Covid-19 Heroes

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Point is, if you use proper procedures at work you're pretty close to just as safe as anywhere else other than in a isolation cell. If work can't provide proper procedures, don't let them open.

2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

3. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

4. Motorcity Gator

The key word is "predominantly" at home.
    Completely isolated at home and still getting the virus means very bad things I would say.... but it only takes socializing with one Covid positive family member or neighbor to get the virus.

5. Bobdawolverweasel

Actually, I believe the only time the word “predominantly” is used in the article is to describe where those infected live:

6. Bobdawolverweasel

The article will not change my wearing a mask when I enter an enclosed public place and other protective measures and the article does not mention if those infected did go into public areas without protective gear but it would seem that at a minimum, the article seems to suggest that the stay at home orders did not achieve its intended purpose which is pretty depressing given the economic hardships that have taken place and alarming considering that it is extraordinary difficult to create a vaccine to block a virus.

7. Motorcity Gator

"it is extraordinary difficult to create a vaccine to block a virus."

Especially one that can crawl down your chimney....

8. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Watch "[URGENT] Dr Rashid Buttar Reveals that Coronavirus was Patented by Bill Gates in 2006." on YouTube

9. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Watch "CBS News Caught Red-Handed STAGING FAKE CORONAVIRUS TESTING LINEUPS To Scare Public Into Obedience!" on YouTube

10. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

This is the doc Fauci fired long ago, the media is not interested. Fauci everything to destroy her.

11. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

This sums it up in 10 minutes.

Watch "Tucker: Totalitarianism doesn't shock us any more" on YouTube

12. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

AJ Here's an article by Ann Coulter that I know you'll find interesting.
    Why The New York Times Is Unreformable And Must Die
    Even before The New York Times launched its “All Slavery, All the Time” project, no one could accuse that paper of skimping on its race coverage, particularly stories about black males killed by white(ish) police officers.

Here’s one you haven’t heard about. I happened upon it by sheer accident.

Antwon Rose II was a 17-year-old boy shot by an East Pittsburgh police officer in June 2018 after he bolted from a jitney car that had been stopped by the officer. The Times published about a half-dozen stories on Antwon Rose — or as the Times calls him, “Antwon, who was unarmed.”

After the officer was acquitted on all charges in March of this year, the Times ran an article by Adeel Hassan on the verdict.

Here’s what you would learn from the Times:

— Antwon was unarmed.

— Antwon “was in his high school’s honors program.”

— Antwon “played basketball and the saxophone.”

— Antwon “volunteered for a local charity.”

— In 2016, Antwon wrote a poem titled, “I Am Not What You Think!” which included these lines:

I see mothers bury their sons
    I want my Mom to never feel that pain.

— A policeman stopped the gold Chevy Cruze Antwon “was riding in” because it “matched the description” of a car “involved” in a drive-by shooting minutes earlier.

— The jury consisted of nine whites and three African Americans.

If you read the Times piece, all you would know is that an honor student who loved his mom … was KILLED for the crime of riding in a car similar to one that had just been used in a crime.

Wow. Just wow.

Here are some of the facts the Times left out:

— The gold Chevy Cruze Antwon fled did not merely “match the description of” a car used in a drive-by shooting: It was the car used in the drive-by shooting, as proved by surveillance video posted online days after the shooting and shown to the jury.

— The video shows 13 shots being fired from the back seat of that exact car, with — according to the prosecutor — Antwon riding in the front seat.

— The backseat passenger, Zaijuan Hester, later pleaded guilty to the drive-by shooting.

— One of the victims of the drive-by shooting told police it was Antwon who shot him. “The beef was between me and him,” William Ross told a Pennsylvania State Police officer. “That car came by, he shot me, I ran to the store.”

— The jitney driver told police that, right before the shooting started, he heard the backseat passenger ask, “Is that him?

— The gun used in the drive-by was recovered in the back seat of the car.

— A stolen gun was found under Antwon’s seat, an empty magazine in Antwon’s pants pocket, and there was gunpowder residue on Antwon’s hands.

— The car stopped by the officer was riddled with bullet holes.

— The jury that unanimously acquitted the officer was led by an African American foreman, who stoutly defended the verdict.

None of that made it into the Times story on the trial’s conclusion.

I’m glad that Antwon did charity work, but isn’t it rather more important that he had participated in a drive-by shooting of two other black guys 13 minutes before being stopped by a police officer?

That’s not conjecture or speculation. Hassan wasn’t writing about the case the day after the shooting. These are facts that were presented in court and copiously reported by the local media — even in the British press.

Normal Person to The New York Times: Why did you say the car “matched the description” of the car used in a drive-by shooting — but not say that it WAS the car used in the drive-by shooting?

NYT: I’m sorry, who are you and do you have a press pass?

Normal Person: You didn’t mention that a stolen gun was found under Antwon’s seat and a matching cartridge in Antwon’s pocket???

NYT: We only have so much space and I needed room for Antwon’s poem.

Normal Person: You didn’t have space to say that gun residue was found on Antwon’s hands?

NYT: I could have run more of the poem. It was a good poem.

Normal Person: Or that one of the victims of the drive-by said Antwon was the one who shot him?

NYT: The officer didn’t know that.

Normal Person: Did the officer know about Antwon’s A.P. classes? It goes to the likelihood of his behavior being perceived as threatening. The officer could certainly see that the car’s back window had been shot out.

NYT: You’re a white supremacist and white nationalist and, yes, I know they’re different, but you’re both.

There’s no reason to think this isn’t standard operating procedure at the Times. The editors can’t say, OK, OK, that one got past us!

The Times has told wild lies about the racist shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri (false), the racist arrest of Freddie Grey in Baltimore (false), the racist shooting of Trayvon Martin in Florida (false), the racist gang-rape of a black stripper by a Duke lacrosse team (false) and so on.

Antwon Rose’s shooting wasn’t even a flood-the-zone, hair-on-fire story. But the Times lied about it, too.

This is a newspaper that cannot be trusted on anything touching on race. They’re liars and ideologues, not reporters and editors.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Motorcity Gator

"As it stands, politicians won’t let people worship, or work, or go to school, or see their aging parents. They’ve placed the nation under house arrest. That’s happening today, right now. But let’s say we all get more afraid. What then? What couldn’t they start doing? Could they intern people? Seriously.

You can dismiss the possibility if you like. But remember just a few months ago, most of us would have dismissed the idea of propaganda-spewing drones from above. Now we have them. So what’s next? What can’t they do? Let’s draw a line at some point."

Wow..... what a nut.... a dangerous nut. Good luck to him or anyone like him.
    It's like the virus doesn't exist for these people. Like Trump's lifelong rich white New Yorker friend didn't just die of Coronavirus. Like the Prime Minister of Britain didn't damn near die from it and the wife of the Canadian Prime Minister didn't get it.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  14. Motorcity Gator

15. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

Ralph,

Thanks. Carson finally got the all clear yesterday. Believe it or not, due to these damn medications I've had to take, I haven't had a drop of alcohol, in almost 2 years. This is bullsh*t.. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

Great news Corey, glad to hear it... Yeah I wasn’t even thinking about the medications preventing you from alcohol but it makes sense... Well the good thing is you have more money in your pocket... Sad part is I’m making up for it...

17. Motorcity Gator

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  18. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

Hmm, I’ve bit the Georgia path, wife and I hit a Chili’s yesterday for lunch, the most enjoyable meal out in what, 6-7 weeks.... And yes everybody was garbed up serving us, spaced out accordingly as we ate in the almost empty restaurant. Rough times ahead for business, even if you buy into the continued lockdown or not the economy is not going to bounce back quickly

19. Bobdawolverweasel

So.....was tbe service OK?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Motorcity Gator

I watched Trump nearly every day from mid-March through April at those daily campaign briefings... I mean Covid press briefings as he tried mightily and inaccurately to wish the virus away and here is one of the most glaring examples of how wishing works against actual medical evidence:
    "Rick Bright said he was removed as the director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority because he was raising the alarm about the coronavirus early this year and also resisting pressure from the Trump administration to promote an "unproven drug, hydroxychloroquine, to the American people without transparent information on the potential health risks."
    Leaving aside the question of why exactly Bright was removed from his post at BARDA, he has certainly proven to be right about the antimalarial drug that President Donald Trump consistently promoted as a "game changer" and that also was touted by Fox News hosts and close Trump allies such as Rudy Giuliani.
    [​IMG]
    Rick Bright will warn Congress of 'darkest winter in modern history' without ramped up coronavirus response

On Monday, a study of more than 1,400 COVID-19 patients in New York was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, the largest such examination to date, which found that hydroxychloroquine gave no benefits to COVID-19 patients and instead significantly increased their risk of cardiac arrest.

• Dislike Dislike x 1