Muschamp to make 3.8 million per year

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

....over the next three years while at Auburn.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13262176/auburn-tigers-pay-muschamp-51-million-3-years

Has an assistant in college football ever done better??

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25241934/report-will-muschamps-unique-auburn-contract-big-money-easy-possible-exit

"Muschamp is still owed $6.3 million from Florida over the next three years. That, combined with his $1.6 million escalating salary from Auburn, guarantees Muschamp a head coach's salary while working as a defensive coordinator. According to AL.com, Muschamp's total income from Auburn and Florida would rank sixth among SEC head coaches salaries.

So Muschamp is making head coach money, can take another job after the season without the hassle of a big buyout and no longer has to deal with the incessant media responsibilities of a head coach."

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

A lot of Coordinators are making big bucks these days, Muschamp made a cool million/year as the coach in waiting at Texas. I'm pretty sure that Malzahn made a million/year when he was the OCoord at Auburn. I'll bet that Jimbo made a ton of money as well.

I wonder what Chavis is making at A&M.

But nobody tops Chollie Weis for getting the most money for doing nothing

3. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

You only brought up Chollie to get my back up. He perpetrated the biggest heist since since the Lufthansa job portrayed in Goodfellas. His agent should be enshrined in the College Football HOF.

4. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

Kinda indicative of college football these days, Miami will never be able to provide that kind of salary for assistant coaches much less the head coach on par with big state schools. Notre Dame can much better make it happen if need be but are the minority in private university's.

More power to the individual making those salaries as it's the American way to make the best of any situation. Meanwhile I might as well subscribe to the SEC channel as I expect many more championships to head their way.

5. kp

kp Well-Known Member

You may be able to get an asst coach who is just as good at 1/3 of the cost. Muschamp's defense at UF was not all that great. Now he may be a much better assistant than head coach. Just look at Kiffin! :lol:

6. Motorcity Gator

Kiffin has one more year.... even close to last year especially with no returning talent he is long gone... and Saban is hiring another OC.

7. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

So about half of Muschump's money is coming from his remaining Florida contract...

Chavis will be getting 1.5 mil per year, and we'll be happy to bump it up if he can resurrect the WC.

:D

Weiss... I'm sure he's spending a big chunk of that money on diabetic treatments...
    :p

8. kp

kp Well-Known Member

MCG, I'm not sure of your point. Mine was that Kiffin sucked as a head coach but is not too bad as an assistant. I guess we'll see about Muschamp. :?

9. Motorcity Gator

What I mean about Kiffin is that he probably longs for another HC gig more than he says and if he can coach this year's relatively inexperienced Bama offense up to a par or better than last year's 2nd in the SEC unit then he is probably going to get that opportunity somewhere.

10. kp

kp Well-Known Member

MCG
    I got ya now. Kiffin will get an offer somewhere in the next year or two. It may be some place like Southern Miss though. His propects get better the longer hhe works for Saban.

11. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

I wish Kiffin luck at whatever he does. I just hope it's not at the University of Florida.

Having said that KP doesn't mean I think he shouldn't be an assistant. From what I saw he did a credible job at Alabama.

I think that talking about Muschamp making all that money as an assistant is kind of misleading. His buyout from Florida is not part of his pay for being an assistant. He can earn that at home in an easy chair.

12. Motorcity Gator

Even so Bill.... Muschamp still has a sweet deal at Auburn.

1.8 mil for three years guaranteed plus he only has to stay through December of this year to negate any buyout expense should he leave for a HC gig.

Those Auburn boys have always meant business when it comes to their football.