Justice Ginsberg, RIP

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Terry O'Keefe, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Funny the ones I see all the time around here with gun racks filled in their pick up trucks and Trump Flags flying are the ones I worry about. And those are the ones he incites and invites to violence with his rhetoric.
    Like the misguided mentally unfit yet murderous kid in Kenosha.

And Trump's can't lose strategy is transparent..... made even more possible if he gets another Supreme Court justice in RBG's seat.
    He wins.... he wins. He loses....he never concedes.... never officially acknowledges the results which he has already way ahead of time de-legitimized and decertified..... without proof or verification of truth which he has never been bound by with regard to anything he says or does.

And he has a lemming like following willing to believe him at all costs.... costs to human life and to American Democracy.

"President Donald Trump's refusal on Wednesday to guarantee a peaceful transfer of power if he loses to Joe Biden in November is leading America towards a dark place during a year of incendiary political tensions.
    Trump's intransigence, included in his latest assault on perfectly legitimate mail-in ballots on Wednesday, posed a grave threat to the democratic continuum that has underpinned nearly 250 years of republican government.
    "Well, we're going to have to see what happens. You know that I've been complaining very strongly about the ballots and the ballots are a disaster," Trump said, when asked if he could commit to the peaceful transition."

He has already completely assigned a false judgement on the mail in ballots. It is disturbing that we have this asshole autocrat who is threatening to seize power rather than be duly elected as our constitution and democracy has successfully promoted for 250 years.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  2. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Oh bullcrap. As to the murderous kid in Kenosha, here is the other side of the story...yeah it's put together by conservatives...but you won't get both sides or a fair shake from the media or the left. Oh, and guess who else were carrying guns...

3. Motorcity Gator

Stu that's the problem we face and the way Trump has gaslighted his base it seems insurmountable. For conservatives there is always the spin..... the counter argument.... no matter how wrong or damaging it may be.

There is NOTHING that is right about this 17 year old deranged kid grabbing his rifle and heading 25 miles from his home to a hot spot where he murders someone. Nothing to spin there..... zero.

If 5000 people are killed in future rioting and shootings over a Trump seizure of the White House do you think for a moment that every Trump conservative hasn't already in his or her mind justified those killings?

4. Stu Ryckman

What ********. You believe what you want. I don’t believe a 17 yr old kid should be walking around with an AR-15. I don’t believe any of that **** going down should happen except for the right of people to defend their property. I also believe that the search for the truth of what happened is critical rather than trying to bend it to fit all your adjectives. You call trying to seek truth “spin”. Did you even watch the video?

5. Motorcity Gator

I will watch it Stu.... but you know that if you defend yourself by shooting and killing a bank cop who was aiming his gun and trying to kill you while you are robbing the bank then you are guilty of murder....

Our nation sits on a powder keg of violence waiting to explode in November precisely because we have a whole voting base who believes there is justification for regular citizens to grab their rifles and murder those with whom they disagree.

6. Stu Ryckman

Irrelevant.

7. Motorcity Gator

If it was your son headed out the door to a flashpoint of violence 25 miles away with his rifle in hand would you just wish him luck?

8. Stu Ryckman

Of course not. BTW the kid had a job in Kenosha. I think I read he just stayed there after work. He is guilty of underage possession.

9. Motorcity Gator

I haven't read anything about his having a job there.... going to a job.... etc. etc.
    But I have seen this pic of him on his way to mayhem and murder:
    [​IMG]

10. Stu Ryckman

Sigh. Watch the video.

11. Stu Ryckman

12. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Stu, re Ritehouse, the rifle was not transported by him to Wisconsin. My understanding is that a business owner who had 2 of his three Kenosha burned down requested he come to provide protection for his remaining building and the kid was supplied the rifle when he arrived.

Wisconsin is an open carry state and its gun laws are awkwardly drafted so I have seen arguments on both sides re the issue if he were lawfully in possession or not. If the possession were illegal, the statute re self defense would not bar him from raising this defense.

The video certainly indicates that a viable SD claim re the 2nd and 3rd shootings of individuals who were previously convicted of felonies. I have not seen any video re the 1st shooting of the previously convicted sexual assault felon that clearly depicts what happened.

I totally agree with you that I do not want to see a friggen 17 year old kid walking around with an AR 15 in the middle of a riot and your point that when police cannot prevent rioters from looting stores and burning down businesses and residences and with people’s emotions running fever hot, pretty foreseeable a violet counter response to the arsonists and looters will occur. If Gov Evers had promptly deployed an adequate number of NG once the violence started, suspect that things would not have spun so out of control.

13. Motorcity Gator

Trying to grasp why a car dealership owner would call up two 17 year olds to grab rifles and come 25 miles from their homes to protect his business...... and they don't even work for him.

14. Motorcity Gator

I firmly believe that Donald Trump has some kind of prosecutable skeleton in his closet of skeletons and that is the reason he is more than lusting about getting re-elected and even has inferred that he wants three terms in the white house.
    A sitting president cannot be prosecuted but one ousted from office surely can.

"what Trump is doing is creating the perfect excuse to never concede: He is saying that the vote will be fair and he will agree to a peaceful transition of power if there are no mail-in votes. Which he knows literally cannot happen. And so, if he loses, he already has his fallback plan in place: The acceptance of mail-in ballots means the entire election was a hoax and a fraud. And why should he admit he lost an election that was rigged against him?
    In his comments on Wednesday night, Trump did more than just reject the idea of a peaceful transition of power. He said that he will not accept the election unless he wins or unless an impossibility -- the rejection of all mail-in ballots -- is carried out.
    If you don't think that's a uniquely dangerous position to hold for the continued strength of our democracy, well, you're just not paying attention."

15. Stu Ryckman

Keep fighting the straw man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I can only speak for myself, but the election needs to be fair, and I do think there will be problems with the mail in votes because we've never done this on such a large scale. In all elections the loser if he/she feels that there have been problems then there are remedies. All around the country we have elections that go to a recount, there have been elections were there initial winner by a narrow margin loses in the recount.

In the 2000 election Al Gore didn't accept the result, he challenged it and fought to get the Fla vote over turned. The Supreme Court at that time was dominated by liberal judges, they finally told him to basically go home you lost, stop with the recounts.

I hope the election has a clear winner, if there are questions like in Fla 2000 they have to be answered as best as possible. But at some point a winner has to be declared. I would not support some dragged out suit or refusal to vacate the office. If Trump loses and it's close and there are questions like there were in Fla then fair is fair, but not dragged out 6 months. If Trump, and I can't believe even he would do this, refuses to leave the White House and claims he's still the President after Jan 21st then he needs to be evicted. I don't believe his Secret Service people would form some sort of Palace Guard, and resist attempts to remove him, I don't think the Army, Navy, Marines,etc would stand behind him. But the Democrats are making a lot of hay out of trying to scare the American People that we will have the equivalent of a Coup in South America if Trump loses.

Do like the 2000 election, and have it done before Jan, preferably sooner.

from Wiki...

[​IMG]
    supporters for the Gore-Lieberman ticket outside the U.S. Supreme Court

On December 12, the Supreme Court ruled in a per curiam decision (asserted as a 7–2 vote) that the Florida Supreme Court's ruling requiring a statewide recount of ballots was unconstitutional on equal protection grounds, and in a 5–4 vote reversed and remanded the case to the Florida Supreme Court for modification prior to the optional "safe harbor" deadline, which the Supreme Court argued that Florida court had said the state intended to meet. With only two hours remaining until the December 12 deadline, the Supreme Court's order effectively ended the recount, and the previously certified total held.

17. Stu Ryckman

The question should be asked of Biden, not Trump. Only the Dems have refused to accept past elections. And how about ol’ Hillary telling Biden not to concede...ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stu Ryckman

The last Dem to concede on election night was Michel Dukakis 32 years ago.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Motorcity Gator

Gore did concede without a recount being completed..... and peacefully at that.

No one expects that Trump and his base will go quietly even though he loses the popular vote..... unlike Gore in 2000 who won the popular vote. And Trump is questioning the entire process..... not just a strange count of votes in Broward county Florida in a state that by a slim whisker pushed Gore out and Bush in with it's electoral votes.
    You can imagine the chaos if Trump were to lose in such a manner as did Gore in 2000..... all hell would break loose.

20. Stu Ryckman

Hillary to Biden; "Don't concede ever."

• Winner Winner x 1