didn't hear of particular problems with VA hosp. armed service hospitals or Indian clinics. Of course the Federal government runs them.

12. Motorcity Gator

So if the North Koreans attack New York is that Cuomo's responsibility?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

I love boxing...I also love the way they announce the winners.

2200 hrs Nov 3rd, 2020...."The Winner!!... and STILL President...

14. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

There's always something to do at 0 dark 30 Dave.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

If NY City Hall runs out of toilet paper does the Federal Government have to buy them more?

16. Motorcity Gator

You would like to think that Trump's son is misquoted... that this is just fake news it's so sick:
    "A day before his father's stunning hydroxychloroquine admission, Eric Trump told Fox News that Democrats are milking the pandemic for political gain and trying to prevent his father from holding campaign rallies. And he predicted that after the presidential election on November 3 the "coronavirus will magically all of a sudden go away and disappear and everybody will be able to reopen."

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Motorcity Gator

More explanation needed.....
    Would a political party endeavor to have people unnecessarily die in their efforts to vote in person at the polls in a presidential election???
    Answer is yes??
    "President Donald Trump on Wednesday lashed out at officials in two swing states, Michigan and Nevada, over their moves to make it easier for more voters to cast their ballots by mail ahead of the November election, highlighting his growing anger over mail-in voting changes that he contends will hurt his chances of reelection.
    The President's harsh and often baseless criticism of vote-by-mail is significantly ratcheting up as more and more states loosen their vote-by-mail restrictions proactively or on court orders.
    The latest: Texas, where a federal judge ruled on Tuesday that all voters can request an absentee ballot if they fear contracting the coronavirus by going to the polls in person, dealing a blow to Republicans in the state who had argued against sending ballots for that reason."

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I am concerned to some degree with the mass move to vote by mail. Of course as a senior citizen I have been able to vote by mail for quite awhile and that's pretty much how I do it. Register online, get packet in mail, fill out ballot and mail it in by the deadline. It's in the category of absentee voting.

But it certainly can lead to lots of issues, votes lost in mail, somebody getting a slug of them and filling them all out for whoever they were intended. Most likely a lot of people in assisted living and nursing homes will be potential victims. Votes not mailed in time to be counted. Instead of an election day that results in a winner 99% of the time, it will be strung out across days. Hanging chads? What about those who are sloppy filling out the form and or the form is damaged.

Not to mention, once we do it for this election, I doubt if we can turn back esp if it goes well and people are happy with it and the outcomes.

On the other hand I do get the trepidation to stand in lines social distancing with a mask.

If it's a close election, god help us with all the recounts. Think Gore/Bush was bad, this will be worse.

19. Motorcity Gator

If it was politicized the other way around and it was the Dems who wanted take the chances and keep leery republican voters staying home due to the Covid threat I would be equally appalled.
    And the fact that the sitting president is mostly concerned with his election success over safety of the voters is the most appalling.

20. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Well I don't know what the country will look like on the 1st Tues in November, but if restaurants are open all over the country at more than 50% and people are getting haircuts, shopping, etc. Then not sure how standing in line to vote is worse?

I hope by Nov 3rd we're in a much better place and able to go to the polls as traditional. But I do agree that alternate plans need to made and that those plans are contentious. Just like people all over the country sit in line for hours at the DMV to get their driver license picture, jump through all sorts of hoops to get food stamps and other Govt welfare, but put your picture on a voter card...them's fighting words. So a fight over mass vote by mail, not surprising that it's politicial.