GET SOME FREQUENT FLYER MILEAGE WILL YA FLORIDA

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Tom,

The debate was centered 85% on UF's travel and was morphed by Corey/BT into the SEC/best conference/BCS-NC game worthy thingy.

All old debates reignited.

RE: UF's non-con travel - within the confines of the state might be accurate but "friendly" is not a good description of Bobby Bowden Field.

2. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

I quit talking about that crap a page or two ago. Carry on...

3. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

Is it football yet?
    [​IMG]

4. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

OK......how about friendly and/or familiar. Let the record show I stand
    corrected.....
    What a crock....hell, neither Corey or I appeared at all until several pages into the thread which was well after the attempted hijacking into a SOS red herring by your Gater pal.

C'mon man, get above the noise and confusion and get a glimpse beyond the illusion......carry on.

5. GaterzFan

GaterzFan New Member

And it was clearly evidenced that there is no reason for UF to change it's approach to scheduling as it ALREADY plays with the greatest degree of consistency in the FBS ..... the most difficult schedule in the FBS, particularly among those schools regularly competing for the BCS title. Further, evidence shows that it would be irrational for ANYONE to assert that UF should increase the difficulty of its schedule by dropping lower level non-BCS teams comp for FBS/BCS comp ...... and that NO reasonable, objective, rational college football fan would put forth such.

But some fans do??????????

In fact, evidence shows that the other teams seeking to compete for the BCS title NEED to improve the difficulty of their schedules. Since they aren't accomplishing such with their current philosophies, they are forced to change their approach. :D Yet ...those erroneously claiming UF needs to play on average a top-10 or even top-5 schedule every season ........ still ignore the relative inferiority of the schedule played by the school(s) for which they are "fans"????

Really .... lol....what?? I can't believe college football scheduling (or discussion thereof) doesn't/can't include consideration of "strength of schedule"? Really? that's just absurd .... and a bit of an irrational position, or an attempt to avoid by some the factual substance of the discussion which pretty much throws water on their profoundly subjective "flaming" posts.

:wink:

6. Motorcity Gator

Absolutely Gaterz.

In 2006 Michigan could have had their rematch with OSU if the Wolverine's schedule had been rated as tough as it needed to be.

What a rip-off that would have been for the nation's sports fans.

7. BuckeyeT

:roll: :roll: :roll:
    .....and there you have it. Nothing more need be said......

8. GaterzFan

GaterzFan New Member

LOL, yep, I didn't think you "would" say anything.

You won't say,

"Florida doesn't travel enough in my opinion but evidence shows that they play one of the toghest schedules in the FBS, probaly the toughest over the last decade."

"Florida doesn't travel as much as Notre Dame, but facts show they have a schedule that was on average in the top-5 in difficulty in 8 of the last 10 season, while ND doesn't seem to have made the top-20 in more than 3 of those same 10 seasons."

"Florida doesn't travel much but over the last 10 seasons, they did factually play a more difficult schedule than Ohio State on a more frequent basis. I recognize that Florida had 8 seasons with top-20 schedules and those 8 schedules averaged #4.6 while Ohio State could only post 4 top-20 schedules and those four schedules averaged a respectable ranking of 9.3 but that was lower than the average posted by Florida."

But, Buckeye-T .... that's okay ..... you don't really need to say or admit to the above ...... as it's self-evident to any college football fan who possesses basic cognitive skills sufficient for everyday survival. :D

Now ... toss out some more empty rhetoric, demeaning comments, and otherwise, flame away!! :wink: I'll continue to show you substantive evidential matter in support of why UF should not change it's approach to football scheduling.

9. BuckeyeT

I'm getting the sense that you've not yet come to grips with or have not yet prepared yourself adequately to embrace your heritage....obviously the thread has touched a sensitive nerve. I'll not perpetuate your agony, but if you insist on seeking gratification with continued self-flagellation, I'll not stand in your way.....carry on.

Can anybody tell me which door I take to "escape from the madness...."? :wink:

10. Motorcity Gator

On the contrary BT....Gator fans are embracing and rejoicing in our heritage.....the heritage of dominating our biggest rivals and winning championships. :wink: 8)

11. BuckeyeT

hehehe.....somewhere our Bama buddies are giggling silently exercising mature self-discipline and staying above the fray. Carry on....

12. Motorcity Gator

By their own definition they are not one of our "biggest rivals" and I have to agree with that assessment.

Nice of us to invite them to the Champions table don't you think?

...seeing as how we have two of the past four anyhow... :wink:

13. GaterzFan

GaterzFan New Member

8)

14. Tennessee Tom

Now you've gone and done it BT. You got the Amen corner fired up. :roll: [/quote]

15. BuckeyeT

It appears so Tom....whilst somewhere lurking are the Bama boys giggling in the quiet dignity, grace and self-confidence that true champs always bring to the table..... Thanks for your example fellas....

16. Motorcity Gator

Ah BT...taking shots from behind that teflon coat of armour. :roll:

17. GaterzFan

GaterzFan New Member

:wink:

18. Tennessee Tom

That is it in a nutshell. However, there are members like Bill, Wendy, and RoGator that follow that same example. It is not the Gators that are at fault here. It is a small group of Gators that make it difficult for the Gator fans that act like your description above that suffer from the acts of a few boisterous Gators.

19. BuckeyeT

Tom, I couldn't agree more and in fairness to them, I should have stated as such.....consider it so stated.

20. Motorcity Gator

Until he slipped into some revisions of the truth with regard to what I was specifically saying Bill did initially have this response:

"Corey, great to see you posting again.

Must be near kickoff with the annual SEC bashing. Here's Gator Bill's new approach.
    I could care less whether you like the Gator schedule or not
    I could care less whether you like the SEC or not.
    I do agree with the cycle thing as stated above
    While I would like the Gators to play some good teams from around the country it doesn't ruin my day that we don't.
    Year in and year out at the end of the season our schedule will be tougher than most.
    Finebum is still a jerk and I don't see much chance of that changing."