ND

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Tim Gentry, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Thanks for the article Stu. I knew Augie a little since he was a regular at Farley's food sales. He was a really nice guy and always had a smile on his face. Boy could he light it up on the hardwood. Such a shame about his injuries. I see where he's working with Fred McLeod doing the Cavs games. McLeod did the Pistons for years.

3. Stu Ryckman

He's a homer but he keeps it exciting and adds a lot of insight. He can be very critical when there is a lack of hustle.

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Thanks for the article Stu, you have to wonder what type of NBA career Carr would have had if it weren't for the injuries. He was a great college player.

5. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know, I step on some toes with my rants about Purdue and my own daughter in Indy is a Purdue fan but my feelings run deeper than ND/Purdue, it’s IU/Purdue also. I’ll try not to say anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Tim, you certainly are free to express your opinion. I just have a real soft spot for Purdue because that's my Dad's alma mater, and I am inclined to defend the Boilers when someone puts them down, even you, my friend. For the record, I'm an IU fan also (wife and daughter alumnae) I have to smile that your daughter is a Purdue fan. Do you speak to each other? :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tim Gentry

Sid,
    LOL. When speaking to my daughter I try not to let my feelings about Purdue enter the conversation. I love her too much to hurt her feelings over a football team. I can defiantly respect your feelings for PU given your father was grad. I’ll try to keep my feelings about PU to myself on this board out of respect for you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Terry O'Keefe

June 21st is setting up to be the biggest recruiting weekend of the summer. A lot of 2020 targets will be on campus.

Also, remember Javon McKinley who got in trouble when a campus cop tried to help him back to his dorm when they found him drunk and he woke up confused and assaulted them. Well right now it seems like he might not be gone from ND, I saw on Irish Illustrated that Prister projects he'll be playing this fall at ND. I thought he was a goner, just like that kid who went home to Ohio on Spring Break a few years ago and did something (meth, X, ? ) and just went nuts at a bar. He made lot of racist statements, etc and was never back at ND. I think he ended up at Youngstown State.

9. Stu Ryckman

Aw, let 'er rip, Tim...:) Purdue was very good to me.

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dawgonnit, people like me. (said another Stewart). :D

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  10. Stu Ryckman

11. Terry O'Keefe

ND's top target at RB, 5 star Chris Tyree is set to announce his college choice next Thursday. Some think the Irish have a good chance, but he reportedly loved his visit to Oklahoma and Alabama is also in the mix.

No matter what he decides it helps ND, they have been slow playing a bunch of RB's and if he comes they can decide on whether or not they want a 2nd RB in the class, if he doesn't then they can ramp up the recruiting on their other targets and fill the slot.

12. Tim Gentry

we haven't had a high 4* or 5* RB commit in a long time. Hopefully we got our guy this time.

13. Tim Gentry

Wow, seems like most of the predictions are for this kid to commit to ND this week. I’m afraid the fan base will go off the rails if he doesn’t. I been thru this many times and then saw the kid flip to another school when the time came. He’s a difference maker and I believe would thrive in Long’s offense. I refuse to lose sleep over these kids anymore so if he commits to ND fine, if not life goes on. It’s his loss, not ND. We’ll be just fine.

14. Terry O'Keefe

It will certainly be a huge letdown for Irish fans, and another kid who Irish fans really hope will fall their way, Braiden McGregor, is set to announce the day after Chris Tyree announces. It could be double joy or double downers. Tyree is thought to be between OU and ND, McGregor is thought to be between Michigan and ND.

15. Terry O'Keefe

If you are a subscriber to The Athletic there is a very nice article by Pete Sampson on Troy Niklas who is back on campus working towards his degree. Josh Adams is also back on campus, and everybody knows that Jaylon Smith took 21 hours and finished up his degree and walked this past weekend. Jaylon is poised to finally be where he should be, one of the best LB's in the NFL. He's a 100% physically and this will be his fourth year, he's ready to rock. Too bad it's for the Cowgirls! :)

But back to Troy, the article mentions that his tuition is being covered by the NFLPA and ND with something called the Notre Dame Academic Enhancement Fund, which apparently has something to do with the NCAA and is not unique to ND.

ND also bent over backwards to help him out, he was late getting his application in and they still processed it and helped him to get the classes he needs and he'll have access to the Gug and academic resources that are available to student athletes.

Good article on Troy. Some of his comments on being not recognized since it's been awhile since he was on campus, even current football players walk right past him and don't know him. People figure he's an athlete but just can't place him.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Terry O'Keefe

There is another article on the Athletic on Alize Mack. In it he owns up to why he was suspended for the Citrus Bowl vs LSU. He was skipping class again, and got caught was assigned punishment of cleaning up the workout room which he blew off and was suspended for the Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  17. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

You figure that the suspension wasn't arbitrary, and it looks like the program even threw him a life line by initially giving him clean up detail. Dude didn't want to help himself.

18. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

I was in the stands for the 61 point game. I think he had 36 at half. In 2006 ws in Cleveland traveling with the New York Jets as a guest representing Sharp and had the chance to meet him at a restaurant. He sat with us and had a drink.

19. Tim Gentry

Tyree is Irish!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Terry O'Keefe

Really good news, the offensive recruits are really stacking up quality wise. Drew Pyne at QB, Jordan Johnson at WR, Michael Mayer at TE, Tosh Baker at OT. That's a good group. Now need to add in a couple of more OL's and the offense could be done, unless they add a 2nd RB to compliment Tyree.

Oh yeah don't forget the #1 long snapper in the country in Alex Peitsch.;)

• Like Like x 1