Joe Biden

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by WSU1996kesley, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

If a US citizen breaks the law and is placed in jail/detention they are de facto separated from their children. Yes it can be traumatic to the children.

I think the thing was perhaps ill conceived...but there is so much demonization and so little information. Where were the kids "placed"? I thought it was mostly with relatives. If so, why is it so hard to "find" them and reunite them.

So many dog whistles from both sides...is this just one from the left?

No blame for the organizers of these stupid caravans? Who take it upon themselves to put these children in harm's way traveling hundreds to thousands of miles.

Are they really mixing in drug and human trafficking to a large degree or are those mostly right wing dog whistles?

I dunno...but much of the responsibility for this farce rests upon the organizers, the coyotes, and the parents themselves...I think we should be working to try to reunite these families (those that truly wish to be reunited) back in their home countries...but settlements...nah...you decided to do this illegal act on your own. You broke our laws. You endangered your own children.

Again, I don't know but suspect that a lot of children came across without their parents...and also suspect that a lot of parents want their children to stay in the US for a better life and aren't actively seeking the reunification.

I have so many unanswered questions about all of this...and how do you humanely stop a 60,000 person "caravan" that has already overwhelmed a sizable police presence in Mexico by truly becoming a mob.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Everything Stu said, ditto.
    As gip said... take it court.
    I know I can't sue the Feds and have a chance at winning.

3. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Another point to be made is that as one old attorney once told me, "for $50 any asshole can file a lawsuit" the only difference with these suits is that today it's $350. Anyone see a pattern here? The Obama administration settles cases brought by black farmers against the US for millions, the Obama administration sends millions to Iran because Iran claimed that monies were wrongfully withheld, the Biden administration pays 88 million in suit brought our of the Roof shooting in Charleston, Biden administration pays Andy McCabe over half a million and his full pension and benefits to "settle" his suit. (Compare McCabe to Mike Flynn who both were "not candid" with the FBI.) And now the suit by illegals....nice to see that the Trial Lawyers who always contribute heavily to Democratic presidential campaigns gets paid back by US taxpayers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

This week's Biden outrage is where he is spending Thanksgiving.

Give me a break what President in our lifetimes doesn't go somewhere high end. They don't go to the Salvation Army soup kitchen.
    Trump went to Mar-a-Largo, a beautiful estate in Palm Beach.

Obama went to his rich friends or somewhere cool, so did Clinton and Bush.

My point is that if we are down to criticizing Presidents for where they celebrate holidays.. It's nuts

5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Bush just went home to his ranch in Texas. Likewise Trump went to his own place. Obama never went to Chicago, Clinton never went to Little Rock and Joe ain't going home to Delaware to spend time with his family....that's for Republicans. The Dems would rather mooch off some billionaire.
    That being said, I agree that that's petty compared to what they're doing to the country. They're now blaming "middle men" in the gas supply chain. I guess no one bought the OPEC crap. The fact is, Biden stopped drilling on federal lands which reduced our domestic production to the point that we need to import oil which increased the price. That prick blames everyone but the real culprit, him.
    The senseless symbolism of this administration is incredible. He screws up our withdrawal from Afghanistan just so it could be done by Sept. 11. He closes down the Keystone pipeline and ends domestic drilling to undo what Trump did and appease the climate nuts. He chooses a running mate and appoints a cabinet not on ability but on racial and gender grounds. And then there's the border.
    Do I give a flying leap as to where he's spending Thanksgiving? No. I just hope he never comes back.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  6. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Gipper, I hesitate to say this on a blessed holiday, but...(pause for affect)....

LET'S GO BRANDON!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

No lights are on upstairs:

8. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

9. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

Is that real? Skeptical...

10. WSU1996kesley

Oh dear God, it is on the transcript, please tell me that isn't real...

11. Stu Ryckman

It's nice to see Bob Dole being recognized for the patriot that he was...and lauded by the press and the Democrats.

But my muddled recollection seems to recall them brutally and unfairly trashing the man when he was running for President.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I agree with the first part of Stu's post. Given the "normal" way campaigns seem to go, and also having a muddled recollection, I also have to agree with the second part of his post.

Regarding the Biden eulogy, I don't want to engage, but I want to mention how I saw his "EOM" comment. I saw it as intentional, not unlike when, at a policeman's funeral, the radio operator says, "End of watch". I saw it as an indication that this message should be the way we view Dole's legacy. I understand how and why my friends here saw it as they did. I'm just providing a different perspective.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Stu Ryckman

Yeah...I thought it a little strange but not a teleprompter muff.

14. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Re Dole. My dad, who worked as a fireman his adult life, served in WW2 as a Marine and was awarded a Purple Heart after being wounded at Okinawa at 19 and carried with him the rest of his life a code of conduct of how to live his life based on his experiences in war. During the 96 campaign, I assumed he would never ever vote for Clinton. During a visit home, I mentioned I was a strong Dole supporter and his response was to yell at me for voting for a man who was going to take away his and mom’s social security and leave them out in the street. I knew then that the election was over as it was pretty clear that the Democrats election messaging to scare monger seniors was too diabolically cleaver if they were able to a convince my Dad, a man who would have been quite comfortable living under a 16th Century code of honor and punishment for those violated those codes, to vote against a man whose WW2 service bore soma similarities with my Dad’s. Dad later changed his tune on Clinton after the Lewinsky scandal broke although I now forget if he wanted Bill impeached and then drawn and quartered or visa versa.

Sid your interpretation of Biden’s speech in a fair one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. WSU1996kesley

Thank you Sid, I was looking for a way out of my bias and you provided a viable alternate view. Thank you.

16. WSU1996kesley

Bobda, unfortunately the tricks that have proven so effective in dirty politics don't have to be true, or even humane. All they have to do is provide cover/distraction/effectiveness long enough for the votes to be collected. After that, it doesn't matter what vile information comes to light, the die is cast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Haha! Glad I could help, Kes.

Bobda, thanks for the story of your dad. He is, in my opinion, a great man to whom we owe much gratitude for his bravery. I'm happy for you that you have those memories of him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Just paid $2.12 for a bag of my brand of Penne Pasta. A year ago I gave $ 1.36. There were signs in a lot of the isles posted that said due to "Supplier issues..." Stand by folks.

Just curious....how long before we snap? Hope our leadership is ready for it, but (a) there's no leadership, (b) and they are lost, and have no idea how to run this country. Say what you will, but we were, safer, richer, and less worry free not long ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

BTW, a Big SEMPER FIDELIS to your pops Bobda. Hand Salute. For those that haven't read about the battle of Okinawa, you should.

• Like Like x 3
  20. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Now that his "maternity" leave is over, I'm sure our Secy. of Transportation will solve the supply chain problem. Just because he couldn't fix potholes when mayor of South Bend doesn't mean he doesn't have the sexual preference necessary to quickly fix the problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1