Could this be true?

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

What years did that occur and how many ACC conference games did FSU actually have in those years and were they playing out the string of previously scheduled pre-ACC games?

That's what I think they were doing and I doubt seriously they had the 8 conference games they now have.

2. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

....how about 2003 in South Bend or 2004 at Syracuse?????? They've been playing a full complement of conference games since 1992 or 1993.

There is no excuse MCG....but, I know, I know, "that depends on what the definition if is is". :wink:

Enough of this for me, it's Stripehead week. Case closed. You are going to have to take your argument up with somebody else. The 'Noles have shown me enough.

3. Motorcity Gator

In 2002 and 2003 all schools had 12 games in the schedule and UF added a home and home with Miami when they were still very formidable.

In any event what about Ohio State? Give me one season...just one season where OSU has played two tough home and home non-con type opponents in the same season.

In 2002 OSU played TexTech in the Pigskin classic and had Wash St.

In 2003 OSU played WashST and nobody else of consequence as a non-con.

UF was playing Miami and FSU in both of those years as non-con foes.

Come on BT...got anything to say for the Bucs and their propensity never to play more than one tough non-con (if that) in a season?

4. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

1999 - Miami Fla. and UCLA

5. Motorcity Gator

Is that it?

Wow...that certainly trumps Florida in 2002 when their first tough non-con opponent Miami went on to play the Bucs for the national title.

FSU wasn't great that year but the noles did win the ACC title....they were a conference champ at least.

At least UCLA did play in a bowl in '99...the Las Vegas Bowl...... :lol: :lol:

6. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

You guys are great! I don't remember a single instance during any year's football season when MCG spoke this long without mentioning refs. Super diversionary tactics! Thanks again. :wink:

7. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

You constantly change the rules...

First you ask us to show when UM and OSU played the same tough non-conf foe every year...I showed you that UM did.

Then you said show you where UM and OSU played any tough non conf home-and-homes...Bobda and I showed that they did.

Now you want us to show you where we played MORE than one tough no-con (if that) in a season...we have found two times in the last 6 years and you say "Is that it?"

We have not changed the rules on you...show us where you traveled...we are still waiting.

8. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

<t>Any time Tom.<br/>
    <br/>
    Next stop:<br/>
    <br/>
    Global Warming is really caused by a pair of cousins from Alabama who have an uncle who is an Ohio State fan in an attempt to bring Big10 winter weather conditions to the state of Florida to handicap the fast past Gator offense.</t>