Coronavirus information

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by WSU1996kesley, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Vlad the Impaler’s old homestead is offering the vaccine.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

"Even noticed the girl who does the interviews who previously was masked along with the player being interviewed and they were at least 6 feet apart. Now neither wear a mask and they were normal distance ..about 3 feet."
    Didn't notice she was wearing a mask....you look at her face?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Pfzer is targeting Sept 2021 as the start of vaccine for ages 2-11.

Pfizer to seek authorization for Covid-19 vaccine for children ages 2 to 11 in September - CNN

I imagine that at the toddler age that we'll have more than a few parents agonize over getting their kids vaccinated even if they themselves have been vaccinated. My first thought is the post shot issues that many, myself included, had esp after the 2nd shot. How would a toddler handle that, as a parent do you want to sign up for that.

It has been approved for 12-15 age group today. That conversation will be a little easier, probably following what the parents have already done.

4. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

I’ve got to say I kinda love ya guys, honestly. I get home late in probably not so sound mind and respond when I can. I respect everything written and then realize how stupid I sound at times the following day :eek:

Per the vaccination please get one, yeah if your specifics are I want to get pregnant and need more data or sorry my doc says this doesn’t jive with my auto immune injections then I can’t judge, I don’t or nobody has the data. I was only playing devils advocate that just because it says it’s the end result probably is no where close five years from now.

We in my central Florida area are wide open, wear a mask, don’t wear one but respect it seems is given. I grow food, cannot work remotely doing this. The fuel man hasn’t missed a beat, uniform guy hasn’t missed a week, heck even the water guy hasn’t missed a week. From my perspective outside of what the National news has reported it’s always been another day. Had the virus, wasn’t bad, actually worked with it at a distance in one critical moment during the virus. I’ve had some remote friends die from it, everyone it seems to have had underlying issues we’ve learned. That doesn’t mean it didn’t touch our lives, it really hurt.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

I just don't see the urgency to get toddlers vaccinated.
    Covid poses virtually no risk to them.
    I can tell you I would not be getting my toddler vaccinated.
    The potential bad seems to far outweigh any benefits.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Terry O'Keefe

I don't know what I would do to tell you the truth. I'd have my teenagers vaccinated in heart beat though.

7. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

We got the vaccination some time ago.

As to wearing the mask, we do wear where required. However in my case wearing the mask drives up my heart rate and blood pressure. Since I am on medication for blood pressure that is not a good thing.

But I will continue using where required.

8. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

In all of my time in health care I have never heard of a single instance of someone not being able to become a surgeon, a dentist, an anesthesiologist, a surgical nurse or assistant, a CNRA, a dental hygienist, or any other career because of medical side effects of masks, be it CO2 retention concerns BP, HR, or whatever. I can see maybe where for older folks (Bill) maybe HR and BP would be affected, but wonder why...I can point you to many articles that have studied the issue and show no significant change in blood gas levels in mask wearers even with moderate activity. It may just be caused by discomfort, heat, sweating, etc. with wearing the mask.

FWIW I am NOT a mask Nazi...I wear one in grocery stores and shops and when requested to do so by restaurants until seated (though that seems silly in a restaurant semi-full of people eating and of course maskless.) I don't get all offended when I see someone not wearing a mask. I would NOT wear one if working outside. In fact I don't wear one at all outside. I'm not even sure that the masks have a great effect on virus spread. Maybe so but there doesn't seem to be all that much difference between them that do and them that don't.

As I tell everybody...I wear a mask all the time except when eating, drinking, or golfing. But all I do anymore is eat, drink, and golf. Oh...and smoke cigars...those DEFINITELY make the mask a health hazard.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Scott88

Stu... I think they can adapt a welding helmet to cigar use. :D;)

Terry... the 18yr old will be getting her shot shortly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Terry O'Keefe

No doubt there are exceptions like yours Bill and I believe Tom has even more issues with breathing with a mask in place. I imagine the mask wearing is going to slowly but surely disappear as more and more people get vaccinated and the bad numbers continue to go down.

11. Terry O'Keefe

While it's unknown the impact of celebrities and other high profile individuals endorsement of the vaccine will impact a persons decision to get vaccinated, I'm really glad to see these types of endorsements.

Alabama football coach Nick Saban is getting behind a state effort to encourage more people to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday that Saban has participated in a public service announcement that will air next week and will also feature SEC commissioner Greg Sankey, former Auburn basketball star Charles Barkley and former Auburn head coach-turned-U.S. Sen. Tommy Tuberville.

Saban, according to a recording of the PSA obtained by the Journal, says that fans and players both want full stadiums in the fall.

"Let's make sure we can safely make this happen by getting vaccinated," Saban is recorded saying. "Please get your COVID-19 vaccine. We want Bryant-Denny Stadium loud again this coming season -- and Roll Tide!"

• Like Like x 1
  12. Terry O'Keefe

Liberals and Covid. From a piece on the Atlantic.

Lurking among the jubilant americans venturing back out to bars and planning their summer-wedding travel is a different group: liberals who aren’t quite ready to let go of pandemic restrictions. For this subset, diligence against COVID-19 remains an expression of political identity—even when that means overestimating the disease’s risks or setting limits far more strict than what public-health guidelines permit. In surveys, Democrats express more worry about the pandemic than Republicans do. People who describe themselves as “very liberal” are distinctly anxious. This spring, after the vaccine rollout had started, a third of very liberal people were “very concerned” about becoming seriously ill from COVID-19, compared with a quarter of both liberals and moderates, according to a study conducted by the University of North Carolina political scientist Marc Hetherington. And 43 percent of very liberal respondents believed that getting the coronavirus would have a “very bad” effect on their life, compared with a third of liberals and moderates.

The Liberals Who Can’t Quit Lockdown

13. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

They buy every turd that CNN throws out.

14. Terry O'Keefe

15. Terry O'Keefe

I just read about a deal going around that supposedly proves that you are being chipped by the vaccine. They place a small magnet over the site where you received the vax and it sticks, thus proving there is a chip at that site!!

16. Scott88

lol... umm I'm pretty sure chips are silicon... and not magnetic.
    But don't let me interrupt a good conspiracy.
    :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Damn I thought that vaccinator that stuck me looked very sinister and had a slight Chinese or perhaps Russian accent. LOL

18. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

If you are conservative, which I am , you are supposed to be totally opposed to vaccination. Conspiracy theories abound. Yet I have been a strong advocate for vaccination from the get-go. I have two sisters who are completely opposed to them. One of them think this entire covid scenario is fake.

My mind was made up based on the eye witness accounts of several nurses I know directly or indirectly through my wife who worked in makeshift covid units in local hospitals. To a person they will tell you they have never seen anything like it in their professional lives. One nurse I know needed to see a psychologist after one particular trying week where her unit lost eight covid patients. I had an old friend back in Dayton, Ohio who walked into an ER on a Thursday night with flu like complaints, was admitted after a night of observation, was placed in an induced coma and ventilated on Saturday morning and was dead on Sunday.

Anybody who suggests this is the "flu" is ignorant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

I am not sure why conservatives are thought of to be against vaccination. Quite a number of our family are conservative and only one is against it and all the others already have the shots. We were advised when the shots were going to be available for us and how to keep calling until we got through by a long time friend who is a staunch conservative.

But regardless we are with you and got scheduled as soon as it opened up for us and also got a number off close friends to get the vaccination.

20. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

George, thank you for that poignant and common sense message. My daughter is a nurse. Her experience during the pandemic has been similar to what you've described. I'm sorry for the loss of your old friend.

• Like Like x 1