Elections 2021

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Terry O'Keefe, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Big win for the Republicans in Virginia last night, and I'm not talking about Youngkin winning the Governors race. I'm talking about Winsome Sears a woman of color, a former Marine, and a Republican won the Lt. Governors race. She was pretty impressive IMHO, glad to see some diversity in the Republican party.

"I'm telling you that what you are looking at is the American dream," Sears said during her victory speech.
    Sears, a Marine Corps veteran, claimed victory in a speech early Wednesday morning and was met by a crowd chanting, "Winsome! Winsome! Winsome!"

"When I joined the Marine Corps, I was still a Jamaican. But this country had done so much for me, I was willing, willing, to die for this country," Sears said during her victory speech early Wednesday morning.

She then led the boisterous crowd in a "USA" chant.

"In case you haven't noticed, I am Black. And I have been Black all my life, but that's not what this is about," she continued.

"What we are going to do now is be about the business of the Commonwealth," she said. "We have things to tend to. We are going to fully fund our historically Black colleges and universities. We’re going to have safer neighborhoods, safer communities, and our children are going to get a good education."

• Like Like x 2
  2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Also while I do like term limits in most cases, that 1 term limit in Virgina is a bit much, should at least get 2 terms IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

The usual media is having a complete meltdown over these losses. The world is ending and Hitler is returning...
    :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Somewhere along the line some folks realized that they didn't vote for open borders, higher gas prices, inflation, racially based education, defunded police and soaring crime rates. The $450,000 payoff to border crashers was the last straw. On top of the billions in equipment abandoned in Afghanistan, the millions in unused border wall equipment and having to spend more money on imported oil, Americans are appalled with the lack of fiscal responsibility in DC.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Term limits is the only long term answer. I've done a complete about-face on this issue over the years. Two terms and out. Stop the lifetime benefits . Find the true civil servants and get rid of the profiteers and social re-engineers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

Emotions over-ride rational thought almost every time. The media are very good at stoking emotions, especially against Trump, who is very easy to hate. Objectively, a vast majority of what he accomplished was good for the country, especially the economy. However, even to the detriment of their own livelihood and pocketbook, many individuals instilled with derangement by the Left media could not get past their hate after four years of stoking the fire with hoaxes and fake news. Almost a year later, Trump is now mostly out of the public eye and it is much harder to roil up white hot rage against him. Because of this, emotions can now recede, which can allow rational thought (of those that are capable in the first place) to see that doing the opposite of good for the country's economy is...whatever the Biden administration and the Liberal congress are doing?

That is why the Left media is getting more and more shrill, because their "Trump card" is wearing off. Unfortunately, how long will Trump be able to stay away from the spotlight? Although I would very much like his economy back, I'm not certain the capability of the Left to stir up anti-Trump emotions would allow his re-election in 2024. If Trump were to win the primary (pretty easy to do) but lose the general (pretty easy to do given the progressive social justice hate on the Left) the result would be another Left president, another likely disaster given the 20 or so Democrats that ran in the primaries last time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

George hit it.
    Term limits makes it back into a SERVICE rather than a wealth accumulating career.
    There will be some folks who are really good who only get a short time to work, but that is a small price to pay to keep out the cronies.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Kes it's quite obvious that DC is completely corrupted. The (social) Justice Department, the FBI, the Intelligence community, the State Department, and possible the IRS, CDC and other agencies have layers of leftists in executive levels. They've gotten that way by years of purging by Dem. administrations. Someone with a chip on their shoulder and balls of steel has to clean out that nest. How many possible candidates can do the job?

• Agree Agree x 1