In their own words

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by WSU1996kesley, Jun 17, 2020.

1. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't understand how they can accurately deduce which race's ballots are more often rejected. I posted that article to show the hypocrisy of painting Trump as wildly conspiracist by claiming that there are problems with widespread (universal?) mail-in balloting when several Left-biased "news" organizations are claiming the same. The only difference is they typically are calling mail-in ballots racist.

The main objection from Trump as I understand it is that universally sending EVERY name on a state's voter rolls is ripe for fraud. There have been lawsuits for years to force states to correct their voter rolls (by removing those who have died, moved, etc.). When individuals REQUEST a mail-in/absentee ballot, they will then be expecting one to come in the mail and be looking for it. There is an inherent self-correction available if it is stolen, mis-delivered, or lost because they are more likely to report that it never arrived.

Although the ballots don't identify your affiliation, it is rather easy to identify which neighborhoods lean one way or the other. Is there verification that ballots from everyone in a strongly-leaning neighborhood/district had their ballots delivered? And counted?

There have been numerous elections where votes were harvested during the election, and even "found" during a recount. It is not inconceivable that large scale (or universal) mail-in votes would greatly exacerbate those issues. And that is even before you start to consider just how hated one side is by the other. Is it inconceivable that a deranged Trump hater that views Trump as the worst evil this country has ever seen would "lose" ballots from a neighborhood that typically votes 99% Republican?

To put a highlight on this, imagine all of us Skyboxers filled in a mail-in ballot. Would you be comfortable handing all of those ballots to Dave and trust he would deliver them to be counted? This is the same concern that has been in place with nursing homes and living-assisted elderly for years. How do we protect the votes of everyone when someone is in between the actual marking of the vote and the counting of the vote?

This concern is not some whacky conspiracy theory. This is a large part of what the founders of our country were protecting against when defining secret, individual, in-person balloting. The realities of the day are beyond what could have been imagined 250 years ago, but that doesn't mean the concerns are no longer valid.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

In Ohio you have to request the ballot. Everybody and their uncle are sending out ballot request forms...I got them from the local board of elections (everyone does)...and we even got sent ballot request forms from the Trump campaign. Go figure!

It seems pretty secure...Double envelopes and all that. We voted absentee from Florida last spring in the primary...but you have to be careful to dot all the i's and cross all the t's...and they WILL rule on the signature match comparing the outside envelope to your original ballot request. (I think that's a big court issue in one state...don't remember where). In Ohio the only issue right now seems to be that the larger counties want more than one secure drop off box (for mail in ballots) per county.

I AM concerned about all the blank ballots floating around in other states and the possible fights over what ones are legit and what ones may not be.

I plan on voting in person but early. Doesn't start until Oct. 6 in Ohio.

3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

4. WSU1996kesley

T, that is a scary example of a direct change to the results of an election. Although a Democratic primary election, Brown would not have advanced beyond the primary without that ballot fraud.

Why is it we have to listen to the "news" disparage Trump as idiotic and racist for several months until the education level of those on the Left rises enough to catch up to the information Trump already had? And then, crickets, never widespread correction and admission.

How many hoaxes perpetrated by the Left will it take before the deranged realize how harmful ALL sources of "news" are to the fabric of this country when they pick a side?

5. WSU1996kesley

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

You have to request a mail-in ballot as a registered voter in all but 9 states I think it was and in those 9 they only send them out unsolicited to registered voters.
    For Christ's sakes I get so sick of Trump and his press minions being more knowledgeable and having more expertise than almost every damn expert we have ever had in his 4 miserable years in office:

"White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows spent the morning going after FBI Director Wray and his comments that there is no evidence of coordinated voter fraud, saying on CBS “perhaps he needs to get involved on the ground and he would change his testimony on Capitol Hill.’

To be clear: As CNN's teams have fact checked repeatedly, there is no evidence of widespread voter fraud in the U.S.

Meadows then told reporters on the north lawn that he “couldn’t speak” as to whether Trump has confidence in Director Wray."

WTF is wrong with this country that so many millions have been so bamboozled and roped in to this asshole's cult? It both sickens me and terrifies me at the same time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. WSU1996kesley

Letter to Luzerne County Bureau of Elections

8. Motorcity Gator

From the NY Times:

Election experts said the announcement was highly irregular. Justice Department policy calls for keeping voter fraud investigations under wraps to avoid affecting the election outcome, and the experts said it was almost unheard-of for the department to provide an update on the case and disclose the name of the candidate for whom the ballots had been cast.

“The question of who voters voted for would be immaterial in any kind of tampering investigation, and it seems to be in there for political reasons, to bolster the president’s arguments that the election is being rigged against him,” said Richard L. Hasen, a professor of law at the University of California, Irvine.

9. Motorcity Gator

So WSU what do you think? Should we just not have an election now or in the future and maybe keep a Trump in office for decades ( DJT Jr. could take over ) because we cannot allow mail in ballots because the Republican candidate ( one of the Trumps ) will refuse to accept the results if they lose?
    Is this the beginning of the Trump monarchy? King Trump and his heirs? The end of American Democracy and the U.S. Constitution?

What would be your answer?

10. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Perhaps the law professor from Irvine doesn't get that if ballots are tampered with and they're all for the same candidate, that might indicate that the person doing the tampering might be doing so for a political reason. Once again if it points to undoing by the left it's not "criminal" it's "political" and for some reason doesn't count. ********

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Motorcity Gator

So Gipper.... what do you say.... one vote for the Trump Monarchy?

I don't see things being any different in 2024...... there will still be plenty of people voting by mail-in ballots. And the Republican candidate ( either Trump or Trump Jr. ) will decry that they are a scam.... it's rigged etc. etc. and we will have more of the Trump monarchy remain in power. Especially with a GOP Senate running scared of Trump and a Supreme Court controlled by Trump and a crazy violent base willing to shoot people for Trump.

12. Terry O'Keefe

Here is Biden's take on Trump and the election. I guess Dave thinks he's an idiot, but will vote for him anyway.

"I just think the people in the country are going to be heard on Nov. 3," Biden said. "Every vote in this country is going to be heard and they will not be stopped. I'm confident that all of the irresponsible, outrageous attacks on voting, we'll have an election in this country as we always have had, and he'll leave."

13. Motorcity Gator

I could believe him except that's not what Trump and his press people keep saying over and over and over.
    Massive election fraud like this one in Pa. is such a nationwide problem:
    "Local officials in Pennsylvania on Friday provided more information about nine potentially mishandled ballots in Luzerne County, which the White House repeatedly cited to attack mail-in voting and question the integrity of November's election.
    In a statement, county officials said the issue regarding nine military ballots was caused by a "temporary seasonal independent contractor" who "incorrectly discarded (the ballots) into the office trash" within their first three days of work helping the elections office. On the third day, Luzerne County Elections Director Shelby Watchilla realized what had happened and opened an investigation, and the contractor "was removed from service and informed not to return."

So Trump never leaves the White House throne...... "Long Live the King"!!!!

14. Terry O'Keefe

So you believe Trump more than you believe Biden. That is weird.

Are you going to bother to vote this time?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Motorcity Gator

I believe Trump has decided to take the path of not accepting the election results and that is his twisted strategy to retain the White House even though he loses.

So we're all ok as long as we accept the fact we no longer have a democracy in America after 250 years of constitutional guidance. We now will be ruled by the Trump monarchy.

His Grace will be our leader for as long as he wants.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  16. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I believe that Trump suspects, and with good reason that this election is potentially the most corrupt in our history. Absentee ballots are sent to those that request them, but we're hearing case after case of ballots sent out indiscriminately, to every known voter even if they've long moved from the state or died. The opportunity to "stuff" the ballot box is real. Now the media are feeding new manure to there gullible moronic followers that if Trump dares to question the validity of this election then he's "refusing to leave." We saw in the last election 3 Republican house candidates win on election day only to lose the election days later when Democrats showed up with enough harvested votes to swing the election. If you dishonest leftist pull any **** on election day he's going to fight, why shouldn't he. And as a side note didn't Hillary tell Biden "never concede." That sure as hell doesn't sound like someone who is going to accept the election results.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Agree gipper, however the corrupt Dim's will no doubt attempt to pull it off.

18. Motorcity Gator

Absentee ballots are sent to those that request them, yes that's true if you are a registered voter in 41 states you have to request a mail in ballot. the other 9 states end them out to only registered voters.
    No one including the USPS and the FBI says the election mail in ballots are rigged.... sabotaged whatever so that is complete ********.
    I called Pinellas county elections to request my mail in ballot and she checked the records to see if I was a registered voter and said that I was already on record as requesting a mail in ballot because I requested one for a primary vote back in August. In other words there was a system in place to give me one and only one mail-in ballot.

So for those that wish to believe the blatant lies of King Donald..... then revel in the fact that you don't give a **** what he does to tear down our democracy and embrace his monarchy.... which may never have an end in sight.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

You get more humorous as time goes by MCG.

Probably not on purpose, but none the less more humorous.

20. Motorcity Gator

Summing up King Donald of late:
    "But in the lead up to his nomination announcement, Trump has only managed to create more anxiety. His refusal to commit to a peaceful transfer of power raised the specter that America will be transformed into a "banana republic" in November if Democratic nominee Joe Biden wins. The President contradicted his own FBI director by arguing that the election is rife with fraud and rigged against him, even though there is no evidence to support that conspiracy theory.
    Trump also continued his war on science by undercutting his own medical advisers on the timeline for a vaccine and by suggesting that officials at the Food and Drug Administration might have political motivations if they take additional time to evaluate the safety of a vaccine. (The FDA declined comment on the President's statement, but FDA Commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn has said the "FDA will not authorize or approve a vaccine that we would not feel comfortable giving to our families.")

I don't see too much that's funny about King Donald's recent shenanigans and his incessant attempt to discredit legitimate election results.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020