Covid-19 Heroes

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

My response would be because of the antagonistic non-helpful "gotcha" questions from the media that have no purpose other than to rhetorically criticize him. They don't ask questions...they are putting themselves on display.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

I'll admit that the questions were not "hey Mr. Trump.... can you explain how it is that your pandemic response came to pass as the greatest in the world?".... and "can you further explain how it is that Obama was so inept that he obstructed and limited your abilities to respond to the pandemic preparedness for the past three years"?
    "Has Obama criminally been up to no good.... throttling your presidency for the past three years behind the scenes?" .... "Because we sure as hell haven't heard a peep out of him since he left office until recently when he finally has said enough is enough..... and has responded to your continual provocations?"

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Stu Ryckman

"Mr. President, how many lives are you willing to lose?"

"Is your impulse to put a positive spin on things and misrepresenting preparedness right now putting Americans at risk?"

"Why are you making it a global competition?"

"Why are you directing that at me?" (Maybe because you asked the question)

"Mr. President, when will you take responsibility for (insert something here he had nothing to do with)?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Stu Ryckman

5. Motorcity Gator

I dunno.... ask fake news.... or the dem governors.... or China.... maybe they can tell ya...they all conspire to make me look bad.... the management of the virus isn't important.
    Ok...and ask me about hydroxychloriquine why don't ya.... hell it might kill me but because I said weeks ago it was the thing I am now taking it because I don't wanna look bad..... yeah.... that's the ticket. Screw all those doctors and medical experts.... they're all fake docs anyways....o_O

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
  6. Motorcity Gator

Stu there have been lots of younger people who have lost their lives to this virus... like the 30 year old married father of two first responder in NY and then there is the Broadway star who is 28 and lost his leg to Covid because of the clots.
    Hey I'm not trying to be partisan... just saying that I remain concerned for my 35 year old and 32 year old sons with good reason.

7. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

In Florida 83 % of deaths are 65 and older, all 1,973 out of 21.48 million residents

8. RECcane

If we really are concerned, isolate the elderly

9. Motorcity Gator

Ralph that leaves over 370 dead under age 65 and thousands under 65 hospitalized.

But I get ya.... let's get up and go..... for the younger crowd anyway.

I'll wait and see what happens myself.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RECcane

This whole isolation thing is just ******* stupid. My 87 year old father had seizures 30 days ago and it’s been a black hole of info, imagine gathering information for your loved ones in normal times, it basically sucks, now add zero contact with the loved one or doctor and nurses, a black hole. This being 30 days now as we move him to a rehab facility I’m the guy to pick him up from the hospital. I’ve been told how to transport, how to drive and what to do in the process as I drive my Dad, by the way my dear old dad to his next destination for 60 days. And yeah I’ve already been told what to do and do not go anywhere else with my hero in life...

Stop... First, I might pick him up some lunch, then enjoy the moments we have together that evidently is restricted along the way. I will do what is required to keep him safe but this stupid idea that nursing homes are safe and secure is obscure, we set his room up on Saturday carrying in furniture passing loads of those over those over 80....

‘There are so many holes in all of this it’s ridiculous and as so many in our state feel walking through a shopping market and wearing a mask will make a difference is incredible. I have zero respect to those laying out the rules as the rules change by the day, where is the credibility in any said expert and who says it won’t change tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  11. RECcane

I’ll let y’all know tomorrow after I pick him up, the hospital evidently cannot offer transportation service but I’ll make it happen even if I have to physically carry him into the seat next to me, he’s praised material and a special ordinance to me. I cannot think of a better moment or two than having him with me, I am thankful for the opportunity

• Like Like x 1
  12. Motorcity Gator

Sorry about your Dad Ralph.....it's tough in these times to have relatives that you can't see or spend time with. I have my 84 year old Dad in Jax I haven't seen in months and my granddaughters a couple of miles from me that I can't hug... it really does suck.
    Now I see stats from yesterday that reopening Florida had the highest number of new cases it's had since the start of the crisis at 1541. Not good news.....

13. Stu Ryckman

14. Motorcity Gator

15. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

18% for confirmed cases... except that leaves out the thousands that were not unconfirmed... that never sought out help, or even knew they had it. Keep rolling with the doom numbers Dave, I know it makes you smile.

16. Motorcity Gator

Good luck to you Scott.

You're banking that although there is 1.5 million confirmed cases in the U.S. that there is 2 or 3 million more that don't even know they had it because it was so tame.
    There are no facts or data that suggest that but hey that's what you're basing your luck on. If by the time we have a vaccine there is 3 million confirmed cases in the U.S..... 150,000 deaths and 500,000 hospitalizations I hope you're lucky enough not to be one of those people.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  17. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Don't want to read too much into this ...but again little victories.

[​IMG]

18. Motorcity Gator

That's great Terry if we can trust the data.
    The state of Florida just fired their guy in charge of the data because according to him he would not alter censure or otherwise under report the data.
    If true that is criminal.

If what I have heard is accurate and what I have seen people around here don't wear masks and don't really watch their social distance too much. And there was a 3,000 person block party in Deland so unless they truly do alter the data we will find out soon if phase three works because that's about where we are here in Florida and I suspect just about anywhere that's truly opening up like Texas for instance.
    ****, I want college football and a normal life again. I hope people can socialize and party it up..... I'm ready.... but I'll stand by and watch first.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  19. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

While there has been criticism in the media about red state governors being caviler about the dangers of the virus, this excerpt from the Wall Street Journal indicates that on a per capita basis, the blue states have fared worse:

20. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

The article notes that factors such as population density, mass transit, and weather may explain the difference in cases but was surprised when I first read this passage.

• Agree Agree x 1