Coronavirus information

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by WSU1996kesley, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

I'm not blaming Trump for Covid.... I'm just blaming him for blaming....

2. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

My guess is that parents of grade school boys will eventually be leading the charge to end the quarantine:

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

WTF??? I'm not going to blame the Dem governors for this...they may have known nothing about it (plus maybe the same thing is going on in some Red States...I dunno)...my only point is WHO THE HELL THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO SEND POSITIVE COVID-19 PATIENTS FROM HOSPITALS INTO NURSING HOMES??? With all the STUPID talk about whether or not President Trump suggested drinking Clorox (he didn't) and blaming him and him alone for killing people when this scourge has gone around the entire planet...meanwhile THIS IS THE DUMBEST IDEA I EVER HEARD AND SOMEBODY SHOULD BE CALLED TO ACCOUNT FOR IT! Where do they think the most vulnerable people are??? Where have the highest number of deaths been???

‘Playing Russian Roulette’: Nursing Homes Told to Take the Infected

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Yeah that sure seems like a really bad idea.

6. Stu Ryckman

Yeah...pisses me off....all the discussion about should we open this or should we wear a mask or should we go to the playground or should we go to the hardware store...and then HEALTH PEOPLE do this!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Stu Ryckman

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Motorcity Gator

Some thoughts:
    Good article by a knowledgeable man except I understand that you couldn't have a stockpile of Covid-19 tests available because there was no Covid-19 discovered until early Jan. of this year.
    Otherwise.... mismanagement and lack of oversight of the CDC and WHO and the FDA spans many many years over the reign of both parties and that I can believe and both parties can be blamed for the shortage of pandemic fighting gear and response capability. However it's politically self-serving to blame just one administration when the one doing the blaming has been in office for the past three years himself.
    Otherwise I agree that the economy needs to move forward... as long as people are willing to make the personal sacrifices that will come when the disease spreads because of it and because of the lack of testing and tracing etc..
    The problem is that if you can't provide a safer work environment it's going to be difficult to get some people back to work and who can blame them if they see their co-workers catching and dying from the virus.

9. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

More actual data which contradicts the 'guidance' from Fuhrer Fauci.

Watch "Dr. Erickson Interviews Dr. Wittkowski - #ReopenUSA" on YouTube

10. Motorcity Gator

11. Stu Ryckman

I took it to mean the lack of physical apparatus...swabs, pipettes, trays, reagents needed to perform the tests...not necessarily the RNA samples from the virus which you would then test for. If my understanding is right, we got the RNA (belatedly) from China or Europe or wherever...then the FDA and CDC wanted to rely on their own out-of-date and insufficient-in-number testing apparatus assuming they would be better than the foreign stuff...which we didn't have anyway.

12. Stu Ryckman

That article made it sound like Washington has licked the virus...they haven't opened up anything yet and still their graphs, as far as I can ascertain, look pretty much the same as most other states.

US coronavirus map: Tracking the outbreak

13. Motorcity Gator

Agreed Stu that we are 2 to 3 weeks away from seeing the impact of states reopening and loosening restrictions.
    Whatever the lack of supplies we have had I have to look straight at the guy who has been managing the general store for the last three years for answers.

14. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

I've been a supervisor and manager directing vast disparate resources. I've been Incident Commander in site responses and coordination. I know many of you are business owners with employees. All of these are leadership responsibilities.

Every leader makes decisions. A good leader listens to the information provided by their team of experts, which at times varies from verified fact to hunch-based opinion. The mark of a good leader isn't that they will make the same decision that each of their resources/advisers/experts would make. This is an impossible task, because each of the resources are providing, to the best of their ability, their viewpoint from their arena of expertise and experience. And MOST of the time, opinions and recommendations are in conflict. The mark of a good leader is that they will take under advisement this information, then MAKE A DECISION, provide clarity of vision and direction. The mark of a great leader is that they will then take additional sources of information and REVISE THE DECISION as needed.

The media continuously likes to target leaders, currently Trump, and act as if it is further evidence that he is unfit to lead because IGNORES HIS ADVISERS AND EXPERTS!! THE HORROR! Anyone that parrots those headlines is a moron and/or inexperienced in leadership. It is not the leader's job to follow their team, especially in times of crisis (see: Incident Command). It is the leader's job to take the disparate, conflicting, vague and incomplete information and form a course of action and ENGAGE THE RESPONSE.

It is the team's responsibility, after clarity of vision is provided, to make every effort to enact the vision/direction. It is also the team's responsibility to provide additional information/advice as information becomes available. If a team member cannot do this, that team member needs to leave/be removed from the team.

The news media somehow makes this into gotcha reporting, that *GASP* someone disagreed with him, and he didn't do what that person recommended! Who is the leader and who is the team member?

I haven't agreed with everything Trump has done. I haven't agreed with every decision he has made. I haven't agreed with how he has done what he has done.

I have asked to remove the blame and politics from the discussion, because EVERY crisis response is riddled with mistakes, especially early on when there is more not known than is known. Questioning, punishing, and blaming during the crisis leads to distraction which often result in higher consequences of the crisis. The time for investigation, critical analysis, and charges of criminal acts is after the crisis is over.

There are a whole lot of morons and non-leaders writing "news" right now. There are a whole lot of morons and non-leaders in the government right now. How many morons and non-leaders care to respond in disagreement to this?

15. Motorcity Gator

Good post WSU.
    And really.... who is most guilty of the following if you have watched these press briefings:
    "I have asked to remove the blame and politics from the discussion, because EVERY crisis response is riddled with mistakes, especially early on when there is more not known than is known. Questioning, punishing, and blaming during the crisis leads to distraction which often result in higher consequences of the crisis."

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

You never disappoint.

17. Motorcity Gator

It's always been the case WSU that what Trump says and does is overlooked by his base.... or his followers just choose to look the other way. But that's what I see when I hear him speak..... and you may not be hearing it as I do.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Motorcity Gator

19. Motorcity Gator

WSU please understand that I'm not here looking for a fight... or trying to be a pain in the ass.

I'm here to get that opposite point of view that I get here on Skybox. It's why the SB Sports board works for me. I would think I would be bored as hell discussing sports and politics with only people that agree with me and then some.
    It's also a way to better understand what the other side is thinking.... what is influencing them.... what the different points of view are and why.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I don't really know what this means. But I am all for something positive.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp announced Saturday that the state had the lowest number of hospitalized coronavirus patients it has seen in just over a month.

"Today marks the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th," Kemp tweeted.

"Today also marks the lowest total of ventilators in use (897 with 1,945 available). We will win this fight together!" he added.