Gipper?

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

President Donald Trump on Sunday morning widely shared a video he said is from the Villages, a retirement community in Florida, in which a man driving a golf cart with Trump campaign posters is seen chanting "white power."

Well he is driving a golf cart so I thought maybe.... :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Wow....Dave, just wow. Twice in my life I have spent time with Mr. Malloy, 18 holes at Camp Pendleton, and the Baseball game in K.C., which btw you didnt show for. My opinion of Mike is he's pro american, pro constitutionalist, and one of the smartest guys I've met on this board. I'm wearing a Tshirt right now that says "Make Communism Afraid Again". Its Democrat blue btw.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Motorcity Gator

Yeah AJ I know.... he's white, lives in The Villages and drives a golf cart but otherwise he's not a white supremacist I wouldn't think.... as obviously was true of the guy in Trump's tweet.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

You are leveling a serious, unfounded accusation, Dave. I think you need an extended timeout. You've lost your mind over this nonsense.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Re: Gipper

I thought he was Irish.

6. Motorcity Gator

It was a tongue in cheek comment George.... just circumstances that they had such a "parade" in The Village and Gipper happens to live there and would agree probably with everything it was about.... except the "white power" statements.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I miss a day or two an all of a sudden, I'm a topic? The Villages is a predominately conservative place. The folks here were educated decades ago when we learned about American History and government. Our parents lived through WWII and grew up during the depression. We were taught the value of work, love of country and the responsibility of world leadership. Over the past decades, education and media has become overtaken by those that believe in some form of world order that requires the destruction of the US as we know it. Like older generations before us we long for the "good old days." We admire the sacrifices the Founding Fathers made to form this country. We realize the terrible catastrophe the Civil War was because of slavery. We believe in police and law and order. We believe that equal opportunity exists in America. We believe that fathers who abandon their children shouldn't kneel during honoring of our flag and blame others for their lack of responsibility. Our politics comes from our life experiences.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Motorcity Gator

Well said Gipper.
    I grew up in an era when Walter Cronkite finished up every newscast with "And that's the way it is".... and for me as a teenager growing up that is the way it was. I didn't have to question the "spin" or the angle on everything that was reported in the news.
    Today it seems everything written in periodicals or monthlys or especially said on TV has hidden agendas and surprisingly to me too many times is not even truthful.
    I can't stand it actually.... and my sons all know most of it is ******** and that's not fair to them.... they develop a natural distrust of all those trying to influence them one way or another and don't know who is telling the truth about just about anything these days.
    That's why I try to stay moderate.... no one is completely right and no one is completely wrong.
    That said... to me if a group of people feel that it's their way or the highway..... that their viewpoint is the only correct one 110% of the time and nothing believed by other groups has any merit then that first group has the incorrect viewpoint in my opinion.
    And that's my viewpoint on Trump.... he is so divisive....he seems to feel that if he doesn't denigrate everyone but his base then he will lose that base and that his political success has been built solely on leading that base and not in leading the country as a whole.
    That is the reason he is so far behind in the polls and if he cannot change direction and try to broaden his base he will lose the November election in a landslide.

9. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

So Dave, I've seen the whole video. There was a peaceful golf cart rally in one of our squares and of course some liberal hag had to come out and heckle the folks as they drove by. And as the haters on the left do she called each one as they went by a racist. One guy decided to shove it back in her face and shook his fist yelling "white power." I'm sure that that one portion of the video went viral but it wasn't put in context. I'm so tired of folks of the left calling everyone who doesn't agree with them a racist. I'm sure this guy thought his response was more tasteful that calling her a "fuckin' old bitch asshole." But then he wouldn't have gone viral.

10. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

MAGA vs Grandmatifa

11. Motorcity Gator

Unfortunate circumstance and catching a loud retaliatory proclamation out of context it sounds like Gipper.
    That's a different vision than a old white guy riding down the street repeatedly yelling a racist slogan like that.