Coronavirus information

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by WSU1996kesley, Mar 13, 2020.

1. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Choo chooooo.....

Well, with everything going on in the world, it's no surprise that NU's recruiting is way under the radar, but heres a quick snapshot of what Coach Frost told us what was coming:

O line
    6-8, 330
    6-5, 320
    6-6, 310
    6-9, 300
    UT, IA, NE kids
    The Train is bringing the parts, the pipeline is being rebuilt.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Corn fed beef there AJ.

Now get some SEC speed to go with it. ;)

3. Motorcity Gator

The news today has many instances around the country where there are positive tests in schools and quarantines being administered and sports teams quarantining and games being cancelled etc.
    Until we treat this virus as the enemy it is..... and get some political solidarity to combat it as we would if it was North Korean soldiers invading our land then this damn thing is absolutely NOT "under control".... "getting better and better".... " going away soon"..... and all of those other lies and misinformation handed out by political motivations.
    Every resource this country's leadership can muster needs to be focused on the steps necessary to get rid of this Covid-19 enemy.
    Until we do our way of life is going to remain screwed and could get much worse as fall and winter conditions envelop our nation. As a nation if we just keep fighting each each other on this instead of taking steps to fight the virus and we keep politicizing it instead of unifying our approach we're going to be collectively ******.

4. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

I had pretty much decided to ignore you and just watch that you don't pollute the sports board with your hate politics.

However I have to comment on this, you are right that we need to pull together as a country, however people like you that populate the far left would rather see us destroyed that support this president.

Your hatred runs deep and does nothing to contribute to the unity you profess to want. In other words your analysis is pure ********.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Motorcity Gator

My analysis is spot on Bill. And far left I am not..... never have been so what you are saying is pure ********.
    But that attitude is what needs to mend in this country or we will just continue down this Covid path of illness and death and shutdown because so many don't trust what the other side has to say and the leadership at the top hasn't been there because of a lack of a unified national approach to the problem.... an approach like I say we as Americans would have if the enemy invading was North Korean soldiers etc.
    Support the president in what? In nodding our heads like zombies as he get's on his political pulpit and touts the great job he has done in spite of evidence to the contrary?
    In support should we all fill the Rose Bowl with 100,000 maskless Covid spreaders to exalt in his greatness?
    This president is carelessly divisive more than any I can remember in my lifetime. He cares only about one thing....
    and that is his re-election chances.
    Donald Trump is great alright.... just ask him.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Gator Bill

[​IMG]

7. Motorcity Gator

"Twitter said on Wednesday it had restricted President Donald Trump's campaign from tweeting after its account shared a video containing false claims about the coronavirus.The tweet, a video of Trump's interview with Fox News in which he said children are "almost immune" to the virus, "is in violation of the Twitter Rules on Covid-19 misinformation,"

"Facebook on Wednesday said it had removed a post from President Donald Trump's page for containing false claims about Covid-19.
    The post was a video of an interview the President gave to Fox News on Wednesday morning.
    "This video includes false claims that a group of people is immune from Covid-19 which is a violation of our policies around harmful Covid misinformation," Facebook spokesperson Andy Stone said in a statement Wednesday evening.
    Stone added the specific comments that had run afoul of Facebook's rules were Trump's false claims about children being almost immune to the virus."

"A majority of 1,006 respondents asked in an ABC/Washington Post poll last month—60 percent—said they disapproved of Trump's handling of the virus, while 64 per cent said they did not trust what Trump said about the crisis.
    In a later poll, conducted by ABC News/Ipsos among 730 U.S. adults from July 29 to July 30, some 66 per cent of respondents said they disapproved of Trump's handling of the COVID-19 situation. His handling of the ongoing protests across the U.S. and relations with Russia also declined.
    On specific points, Trump's promotion of the drug hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for coronavirus has also proved unpopular."

8. Gator Bill

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

My Gawd....
    One pipeline return post, and 2 Gators lose their minds?....those 1995 Huskers were nuclear weren't they!?

10. Gator Bill

11. Gator Bill

So nuclear that the Gators have won 3 NC since then. :)

I think that given time your new coach will get your guys back into the thick of the Big 10. Ohio State rules the roost there right now and may be tough to knockoff the throne.

How's the wife and boys. I guys they are not boys any longer, but hey they will always be your kids right?

Just got off the phone with our son in Oregon who turned 59 today. I remember when I thought that was pretty old.

Well have a nice evening.

12. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Thanks for asking Bill. Right now we (mama and i) are spending a possible furlough for our govt jobs. Supposed to commence Aug 30th. The oldest, Taylor, graduated last Dec from NU, and is getting married in Oct. Chase has completed all his Marine Corps Aviation Electronics trng in Miaramar, and is at his 1st Duty station at a Reserve until in Newburgh, NY. Hang on, Coach Frost is driving by blowing his train whistle car horn again...I gotta go!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Motorcity Gator

Every day we should all get up and ask ourselves what are we doing collectively as a nation to boot the North Koreans off our land.
    The Covid-19 invasion is winning and until we all pull together to defeat it we're in trouble.

It can't be a mixed message from our leadership.... Dems vs. Republicans..... liberals vs. conservatives. etc.

Screw the November election methodology..... because as Trump put it so bluntly this week.... it is what it is....the results are the results.

14. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

So I haven't actually done a dive into the story of the 70yr old woman who was "attacked" by BLM in Portland. What I want to hear is your thoughts on is the supposed justification for whatever altercation happened.
    What I did see was BLM says she had on a Nazi arm band, so they were justified in whatever they did.
    Hold on. What?
    I don't give a damn if she had swastikas painted all over her house, and a burning cross in her yard.
    The 1st amendment protects that. She may be a mean old hateful bat, but guess what?
    That's her RIGHT, thanks to the Constitution even if no one agrees with her.
    Why is no one pushing back on the rampant destruction of the Bill of Rights????

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Motorcity Gator

16. Motorcity Gator

Even Fox News censured Trump for saying kids were "virtually immune to Covid-19":

More than 97,000 children tested positive for Covid-19 in the last two weeks of July, report says

17. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Does anyone here piss away their time reading CNN ******** posted by Dave?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I have Dave on ignore so no.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Motorcity Gator

"More pillars are fast crumbling in President Donald Trump's frantic and lie-strewn attempt to convince Americans the nation is back to normal before the election, with chaos already afflicting the return to school and a rite of fall -- college football -- on the brink.
    Trump's false insistence that children are "immune" from the coronavirus and can't spread it is being undermined by new figures showing that nearly 100,000 kids tested positive for the virus in the last two weeks of July. And some of the first schools that are following his calls to fully reopen are being hit by new viral outbreaks almost as soon as classes begin.
    The President, in demanding a return to class and for college football to kick off, is making education and collegiate sports the latest area of American life to be contaminated by his false narratives about the pandemic. Almost all of his assurances about the crisis -- which have tended to minimize its impact and ignore science -- have proven to be wrong.
    First Trump said the pandemic would not take hold of the United States, but it did. Then he said it would simply disappear and it didn't. Then the President said it was safe to open state economies before the pathogen was fully under control -- steps which helped cause a viral eruption across southern and western states. He's argued against all the principles of epidemiology that testing doesn't matter -- even though nations that have done better than the US have used that route to get the virus under control. Last week, Trump said that there might be a vaccine before Election Day in another self-serving political comment."

20. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member