Jif, Franchise idea needs your thoughts...

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Tailback, Feb 19, 2006.

1. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member

George..an owner/operator who runs a tight ship could pull 15 to 20 % out for himself. In the case of TB.. he could have 2 managers and he could float between the two stores. That would probably reduce his cut to 12% per store. jif

2. Tailback

Tailback Guest

Jif, I've visited his 2 stores. They're actually not officially for sale. I asked him if he had thought about selling them and he said no, but if the price was right, sure he may be interested. I really doubt anything will become of it. Him and his brother own 4 stores together. 2 in Georgia and 2 in Florida. He took my # and told me he would talk with his brother and give me a call back to let me know if they would be interested in selling.

George, I'm just guessing each store net profits him 100K. I really don't know for sure.

3. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member

Ahhh TB! Thats another ballgame. I thought they were for sale. Forget it! When you make the first move..the ( potential) seller is sitting pretty. Have you approached the area franchisee for Subway about buying a store? jif

4. Tailback

Tailback Guest

Jif, Subways have the area covered.

5. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member

http://smallbusiness.aol.com/start/franchise/article?id=20060309154709990001

Tailback...read the above. Also look at the excellent info in the various links. jif