Deshaun Watson.

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Terry O'Keefe, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I never would have thought that he'd be where he is right now. He was a model citizen, great young QB, destined for the HOF. He was loved by the Houston community, he was on TV in HEB commercials, not exactly Peyton Manning but developing his own style. He was a sought after endorsement talent, he recently announced a partnership with Lefty's Cheesesteaks Hoagies and Grill to bring 5 restaurants to Houston. Bet they don't want him anywhere near the company anymore.

He's up to 14 lawsuits now. I can't see how he's going to beat them, even if no criminal charges are ever filed and even if he settles out of court and apologizes he's toast.

With the 1st one I thought maybe it was somebody who had hurt feelings over him not calling her or something stupid, but at 14 he's looking like a serial predator. I would imagine that the NFL will suspend him for the year and I can't imagine a team wanting him on the roster, esp in the #metoo era.

Very Sad. I remember seeing him on a DIY show where he paid to have his Mom's place redecorated and remodeled, there was a lot of love in the room. I'll bet his family can't believe he would do all of what he's being accused of at the moment.

HOUSTON -- A 14th lawsuit alleging sexual assault and inappropriate conduct was filed against Deshaun Watson by a woman who says she believes the Houston Texans quarterback is a "serial predator."

The lawsuit, which was filed Monday night and appeared on the Harris County District Clerk's website Tuesday morning, alleges that Watson "assaulted and harassed Plaintiff by exposing himself to her and touching her with his penis."

The incident allegedly took place in California, just the second of the 14 allegations to take place outside the Houston area.

Lawsuit No. 14 calls Watson a 'serial predator'

2. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

We sure do forget about "innocent until proven guilty" these days.
    Cancel culture is now in full control, and there's no stopping it.

3. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

16 lawsuits...

4. Terry O'Keefe

Not sure that this has anything to do with the Cancel Culture, but definitely the #MeToo culture.

It's hard not to see 16 unrelated women bring lawsuits and assume that something is going on with Watson and women. Reports are that the attny has more women who may join the lawsuits. Sadly even if this is just a conspiracy drummed up by the attny he's going to be tarnished forever.

Ezekial Elliot had one woman, and ex, and he lost a good chunk of the year to NFL suspsension. Which leads me to think that Watson is likely to be suspended for the season. Of course he's vowed never to play again for the Texans and said he was ready to sit out the season to force a trade.

5. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying he's innocent but he's already dead to the world as far as the court of social media... And that means everything these days.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

20 lawsuits...

7. Terry O'Keefe

2 women have now come forward under their own name, no longer Jane Doe's. Of course none of us know where this is going. But I'm still thinking at the very least he'll be suspended by the NFL after they do their investigation.

8. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I think I read today that he has been suspended. Can’t recall where.

9. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Apparently everything's bigger in Texas....

You know what I'd do if I had a 12" Penis?.....

.....I get on a bus and show it to everybody.

Note to self: AJ, Don't forget your 1:00 p.m. court date tomorrow.

• Funny Funny x 1