Coronavirus information

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by WSU1996kesley, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I'm pretty sure that I've read that those who have had all 4 shots, 2+2, would just go for #5. I think I read that they also don't expect to limit it to those with underlying conditions or who are over 65. 12 and over will be eligible from the get go.

2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Apparently thousands of Americans may have died from Covid that might have been saved if a vaccine had been available sooner. However, the presidential election might have been an influence on approval. An article in the NY Post discusses the changes that were made in the timing of the approval process shortly before the 2020 elections.
    It seems clear Dems pressured the FDA to delay the COVID vaccine to hurt Trump
    This pairs with the suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop to show how events and news were manipulated to help the Biden campaign. According to the article.
    "It was pressure from candidates Biden and Harris and their allies that forced the FDA to revise its guidelines and delay vaccine authorization. That same pressure likely influenced a Pfizer decision to alter its research protocol on when to first assess vaccine efficacy that changed their announcement of vaccine efficacy from pre- to post-election."

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

As many needles the Corps gave me...WTH. You haven't lived life until you went through a battery of Anthrax shots. If those didnt F me up...well, you know the rest of that song.

4. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

FWIW I got the new bivalent Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Shot #5 and COVID once.

Just happened to be in my docs office at OSU for an appointment as I was getting ready to leave he said that the shots were available there starting yesterday. I said "sure".

I shake my head thinking back on how hard it was to get my first vaccination...got up every morning on the computer at 6:00 AM when the Florida internet sites opened up. Kept clicking (on two computers and a phone) until all the slots were filled and I was turned down over and over. Finally after about a month I was able to get us appointments at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. Two hour drive and then two and a half hours winding our way through the parking lot line to get vaccinated. Then repeat the same thing 3 weeks later.

This time it was "sure".

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

I would submit that we can all agree on these two things:

1) the politicization of public health issues benefits no one and is detrimental to us all, and;
    2) both sides have been guilty

It is high on my list of egregious political behaviors, failures of leadership and flat out stupidity

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

At this point in time, is there anyone on this forum that believes covid was a naturally occurring virus?

7. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

Krebsie, there was at one time a considerable amount of uncertainty surrounding the origins of the virus including a great number of juicy conspiracy theories. My understanding is that a recent study seems definitive in identifying the Wuhan seafood market as the culprit.

Origins of SARS-CoV-2 | Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abp8715

Nobody loves a grand conspiracy theory more than I but when faced with compelling scientific evidence such as this, it's time - at least for me - to categorize the virus' origins at the seafood market into the realm of that which we know with a great deal of certainty/confidence.

• Agree Agree x 3