Looks like Michigan will get shafted

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by AJNJ, Dec 3, 2006.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think that LSU was consedered a more attractive team than Ark. and would have been invited over Ark. The only way that the Hogs could have made it to a BCS bowl was to win the Championship game. At least it gave them a shot.

2. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Stu, didn't the Big 10 try to bring in Notre Dame and have the intention of going to a championship game if they had come into the conference?

3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Bill, yes ND was offered the 12th position in the Big 10 and had we accepted the B10 would have split into 2 Divisions just like the SEC/ACC and the B12 and had a championship game.

Terry

4. GaterzFan

GaterzFan New Member

Stu

The point remains ..... that Arkansas was eliminated from a BCS spot because it lost the SECCG. Teams like UMich and ND ... and LSU .... get into the BCS to a large degree because they do not play a conference title game. Had any of those three played in a 2006 conference title game and lost ..... they'd most likely not be in a BCS bowl. Same would be true for Florida ... had it lost on Sat ... it would not be in a BCS game.

5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Look, only 2 teams from a conferece can go to a BCS bowl. The SEC has their 2 and one is left out. What' s the difference? LSU just proves that you don't have to win your conference or you division to go to a BCS in one of these conferences with a championship game. You sold out for the money. Live with it.

6. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Hey gipper, we will take the money and live with it!

I have no problem with LSU going instead of Arkansas. They beat Arkansas and ended the regular season with a better record.

And I think Notre Dame is the one that has to live with that decision anyway, you're the one who has to play them.