El Paso Tim gets a 2nd Chance.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

OK Tim the last time a highly touted player was comming out of El Paso it was Ed. Stansbury, he was your guy! It was your duty to get him to ND. He of course ended up at UCLA, but you were redeemed when he turned out not to be a Div1 QB anyway! :?

6'4" 290lbs, cat like quickness, Irish need DL's in this next class badly! 'nough said!! :wink:

Now we have to give give you a 2nd chance with Andre Jones. I'm sure you know all about Mr. Jones! He's a kid with some midwestern roots to go along with his talent. So he's not opposed to going out of state, and it's not like Austin is close to El Paso!

Andre Jones

2. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

Terry,

You are right about this kid. As a matter of fact his HS is about 4 miles from my house. I must say that it came as a surprise to me when his name appeared not only as a national prospect but as an Irish prospect. I guess I just haven't been paying as much attention to the local talent as I have in the past. El Paso doesn't produce that many major college prospects in Football. We have had a couple of kids from El Paso in the past couple of years that have gone on to play for major colleges like Stansberry and another who played for FSU.

I'll have to find out more about the kid. He plays for Andress, one of the better 5A football schools in town.

Tim