Membership Question

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Guest, Sep 14, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Guys do you want us to delete the Bill Clinton Topic? It got a little hot there to say the least, and maybe at a time like this now that everybody has had their say about the premise of the topic it's time to put it to rest.

Certainly I'd like to continue discussions about the disaster and don't want to censor topics per se. But I'm thinking maybe this one should go. I don't want to see our membership divided over the former President and his activities surronding this tragedy.

Let us know:

Terry

2. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Terry:

I don't care to push this any further but I'm not into revisionist history, especially now. If my BS detector goes off, I'm going to acknowledge it.

[This message has been edited by George Krebs (edited 09-14-2001).]

3. BUGEATER

BUGEATER New Member

Delete it.

4. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

The Gunner Says....
    Your Done. Moving On now.

Semper Fi Bob
    Semper Fi Corey

5. Tailback

Tailback Guest

Delete it!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Great! This is just what America needs right now....censorship.

Why don't we sanitize the newpapers while we're at it.

Let's celebrate our patriotism by denying a basic right. I don't beleve you guys!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Just taking a poll; We don't want to censor anything...but sometimes a discussion turns south and gets a little ugly between two people and maybe they should take it off line. But if everybody is ok with the way this is going that's fine with me and I'm sure it's fine with Bill and Tom. But just like the football topics we want to keep things pretty balenced.

Your vote is duly noted.

I'd have to say by the (small) response to the question..the membership is in general ok with deleting the topic and moving on.

Terry

[This message has been edited by Terry O'Keefe (edited 09-14-2001).]

8. Guest

Guest Guest

One other way, is that ...if we have all had our say just let the topic die for lack of response and it will drift quickly out of the 1st page ...out of sight out of mind.

Terry

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey........

just so everyone knows... I did try to delete the topic because I could see that it was not going to be received well by some and I certainly did not want to stir the pot in that direction..

HOWEVER, it told me that only FORUM LEADERS could delete the topic...

10. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

I don't believe it should be deleted. Those of you that don't want to see the topic discussed further then don't comment on it. Actually I saw more legitimate differences of opinion there than many sports topics we have had before. It is a topic that I would expect a difference of opinion and I have refrained from stating my thoughts on the subject. However at this time I don't see deleting the topic.

Corey, I am sure you are right that you can't delete a topic because you started it, however I am not sure as far as a post goes. I think you can delete one of your posts.

No matter one of the moderators can delete the topic if we need to. I hope it won't be necessary and that we can respect each others opinion and understand that in times like this we may have some very emotional responses.

Just my humble opinion.

Bill

11. BUGEATER

BUGEATER New Member

Well, Hell.

Jeffers is right, of course. But let's not get to fussin' amongst ourselves on this one, just now. I'm all for just lettin' the topic die out. Then after Dub-ya opens a can a whoopass on the bad guys, pick it up again . . . .

jb

12. Gator Bill

jb, [​IMG]

Bill

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't believe in deleting political subjects. Every American has a right to vent, BUT please note:
    I think the only person here with a degree in Political Science is me. The only person here who has run a political campaign is me...and

I'm not participating in the debate. I just want to support the President, like the Senate did today; 98-0 with two idiots stuck in traffic.

AJ and his lads could use a little support too. [ahooooogaaaa!]

Today my grand-daughter's elementary school had a penny drive for the victims in NYC. I had her take in the old plastic Coke bottle piggy bank, that had been collecting pennies for years. She reports that it contained $32.00, some worthless Canadian coins and a rare penny that her teacher bought from her, for her coin collection.

Forget the political stuff. There's another election next year and if yer all good boys and girls, I'll tell you some Gay Davis stories. He's got a warchest bigger than Bush and Gore combined thanks to the energy companies in Houston that he always attacks...

...JO'Co

14. BUGEATER

BUGEATER New Member

Wow.

Poli Sci? I had you figgered for History all the way. Tell me: History Minor, right?
    But then the two disciplines are anything but mutually exclusive.

Here's one:

Guess my major discipline--you guys have tolerated my gibberish for years on ears (yes that's what it says, 'ears.')

Two bucks to the first guy to get it right.

jb

(Yes, I know I'm settin' myself up [​IMG] But you don't get the two bucks unless you're nice. Besides, I might get killed Thursday.)

15. Gator Bill

Rocket Scientist. [​IMG]

Bill

16. Guest

Guest Guest

........BIOCHEMISTRY?

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes. History minor.

I know it gets lonely out there on the Great Plains. Give us a hint. You didn't do anything with sheep, did you?

18. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Liberal Arts

------------------
    Tennessee Tom McCord
    Go Vols! '98 National Champions!!!<B>
    It's Football Time in Tennessee!!!</B>
    tbmccord@austin.rr.com

19. wildhokie

wildhokie New Member

keep the topic..sorry terry..leave it to me for not letting it die..read that topic before i read this one..wild