Michigan v Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Bobdawolverweasel, Sep 10, 2006.

1. BobW

BobW New Member

Gotta love the remark Holtz made to Mark May Thurday night while discussing the ND-Mich matchup:

May: How are they going to protect the passer against the blitzes they'll see against Michigan? They given up six sacks in two games, Coach.

Holtz: You protected the passer all those years in Washington (Redskins) and these guys are better athletes than you were.

2. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

I knew there was something I liked about Lou Holtz

3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Ah 'tis a great day to be Irish. Top o' the maurning to you Mr's O'Connor, O'Baker, O'Gentry, O'Finn, O'Brien, and all the other O'Irish Fans!!

Our lads are as I type getting ready to battle the evil Hun from the North, aye they are a fearsome foe but our hearts are pure and our minds are clear we will beat them, praise the saints.

4. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Terry wrote:
    That is not a true Irish expression. I know this for a fact due to the looks received from Irish students when making this statement personally. Their response was

5. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Those "Irish" students were probably just Polish kids from Detroit. :)

6. Terry O'Keefe

I wouldn't be surprised if the phrase was written for Barry Fitzgerald in one of his many roles as an Irish priest or just plain Irishman. :)

7. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Thank you, Mr. O'Keefe, and top o' the mornin to you too. It's 5 hours til kickoff. Five freakin hours to worry, fret, stew over what the Force of Darkness will bring into our stadium to humble our fine lads. Five hours to twittle my thumbs and pace the floor while sweating out the minutes watching the displaced Gameday show and the other games of lesser importance to me but of great importance to others. Five hours to.....have a sandwich and a glass of milk, take a nap, and before I know it, it'll be 3:30 and time for kickoff.

GO IRISH!

8. Terry O'Keefe

Take a Nap!!! I just mowed and edged the yard, applied brown patch control and watered it in by hand with Medina. I'm sweatin' bullets here now! :)

9. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

8)
    Top o'the mornin to you lads from sunny SoCal, where USC is under investigation again and all looks right with the world...

.........No Justice, No Peace!.........OJ
    :p

10. Terry O'Keefe

Wow I didn't see this comming, Mich laying the wood to the Irish. :cry:

Offense has totally failed to show up, credit to the UM defense of course, but still... And Henne except for that one bad throw has been right on the money.

11. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Oh Baby! So far the evil mojo from the keychain and winged helmet nightlight ( I assume it did reach the O'Connor residence) is working beyond my wildest expectations!

12. Terry O'Keefe

While I don't see much hope at this point of winning the game, we can certainly come out and make it a game in the 2nd half. That's what's important at this point. To take some momentum on offense and defense away from the game, even if the score differential is too high to overcome.

The key factor will be getting the defense to make stops, esp on the first possesion.

Terry

13. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

<t>we got beat by the better team today. the offense was offensive. the defense was left to fend for themselves and that isn't good when its considered the weak spot of the team.<br/>
    <br/>
    hats off to Bob da master of the totems.</t>

14. Terry O'Keefe

Bottom line was that the Michigan DL/LB crew just whipped our OL all day long. Quinn never had any time to get set. Just a very impressive Michigan defense.

Henne was also very accurate today, all those TD's to Manningham were right on the money, being open is one thing but you still have to deliver the ball. Henne had the time and the arm to do it.

Congrats to Bobda, Michigan will be a very tough team to beat this year if they can play defense like that the rest of the year.

Charlie biggest job is to regroup the team and get things settled down, there are still a lot of big games for the Irish to play. He starts earning that big salary right now starting in the post game lockeroom.

Terry

15. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

16. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Congrats to Bobda and the Wolvarines
    Although you couldn't see the coverages often on TV their secondary must have done a hell of a job shutting down our wide outs. Their D 4 stuffed the run and put pressure on Quinn all day.
    As in the OSU bowl game our D backs just couldn't keep up with top receivers. While we gave up 47, most of those points came off miscues by the O and Special teams. The showdown in November might be really interesting this year. Good luck to M.

17. Motorcity Gator

Congrats to Michigan.

Never surprising to see Michigan exert their formidable tradition in a big win.

For ND it was a truly rough day in which nothing went right. Reminded me of UF-Alabama last year in the enormity of the implosion.

The ND weakness at pass defense was exposed today even though Manningham and Henne were just plain on it.

ND will probably make it out of the season at 10-2 or 9-3 and still be in a pretty good bowl or BCS bowl at 10-2.

18. AJNJ

AJNJ New Member

CONGRATS BOB

<t>My wife watched part of the game before heading out to the beach.<br/>
    <br/>
    I think she is undefeated watching the Bumble Bees. <br/>
    <br/>
    She likes their "outfits". <br/>
    <br/>
    I will see to it that she is no where near our home when Penn State plays UM.<br/>
    <br/>
    Nice game ! Michigan dominated all phases of the game.</t>

19. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Bobda. We NDers can only be consoled by the fact that a victory over us now counts as a quality win. That wasn't the case until CW came on board. And MI certainly showed that it is a quality team capable of running the table.

I am thankful that this spanking happened early so we don't have to live any longer with the illusion that we are a contendah. Now we can return to earth and begin the challenge of salvaging a very good season. There are still very important games to be played. The challenge begins next Saturday vs. a formidable MSU team in their house.

20. Motorcity Gator

A challenge indeed.