March Madness Talk

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Geez Louise!
    The Vols are stroking it tonight. Add in some incredible play around the basket and it equals a very surprising lead.

Can they keep it up? You've gotta believe they will miss a few eventually...

2. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting....they are playing lights out. I'm afraid the Buckeyes are gonna have to come out on fire, ratchet up the defensive intensity and hope that the Vols cool off. If not......ugh.

Congrats to Coach Pearl and the Tennessee kids on a great first half.

3. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

As good as Tennessee was in the first half, OSU is in the first of the second half. OSU has cut it to a 7 point lead for Tennessee and I must leave for work. I guess that is what Tivo is for.

Note to self: 15:43 on the game clock and 2:07:00 into the recording

4. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

Wow......again, it came down to the last shot. Again, we were fortunate enough to survive. Great heart by the Buckeye kids after a red hot Vol team ran us out of the gym in the first half. The halves were mirror images of one another....UT owned the first half, we owned the second....plus one free throw and a big block at the buzzer.

Our kids could have folded after the first half, the Vol kids could have packed it in after we closed the gap. Both teams battled back and set up a great finish with some big 3's....the Lofton kid can shoot it, with a hand in his face from mid-court....what a great player he is. Congrats to the Vol kids on a great game.

The Buckeyes have been very fortunate to escape two great efforts by two fine teams thus far in the tourney....I'm ready for an easy one and I'm damn glad we don't have to face the Scott's Aggies in the AggieDome!

5. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Buckeye Terry,

Just posted on the Sweet Sixteen thread. I must admit I was pretty discouraged at the end of the first 20 minutes.

It seemed everyone stepped up in the second half. It was great to see people like Twig, Hunter and Lighty make some nice contributions.

We won the game at the foul line and Greg sure looked like a big bird on that last block.

Time to hit the sack.

Don

6. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

I just saw that we lost by one point. Congrats to OSU. I can't comment on the final 15 minutes until I get home to watch it on Tivo.