IN THE HEART OF TEXAS TO BOOT

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN, Feb 10, 2021.

1. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

Lol, hey

lmao at bow tie...... Ford owner, got a sweet Colorado with the baby Cummings that gets 34 mpg but the most respect goes to the Nissan Frontier that laughs at the competition including Toyota.

Haven’t spied the nasty ass pythons yet, unfortunately as I’m seeing iguanas I’m assuming the pythons are here as well. Heck they recently caught a 13 foot long python specimen 40 miles north of me a few weeks ago. Tomorrow I turn in the paperwork to get notarized on 72 alligator tags. The market and eggs in general are **** but if we don’t do something to eliminate some of the cold blooded reptiles they will be walking down our main road. We just finished an audit with the State, we only have an estimated 10,000 alligators out here so the 72 number they gave us pretty much verifies we are dealing with the govt

• Like Like x 1
  2. RECcane

Not trying be cocky here gents, we use a lot of trucks averaging 50k miles a year on off road conditions. I dearly love Toyota’s and Nissans but they evidently are incapable at pulling a trailer home but dang they are dependable. The Fords have toughed it out over the Chevys (Chevrolet is great but the sensors will make you nuts) and if your into pulling a goose neck trailer the 3/4 ton Dodges are fantastic. I guess it’s all about what your needs are and how it performs for you....

3. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

FORD =
    Found On Roads Dead
    F'd Over Rebuilt Dodge
    Fix Or Repair Daily
    First On Race Day!
    FORD spelled Backwards =
    Driver Returns On Foot

GMC =
    Gotta Mechanic Coming

MOPAR =
    Made Of Parts A Rust

RAM =
    Rusts Always Man!

DODGE =
    Dead On Day Guarantee Expires

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. RECcane

I really wonder what the electric trucks will bring to a rough and tumble arena

5. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

For one thing, they don't have range. None of the electrics do.
    Until they can fully charge in the time it takes to fill up a tank, I see NO WAY to convince most of us this is the path we need to adopt RIGHT AWAY.

6. RECcane

You pretty much nailed it... The ability to recharge quickly really hasn’t been mentioned much. I have heard 300-500 miles is a reality according to Elon Musk. That being said the Musk company has been testing his electric semis in a remote area near us for weeks now. They do have some impressive acceleration

7. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

300 miles is probably achievable without running AC, or anything else like that.
    No way those semi's are pulling a 60-80k pound load anywhere near that far. I'm sure battery tech will advance, but battery powered long haul heavy trucks won't be here for a long time, if ever.

8. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Love my 3500 (non-dually) RAM. High output Cummins turbo diesel able to pull Joe Biden off of a 7 year old girl! ;);););););););););););););););););););););););););)

• Funny Funny x 3