Coronavirus information

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by WSU1996kesley, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

F3EC73B1-D7FC-4276-91B7-9568785A86A2.jpeg Billboard greeting those crossing the M/Indiana border on I 69. Hoosiers throwing some shade at Michigan’s governor’s lockdown orders

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Oh snap!

I think I see a pattern here.
    Indiana is a serious problem.
    They ruined Michigan's economy, and directly give guns to criminals from Chicago.
    We really need to do something about those Hoosiers!
    :p

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  3. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

We got our second shot last Friday. All I had was some soreness in my arm. However Jeanne had a reaction much like Terry. Didn't feel well starting Sat, ran a low grade fever for a little over 24 hours but by Sunday night was back to normal.

Now 6 days.

• Like Like x 3
  4. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

My second Pfizer shot is now almost 48 hours behind me. No arm soreness. No fever. Slight headache. At about the 8 hours mark I became fatigued to the point where I felt like I had run a marathon. That lasted about 18 hours. Now I'm fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Scott88

My Dad got his second shot yesterday... waiting to hear back from him on if he felt any side effects.

• Like Like x 1
  6. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Murphy.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

We just got our 2nd Pfizer shots. They must have figured some things out because 3 weeks ago we were in line 3 hours and this time it was 20 minutes.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

What is this about Bloomberg? Do we have an invasion of non-members?

9. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

All of the variants are throwing a monkey wrench into the plan to eradicate it. I just read an article about the Brazilian variant, it is nasty. Right now we have what we have in terms of vaccines but I won't be shocked if those of us who are already vaccinated will end up needing to get a booster shot sometime in the future.

10. Scott88

I hate to sound like a broken record, but...
    IT IS A COLD VIRUS. Science hasn't eradicated a single cold/flu virus yet.
    Why would this one be any different?
    There will probably be a shot every year just like the flu.

11. Terry O'Keefe

Well I don't equate Covid with the Flu beyond they are both viral diseases, so on that level I would agree that it's looking like this could end up being something that boosters will be necessary. Although several other viral diseases petered out, SARS was a Corona Virus variant and it started in China and was feared at the time of the outbreak, but in the end SARS was a blip on the radar with only 164 cases in the US and no deaths.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Terry O'Keefe

Well Gov Abbott has lifted the mask mandate in Texas and told business that they can go to 100% of capacity. I'm sure restaurants and bars are happy about that, I'm more than little wary though. I'm glad that numbers have trended downward and the most recent are the lowest in quite awhile. But I think this is premature, I guess we'll have to see what happens. The worst case senario is that in about a week to 10 days after the mask mandate is lifted (technically March 10th) we start to see tests and hospitalizations trending upward again, the best case senario which is a good thing is that tests and hospitalizations continue to trend down or at least stay the same.

I personally expect some push back from my patients who I require that they wear a mask to enter the office, they are only allowed to take it off of course in the treatment room where I have to have access to the mouth/teeth. I told the staff to ask people to continue to wear the mask but not to get into arguments with patients who say they aren't wearing them anymore and that the state law says that they don't have to do it. As a staff we will continue to wear masks at all times in the office. I personally will continue to wear masks when I go shopping or other activities outside the home. I personally will continue to avoid dining indoors at restaurants unless they have empty tables around me. There is a place not too far from my house that I like to go weekly for a full breakfast, but I go at 10am on Friday and the breakfast crowd is gone and the lunch crowd isn't coming for an hour or so, so there is usually about 4 other people in the restaurant when I'm there.

13. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Terry, I agree with how you're approaching the Texas situation. I got my second shot today. I was asked how I feel. I said, relieved. I'm fine continuing to wear my mask even if others don't. I guess I'll get comfortable when we reach herd immunity, which hopefully will be sometime later this year. The good news is that I can attend, without worry, my grandchildren's track meets and baseball games this spring, masked of course.

14. Terry O'Keefe

Sid I went to "in person" Mass for the first time this past weekend. I have been watching the Notre Dame Mass online since the pandemic got real. I have N95 masks and I wear them when I go shopping and wore one while at Mass. The Mass I attended was more full than I expected, it was at least 50% full and they don't do the every other pew deal, pretty much everybody was masked except one couple in the pew in front of me who inexplicably wore their masks till they sat down in the pew and then removed them.

Like you I do feel comfortable in those situations, but I'm not pushing the envelope.

15. Terry O'Keefe

Biden has announced that due to Merck's deal with J&J to also produce the J&J vaccine in their facilities that we'll have enough vaccine to vax every adult by May, said that it will take longer than that to actually administer it but that we'll have the stuff. Could it be that by the 4th of July the vast majority of American's will be vaccinated? That would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Scott88

Terry, you probably will have some push-back but you are a private business and have every right to require what you want. No shirt, no mask, no service.
    I don't personally feel the need to wear a mask, but totally respect any business that wants to require it. I can decide if I want to do business there by wearing one, or not going in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

I personally agree exactly with Scott in this, if the business requires a mask and has what I need who am I to argue, it’s their right as a business owner. That being said much has been said about adding a requirement to fly and having a Covid registration among other businesses. That’s great but I as the consumer have money to spend, wether it’s at the doctors, restaurant or airline. If you want my money and I’m at the age where it’s more available than in early years I also hold a few cards in the game in this. I really don’t wear a mask unless needed, had the virus, am still waiting on any full proof research showing those infected previously are a risk to others in long term research. At some point the economics and pure exhaustion of this (Remember it’s only a two week curve) will see it go away.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  18. RECcane

RECcane Well-Known Member

By the way, we’ve never missed a day in the pandemic, still the wonderful 50 plus hours a week, fuel company brings the fuel, tractors run down the road. Yes the impact in this is historical and text books of some slanted view will be written but we still have electricity, fill up our tanks, buy groceries and folks bring us food from whatever restaurants but we act like we are among the walking dead. Tell me we all watched the early Chinese videos of folks laying on the ground, getting sick and passing out in the streets. Why haven’t we seen this happen here? There’s just a “tad” bit of propaganda here as well

19. Terry O'Keefe

That's the thing Scott, I don't want you to say that you are going to find another dentist if I am going to ask you to wear a mask to enter the office.

20. Scott88

I doubt you'll have many that go that far Terry, but there are always some.
    For the record my dentist does the same... makes us wait outside until called in and takes our temp before heading to the chair.
    I don't blame you or them. You are in a VERY exposed job - touching the main transmission area... so no way I'd ever argue with you wanting to keep your people from having any additional risk.

• Winner Winner x 1