Debates?

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Terry O'Keefe, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Did anybody watch them? I'm reading about them this morning, sounds like Beto's done as a candidate, the liberal media seemed to love Warren, Castro and surprisingly Cory Booker.

I guess the items for the day is who can support the most free stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

Most people's reviews of last night were that Beto is done, Warren disappointed while Booker and Castro sort of stood out. The night was the B list of candidates, and I think it showed. I didn't watch last night, but I just finished watching it a few minutes ago. The CWS and US Gold Cup soccer were more important to me than the B list. I will be watching tonight live though.

3. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Based on what I have read, it appears that nearly all of the candidates support providing taxpayer funded medical insurance for those who illegally entered the county. Meanwhile, millions of Americans citizens who are above the Medicaid and Obamacare income thresholds either pay exorbitant monthly premiums or play a medical version of Russian roulette and not pay for health insurance because they cannot afford it and hope they do not fall ill. I am stunned that more people are not outraged about this.

4. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

Tonight's breakdown:
    -Harris took the night
    -Followed closely by Buttigieg
    -Biden really lost a lot tonight and looked defeated at times.
    -Bernie Sanders could win a fight with a seagull over a bread crumb, but he doesn’t seem to see the bigger picture despite his proclamations.
    -Someone let that crazy ******* author on the stage, because you know, “this is why we can’t have nice things!” There has to be one candidate that makes the whole party look bad.
    -No one else mattered

Also, on a final note. I’m just glad that author didn’t break out in interpretive dance to express her viewpoints on a policy question. I’m only half joking.

5. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Sure, I have no problem with folks just showing up, hopping the fence and getting free health care. After all, I spent 40 years working seeing money taken out of my pay every week for medicare. Of course, I spent years paying off college loans and now I get to see my tax money go to paying off loans for jellyfish who majored in gender art studies or whatever and can't find a good paying job. Guess we have to change the second to last line in the National Anthem to "O'er the land of the free ****..."

• Like Like x 1
  6. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

WELL SAID GIPPER!!..I'm tired of getting my checks raped also. Claimed married, zero, and at the higher single rate, own a home, and still got bent over on taxes this year.

7. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Just what we need....President Castro.