Michigan State vs Notre Dame.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

BP of 120 over 70

Pulse of 110 and strong

2. Tennessee Tom

Oops... Atril Fib

BP 170 over 90

Pulse 130 and eratic

3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

This is HPD paramedic John Culberston, Terry asked me to type a message that while he did suffer a heart attack at the end of the game that he's going to be ok.

Say a prayer for him, he looked pretty bad but was smiling through the pain.

John.

4. Tennessee Tom

Next time I tell you that I feel a pulse, you better by God listen! :twisted:

Congrats to the ND faithful. We missed the very end of the game due to a call out with the Fire Department.

5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Didn't miss much. An TD pass here, a int. for a TD there, a game ending pinball int. etc.
    All this by a team, according to the talking heads at halftime, didn't have as talented athletes.

6. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Oh wow, I left the Swamp and thought Notre Dame was going to lose badly and get home and find out they pulled a major rally and won.

That's a big time rally, congratulations guys.

7. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

:shock: :D :D :D
    Everybody sing!

I am Irish
    Hear me roar!
    In numbers too big to ignore!

Wait! Don't stop the broadcast now! I want to hear more analysis! I want Brent "The Cheerleader" Musberger to call Brady Quinn "The Coverboy" again! All he did was throw for 5 TDs and over 300 yards into a pouring rain, a hostile crowd and a 40mph wind! Not bad for an overrated coverboy...eh? I guess heart and courage don't compute in wannabeland...

Bring back Boob Davie too! Tell me again, oh Mighty Swami how YOU would do it better! Charlie just doesn't know how to manage the clock...does he Boobie? Why...he didn't even USE any of his 4th qtr timeouts! What would he want to save those for? Looks like he lucked out again! BTW Boob...how many times did YOU beat Michigan State? You know...Charlie has never lost a game in East Lansing...in fact...he's never lost a road game! That's a lot of luck Boob...

Tell me again...how Notre Dame has INFERIOR ATHLETES! Come ON Craig James! (The guy who made SMU what it is today.) Tell us all about it! Our "inferior" players (and coaches) out-scored MSU 19-0 in the 4th qtr. How lucky can we get! The Game Day crew called it "The Tuba Factor." Meaning that whenever the Irish play, balls bounce off the tuba player and somehow manage to wind up in the hands of the Irish receivers. Wow! That's a lot of luck too! In fact, its amazing how much luck you can have when your players are in better physical condition than the "better team." In fact, sometimes we don't even use the tuba! We just kick yer arse for three straight downs, show you a run defense, then peel off a nickle back to rob yer whole house! We're sorry (no we're not) but you fell for it! You knew how lucky we were...its your fault!

We are not worthy! Its the Luck O'The Irish! Its not fair! Three HOURS of drunken public school celebration down the drain! All of those MONTHS of Michigan State lies about Charlie Weis saying that he would never lose to Michigan State again! Well guess what...? Its true! He HASN'T lost to you again and you and all yer wimpy, begging lying, squirrel-sh!t eating fans can go CRY me a river! A-Boo-Hoo-Hoo! Cry for me you punks! Go on and CRY! (I've had a few...)

It ended so peacefully...

No retaliation for the pukes planting their flag in our turf. No mention of their bush-league coach who laughed at it; as if it were a childish prank. (Fat-Man Robinson was fired at USC for a similar incident that I witnessed in South Bend.) No finger pointing, boasting or chest-thumping and certainly no excuses for the underperformance that made the contest close... No. Oh no. That's not what happens in the Charlie Weis era. That is not the Irish style...

The team drew up very close to the band...huddled down in a corner of the field with them after the game...and got the students, alumni and lowly subways together...and sang the Alma Mater... "Notre Dame, Our Mother"... On YOUR field...in yo face...Never mind who our mother is: Michigan State... Who is Yo Daddy?

The Irish don't always win,
    because God is on our side.
    The Irish always win,
    because we're on HIS side!

........Thank God for Charlie Weis! They hate him so!

.......................JO'Co

PS. Feed Me Seymore! I want to see more!

PS. PS. ...and thank you God, for Terrail Lambert...

:p :p :p :p

8. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Ok JO'Co!

A very nice win indeed.

Gator Bill

9. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Gentlemen:

I watched a little bit of the second quarter and it looked pretty bleak for the Irish.

Surprised to see the outcome this morning. Count your blessings and congratulations. Brady had a great final quarter for the win.

Don

:eek:

10. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Unbelievable win!

To come back from one 17 point deficit is very difficult. To come back from two is impossible. I don't know what Weis said at half time but pride won this game.

Both of our lines were totally manhandled in the first half and both completely turned it around down the stretch.

As I said one week ago, Mike Richardson is our best defensive back. No contest. Kudos to Terrail Lambert who in a two minute span went from a dog to a hero.

Maurice Crum was everywhere. The D-line put more pressure on Stanton than I ever thought possible... all by themselves.

Two observations:

This Irish team is in superb physical condition.

If Brady Quinn goes on to win the Heisman it will be this game that did it. He exhibited every quality you would look for in the winner of this award and did it in impossible conditions. To date this is by far the best individual performance by a Heisman candidate this season.

11. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Unbelievable win by the Irish and what a an embarassment for MSU.

These guys just can't get their mind off the ensuing party to be had once they win except this game-losing thought seems to come in the 3rd quarter of too many games.

I see George has praise for the defense and while that may be justified I see 70 points hung up on the ND defense in two weeks (plus 14 points they had nothing to do with...84 total).

I saw a 30 yard TD run up the gut when the Irish needed to be tough and hang in there and that was surprisingly easy for the Spartans.

Call me skeptical about this Irish defense.

12. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

JO'Co,

Beautiful! I hope you don't mind that I shared it with family members, non-commercial purposes, of course.

It's funny. I guess over these many years I have become numb to Musberger. Those comments he made went in one ear and out the other.

I must correct you on one thing. Brady threw six TD passes. One just happened to be to a guy on the other team. :)

13. BobW

BobW New Member

The game is being replayed on ESPN Classic right now. Runs till noon EDT.

14. George Krebs

MCG:

MSU came into the game with the #3 rated offense in the nation averaging over 500 yds. per game. They finished with 388.

They scored 37 points, 14 of which were gifts..

Did the Irish D look OK to you in the 4th qtr.?

15. Terry O'Keefe

Bravo JO'Co.

MCG. Irish D will not resemble the Ohio State Defense, but they don't necessarily have to be that type of defense. Our problems have been the offense it's funk and it's turnovers. If the offense plays up to expectations, then the defense will be good enough to win the next 7 games.

Terry

16. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

George, I agree with Terry in that with an offense clicking the D is good enough to win the next 7 games.

They are not a top ten defense or even a top 15 defense however and that's lower than where where ND aspires to be.

In other words once ND navigates through the 7 games then what?
    A very likely close loss to USC and then a 10-17 point loss to a top team in a BCS Bowl?

In other words...that's a pretty good season but it is not where ND wants to be and it's all about the D right now.

17. HoustonLarry

HoustonLarry New Member

Well....

<t>I'm speechless and drained. It was so nice to do that to those people up there.</t>

18. George Krebs

Let's not forget true Freshman Darren Walls who started last night and held Trannan to two catches for 23 yards....

19. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Just saw the turning point of the game. MSU with a 16 pt. lead and driving. Just had a first down negated by,.....drumroll please.....a holding penalty vs the opponent (first of the year!!!) But then, refs don't lose games.....

20. Terry O'Keefe

LOL...those classless bums actually thought we'd try to plant a flag on their fifty yd line, so John L. sent out players to guard the "hallowed" S ....

[​IMG]