LSWho @ Tennessee

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Tennessee Tom, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

What refs do you trust?

Any at all?

Florida should just give up and quit football. It's just too hard to beat the other team and the refs EVERY FLIPPING GAME! :roll:

2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Never seem to have trouble on a regualr basis with SEC refs in Gainesville or in Jacksonville for that matter.

Bowl game refs from other conferences have usually been pretty decent.

I don't remember many bad refs at LSU but definitely at Auburn and Tenn over the years.

ACC refs in Tallahassee is asking for trouble.

3. Motorcity Gator

It's easy for you to knock me on this Tom but as I pointed out it was not I that wrote such a strong article on the subject of bad officiating and it's ramifications on the players and fans and the author of that article numbers among many writers and commentators who are compelled to make simialr statements.

Heck when I was watching the Ga-Fla game Gary Danielson made strong statements about Al Ford the Aub replay ref making Urban Meyer use his last time out to have the Leak "fumble" reviewed. You either don't watch much football or you just cover your ears when such topics are brought up.

Apparently you also don't peruse sports content online or you just skip over these kinds of articles becasue they go against your opinions.

I suspect the latter.

4. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

He's hopeless, Tom. When he realizes he can't win the argument he resorts to personal attacks. In the past few days he's done that with me, Stu, and now you. I just chuckle at his transparency.

5. Motorcity Gator

I may have personalized it but it's not much of an attacck if any.

Too often the points I make fall on deaf ears it seems. I am trying to illustrate the broad media and fan perception of the bad ref situation as something in college football that many do not accept as just and fair.

I mention Gary Danielson's Aub-Fla comment about Al Ford's egregious officiating on CBS during a game two weeks after Auburn-Florida was played and wham...it zips over everyone's head like it was MCG who made the comment.

That kind of B/S I get tired of.

6. Motorcity Gator

"11/9/06 7:46pm
    Reply Spurrier on radio
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Will be getting fined from the SEC offices i'm sure after he just let loose on SEC officiating.. Basicly claiming some of the guys hang out at bars and drink beers after games talking about screwing over certain teams during a game.. said that he is pushing the sec offices to select officials from other conferences to ref sec games.. said that there is bias when it comes to sec officiating.

This was from a Florida message board posted today......no...uh...you caught me...cough...cough.....actually I made it up just like every time I post what others around the country are supposedly saying about bad refs....yeah....that's it......that's the ticket..... :roll: :roll:

7. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Uh....Do you think there's a message there for you?

Or does the message fall on your deaf ears?

8. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Wow if Spurrier really said that, he is going to get fined and maybe even suspended from the sidelines for a game at least. True or not those are not the things you want to say to reporters. Not to mention that I doubt he gets any calls from SEC refs the rest of the year after essentially calling them a bunch of good ole boy crooks.

Terry

ps. hey Dave you don't irritate me!! :) I enjoy the reparte' :)

9. Motorcity Gator

Terry, it's hard to believe Spurrier really said that. I actually kind of doubt it but it does illustrate the mindset of some Florida fans.

"I mention Gary Danielson's Aub-Fla comment about Al Ford's egregious officiating on CBS during a game two weeks after Auburn-Florida was played and wham...it zips over everyone's head like it was MCG who made the comment."

Sid? Hello...HELLO.....You there?