Dan Mullen

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Gator Bill, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

• Like Like x 1
  2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I would agree that Mullen is on his way to being in the upper echelon of CFB coaches. The job he's done with bringing Kyle Trask along is an example. Not to say Trask was a no talent kid who Mullen groomed but do you think Trask would have developed under McElwain or Coach Boom? Initially I wondered about his recruiting but he's got the #7 class in the ESPN rankings, last year #9. So he's building the program up every year.

Plus unlike Kirby Smart he realizes that in todays CFB, as Saban says, you can't win without a dynamic offense.

3. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Terry, no I don't think Trask would have developed with McElwain or Boom.

Mullen hasn't been able to recruit as many 5 star players and Kirby Smart, Saban etc. But what he has done is go into the transfer portal and get sine really good players, 5 star and 4 star. And we have gotten commitments from at least one five star the last couple of classes including this one.

4. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Frost, Kelly or Mullen..... for me at the time we got the second best candidate but the way things have turned out we just really lucked out and got Mullen. Couldn't be happier he chose Florida.