Coronavirus information

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by WSU1996kesley, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Question..... If you had to choose between the Russian vaccine or one that Trump touted without the approval of Fauci and Birx or other medical experts which vaccine would you choose if any?

2. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Same one I've been using since the outbreak....Bourbon.

3. Motorcity Gator

You will be missing that vaccine on fall Saturdays AJ if you like to swig a healthy dose of it with your college football unless NU goes rogue.
    What the college football mess reveals about Trump's leadership - CNNPolitics

And by the way..... Trump must have gone deaf since the one time in early March that Fauci said wearing masks weren't necessary. Since then he has retracted that and said it was necessary and critical to stopping the virus probably hundreds of times. That is one of Trump's favorite cop outs for his miserable performance as President in our fight against this pandemic.

4. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

So let’s get this straight Dave is distraught that we might not have college football and of course like all the other moronic butts with TDS he blames Trump. Trump tries to keep college football from being cancelled and he rips him. Naturally the 100,000 school kid number is being fed to the TDS zombies. Completely hidden is the total of 600 in that age group being hospitalized since the beginning of March. Kids have little or no symptoms.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Motorcity Gator

And how many did those 600 infect and how many will be infected by the 100,000 July infections?
    What's moronic and inhuman is to put a November election and politics in general before a concerted and focused nonpartisan medically sound effort to mitigate and diffuse the virus BEFORE the cancellation of college football arrives.
    Your truthless leader has not been able to do so.

6. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I’m guessing that tens of thousands of people rely on income that flows from college football. But hey why talk about people’s livelihoods when some oppose it because Trump favors it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

People infected with Trump Derangement Syndrome only have one objective, get rid of Trump by trashing him, lying and whatever.

Never mind the collateral damage, that requires logical thought which is lacking with the Trump haters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Motorcity Gator

"lying" LMAO

Lying about Trump? Now there's an oxymoron if ever I have heard one.....

If you have the balls to read this and digest it here is today's daily fact check by CNN on the Liar-in-Chief's pack of daily lies and misrepresentations that he tells at his now almost daily campaign speeches.... er.... Covid-19 press conferences.
    Trump makes - CNNPolitics

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  9. Gator Bill

MCG,there is a reason that CNN has lost millions of viewers, people just don't trust them as they lie and act like a political arm of the Democratic Party. I would believe a kindergarten class before CNN.

I do understand why you like them though, they hate Trump like you and are as consumed by TDS as you. Have a nice evening.

10. Motorcity Gator

So did you read it?

Trump opens his mouth and lies float out like butterflies.
    I watched the presser live and CNN as always does not lie or misconstrue what he says or how he says it:
    "The President falsely said that New York City fired police officers without justification.
    "Mayor Bill de Blasio should immediately hire back all of the police who were fired without justification. They were fired. I guess that's part of defund the police by the Democrats. They should hire New York city's finest back," Trump said.
    Facts First: New York City police officers were not systematically fired from their jobs.
    The New York City Council agreed to a budget in late June that cut or transferred about $1 billion from the NYPD budget as part of a larger city budget shortfall as a result of the pandemic, as well as efforts to restructure policing in the city. This included canceling the hiring of over 1,000 new officers. In a separate move, units of plainclothes officers were disbanded and reassigned to other units in June.
    Trump's claim that the New York police were fired is false. He is conflating the decision to cancel a new class of recruits with the firing of active officers.

The new class of recruits that was canceled had been set to start the next month, and the cancellation was a part of a citywide hiring freeze. Another new class of recruits is currently scheduled for October.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  11. Gator Bill

Read it, reinforced my opinion that they are an arm of the Democratic Party and not interested in objective reporting. Get more of my news off the internet and for sure don''t pay much attention to CNN, MSNBC and other biased MSM sources.

With this I am again saying I am pretty much done talking with you as you don't have an objective bone in your body.

Just keep your politics off the Sports Board.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Motorcity Gator

I can't debate with someone anyway who obviously cannot hear what Trump is saying..... that somehow can't discern that he says one thing and the facts support another.
    You don't believe he said what he said or do you ever watch him speak?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

So NYC doesn't get 1000 new police. They don't have their plain close unit anymore and the important thing is whether they were defunded out of existence or fired. Assholes care if it was one over the other, serious people care that NYC doesn't have essential police protection. Dave TDS is worse than Covid, there will never be a vaccine.

14. Motorcity Gator

Wow did Kamala Harris absolutely nail Trump today regarding his poor handling of Covid-19.

This is gonna be fun to watch......

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Motorcity Gator

"The President's mismanagement of the pandemic has plunged us into the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, and we're experiencing a moral reckoning with racism and systemic injustice that has brought a new coalition of conscience to the streets of our country demanding change," Harris said at the afternoon event in Wilmington, Delaware.
    "America is crying out for leadership. Yet we have a President who cares more about himself than the people who elected him," said Harris, who abandoned her own bid for the White House less than a year ago before a single vote was cast. "As someone who has presented my fair share of arguments in court, the case against Donald Trump and Mike Pence is open and shut."

Bingo!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

This is one hell of a headline. UNC is now transitioning to online classes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

That headline is funy, but what is being reported is not. It's problem that all the schools are going to be facing if they brought students back to campus. They may be the best and the brightest of their generation, and UNC is an elite public institution. But they are still 18-21 y/o's who want to socialize, party, make connections with the opposite sex or same sex and have fun. Fear of Covid is just not there, I wonder how many schools will make it to Oct 1.

18. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Again I have to ask... SO WHAT?
    They act like half of these kids will drop dead.
    I'd take the wager that NONE will end up in that column, and would also take the bet than none ever even reach ICU status. "At risk" students should not be on campus... but the rest will be just fine.

19. Motorcity Gator

"would also take the bet than none ever even reach ICU status"
    If that were true then we will get to see 76 teams play college football this fall to completion.
    I hope to hell that you're right and that no older coaches get it and become ICU ill either.

20. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

What doesnt kill you, only makes you stronger. Can we please stop being pussies now? Vote Stefan Lofven for Head of WHO!