Gameday Credibility

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Actually LSU-NC was in Atlanta.

They were at two SEC sites televised by ABC...which is OK but it's really OK and in their favor that they are at a CBS game this Saturday.

They needed to do that in my opinion to rid the question of bias.

2. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

My God man.....do you never stop with the black helicopter conspiracy theory crap?????? Snap out of it man.....the secret world powers and influencers have not huddled and deemed it necessary that all worldly elements are to act contrary to your every interest....no matter what you say.

3. Motorcity Gator

BT...you miss the point.

Gameday should have a bias....it's a natural because they are owned by ABC.

I would expect no less.....and with all else being equal I would expect them to do an ABC game over a CBS game and I have no problem at all with that.

But...they do need to mix it up and cover a CBS game once a season at least to prove they haven't lost their ability to cover the entire landscape of college football. That is the point of my topic and with the coverage in Columbia next Sat. to me Gameday shows that they can still break out of the corporate umbrella and cover a top CBS game.

I applaud them for doing it and ABC for allowing it.

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

So covering 4 out of the first 6 weeks at SEC sites is not enough? I'd say there is a bias for sure and it's for SEC sites.

5. Motorcity Gator

Man....doesn't anyone read?

They had covered three games involving one SEC team in each prior to my topic post...all involving games to be televised by ABC and only two actually on an SEC site.

It would have been easy for Gameday to say that's enough....they did their SEC duty but....they are taking it a step further and covering a
    CBS game between two SEC teams in....which is one of the ways that they made their reutation as a show that covers college football on a national scale.

They have shown again that they can and will get outside of the company lines and cover a compelling game no matter who televises it.

6. BuckeyeT

Taken in isolation, there is always a point in your view. Taken in aggregate, the collective sense is that the powers that be are acting in concert in a manner contrary to your every interest.... sporting, economic, political, etc......and it just ain't right and that it's the fault of corporate chieftains and the power elite acting in corrupt concert with political conservatives in a vast right wing conspiracy.....I can hear the chopper blades whirring from the black helicopter as I write.....

7. Motorcity Gator

You're absolutely building mountains out of mole hills.

Trust me....I harbor no feelings about a Gameday bias other than for an MCG approved business reason. :roll:

8. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

So, Dave, that National Scale doesn't apply to the 12Pac, Big 12, Big Ten, etc??? We have been well represented. So should the other conferences.

9. Motorcity Gator

Tom,

Over the past 3-4 years and especially since ABC has started up with a Sat. night primetime game, ESPN Gameday has done an increasing number of pregames at ABC affiliated conference sites or at least from sites where the game itself is to be televised later on that day by ABC.

But as I say....what else would you expect from an ABC owned network?

It's unique in today's business climate that they would do a game from a CBS site.......which is in effect significant free promotion for that CBS game.

I think it's great that they will still do this when they could have chosen a game like ( 5-0 ) Michigan vs. ( 5-0 ) MSU to do the show from.

10. BuckeyeT

Coming from the Chief Construction Supervisor, that is saying alot.....

11. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

WOW

You are playing the 'neutral site' card?

What a load of bullsh*t. They weren't there for North Carolina. if UNC isn't playing LSU, they aren't there. Period.

The bottom line is that they are showcasing SEC contests as the marquis matchups when the reality is... your conference just isn't that good this year.

12. Motorcity Gator

As I said...I agreed with much of what you have been saying and with the above statement with one very notable exception.....The Flor.....nope....sorry....habit I guess.....

....The Crimson Tide. :D :wink: :lol: