Florida-Tennessee

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, Sep 10, 2006.

1. TheSwampSince82

TheSwampSince82 New Member

Florida has a convincing victory over the Vols. What were the vols last year...4-6 lol. What a joke. Dont take the Cal game so seriously. Cal is extremely overrated. Its been proved already. Look at the Airforce game as their measuring stick. Go Gators!!! :D

Prediction

Florida:31
    Tenn:14

2. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

TENN/fLORIDA

<t>I don't have a favorite in this game so nothing personal to anyone on the board but....I'm fairly sure Florida will win this game. Probably not by much but they will win. I'm just not convinced Tenn has it all back together again yet. They will, but not yet.</t>

3. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Swamp wrote:
    So... just who has Florida played that is better than Cal?

4. Tennessee Tom

Swamp also wrote:
    What I find laughable is a supposed SEC fan that doesn't even know how many games a SEC team plays in a given year. :roll:

5. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Or Air Force? I don't know if Air Force could beat FL, but they definitely are a better team than the two directional schools Florida has played. This will be a stiff challenge for both teams. Florida may be good, great, or so-so. Same with Tennessee. I don't know. But I certainly know that they both played an 11-game schedule last year, like every other D-1 team.

6. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Interesting speculation by a poster (not me) over on a Gator message board although I too have made the same speculations here in the past:

"Is it a big stretch to make the following would've played out differently.

1.) Florida would have won the game. Certain!

The game clock have continued to run and wouldn't have ever been (incorrectly) stopped after the penalty (remember Florida had called a Wynn running play up the middle to drain the clock). So, following the punt, UT would've gotten the ball on their 20 yard line with about 25 seconds to play, instead of on their 35 yard line (remember, it was a 15 yard penalty) or so, with 50 seconds (or so). Too far to go!!!! The game winning 51 field goal came with only 6 seconds left!

2.) Florida would've been 5-2 and only a game behind UT (which had lost to Auburn). Certain

While Florida wouldn't still in control of it's own destiny after the MSU loss, it would've been a lot harder to fire Ron Zook at that point given the road win at UT.

3.) If Zook wasn't fired when he was, there's a chance that he wouldn't have gotten fired at all that year! Very possible

Florida went on a tear late in the season. We all assume that the wins were the result of the team playing looser, but looking back, FSU was ripe for the taking that night.

4.) There's a possibility that Ty Willingham wouldn't have been fired at Notre Dame as it was widely speculated that they fired him to open the job for Urban Meyer. Very speculative

5.) Assuming they did still fire Willingham, Meyer would have in probability accepted the Notre Dame job. Highly Likely

5.) Charlie Weiss would have probably gotten an NFL job offer. Who knows....Maybe the Miami job?

6.) Zook would've gotten himself through till the 2005 season, at which time I think he would've surely been exposed, but Florida would've had considerably less options....Dan Hawkins, Petrino?

One bad penalty.

Looking back, I'm very happy with the call!!!!"

From MCG:

I happen to agree that I am glad Meyer is here at Florida but I disagree that Fla would have lost at MSU with more SEC East focus and purpose going into that game and very likely would have beaten LSU at home two weeks after Knoxville instead of losing with that Tenn hangover that they seemed to have.

However, it was inevitable that Zook eventually was gone at Florida but it may have taken several more frustrating years if these bad ref games with FSU and Tenn had never occurred. Sort of a blessing in disguise I think....I hope.....

7. Tennessee Tom

,,, then there was this wild looking person at the AF game. The guy with the orange and white paint was strange too. :shock:

[​IMG]

8. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

MCG,

I'm curious. Before each game do you study the opponent or the officiating crew? Or are THEY the opponent?

8)

9. Motorcity Gator

In some games George the refs have as much say in the outcome as the opponent and that is very wrong and bad for the game.

Thankfully it is not the majority of the time but when it does occur it reduces the sport to the level of pro wrestling in my opinion with regard to legitimacy of the outcome.

10. Tennessee Tom

I'll go out on a limb and copy the prediction that this gentleman makes at the end of his video: Tennessee 30 Florida 27

How to cook a gator

11. Motorcity Gator

Excuse me....I just lost my appetite.... :)

12. Tennessee Tom

Go Vols! Beat the Gators!

[​IMG]

13. Motorcity Gator

:lol: :lol:

Should be a great game Tom. I think both teams will move the ball but Ainge has more to prove than Leak I think.

The difference is that UF has more overall talent on both sides IMHO and also the blitz and Qb rush packages that Tenn will see on Sat. have been under wraps so far and will be unveiled and unleashed on the sometimes unsteady Ainge causing a more mistake filled game than he has been putting forth.

That's my opinion for what it's worth hence I'll stick to my realistic and not overblown prediction of 31-23 Gators.

14. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Come on Tom, out on a limb would be going with his 50-0 predictioin!! :)

BTW do you think some place there is some Korean or Chinese Gator fans this week who are cooking up some Blue Tick Hound? I hope not!! :)

Terry

15. Terry O'Keefe

Just thought I'd throw this in, just recieved it in an email!

16. Terry O'Keefe

Tom,

You never did post your views on the Air Force/Tenn game did you? I'd be interested to hear your take on that game. Esp since the Irish play Air Force later in the year, are they a solid team or did you guys just sleep walk through the game?

I try to keep up with Air Force, and watch them several times a year. The last couple of years DeBerry felt like he had a QB who he could throw the ball a little more with, but I was never impressed that it helped. I thought it threw off the relentless pounding that their style of play brings to the game.

Any way if you have time gimme a synopsis.

thanks

Terry

17. GORT

GORT New Member

Over all this will be the most exciting game this weekend. Two SEC powerhouses going at it like a pack of crazed dawgs over a bone.

18. GORT

GORT New Member

19. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

I don't buy for one minute that the ref crew has that much effect on the outcome of many games. That doesn't meant there are not some really bad calls that affect the outcome of a game, of course that happens. But in the long run things even out and if you do things right you will win.

I don't sweat this crew, it's an SEC crew and will call the game to the best of their ability.

However come later in the season when we go to Tally to play FSU I do fear the incomeptetnce of an ACC crew.

20. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Now Tom, how long did it take you to paint your head orange and white like that?