Coronavirus information

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by WSU1996kesley, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Listen closely to me. I. Am. Not. Getting. My. Info. From. Trump. I. Read. Other. Scientific. Journals. And. Studies. It's a goddamned shame that assholes have made this political instead of trying to actually analyze the data. The answers are NOT all in...He didn't say HQ eliminated the need for wearing a mask. (OK...she did and he did retweet the thing.) If the dumb asses in the CDC and WHO hadn't come out telling people not to wear masks to start with then this whole mask thing might not be such an issue. And you can include Dr. Fauci in that as well. I'm done here...you wanna discuss things in a rational fashion then that's fine. Discussing medical policy with a god damned political zealot is a waste of my time and energy. Enjoy talking Cornhusker football with AJ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

"The president has since vigorously defended his retweet of the video of the doctor's press conference, which took place outside the Supreme Court on Monday, and he revived his endorsement of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19, saying, "I happen to believe in it."

I'm done here too Stu. I can't seem to make sense out of the incessant defense on here of Trump's poor handling of the coronavirus and his failure to lead damages the country immensely and keeps this virus going.

Here is what Trump's tweet endorsed:
    "The video, a 45-minute livestream of the first day of a "White Coat" summit by the group, was posted to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube by Breitbart and quickly went viral.
    "The virus has a cure, it's called hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and Zithromax," says one of the doctors in the video.
    "You don't need masks. There is a cure. I know they don't want to open schools. No, you don't need people to be locked down. There is prevention and there is a cure."

That's not a dangerous lie for Trump to endorse Stu?

"White House coronavirus advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said that all the “valid” scientific data shows hydroxychloroquine isn’t effective in treating Covid-19

From the only study that says the drug has some efficacy in treatment:
    In a large-scale retrospective analysis of 2,541 patients hospitalized between March 10 and May 2, 2020 across the system’s six hospitals, the study found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died compared to 26.4% not treated with hydroxychloroquine.
    So.... 326 patients treated with the "cure" died in this study. I'll bet they wished they hadn't caught the virus in the first place.... and the ones who lived went through hell to get better and may have long lasting ailments associated with Covid-19. Maybe taking proper safety measures to avoid the virus is better than the "cure".... ya think?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  3. Motorcity Gator

Here is an accurate summation of the national Trump led response to Covid-19 and it reflects my own assessment so well I'm done here...... anything I say on this board or facts I report are vehemently denied without truth based merit driven by conservative idealism and/or media or debated complete with personal insults that are tiresome so I'll just sit and watch. It’s apparent that it’s a lost cause when an ass like Gohmert that won’t wear masks and damn near infects the President is saying he caught Covid because he wore the mask and I realize most of you if not all will defend that lunacy that it’s time for me to sit back:
    "On the day the US surpassed another tragic milestone -- 150,000 coronavirus deaths -- it became ever clearer that pseudo-science, ideological posturing and mocking the idea of a national strategy are no way to fight a deadly pandemic.
    Yet President Donald Trump, his friends in Congress, members of his Cabinet, senior staff and supporters are still setting out to undermine the fact-based approaches that might get the virus under control and restore normal life."

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  4. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Stu I suggest putting Dave on ignore.

• Like Like x 1
  6. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

I did it and my Doc says my BP has never been lower!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Herman Cain just passed away from covid-19.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Motorcity Gator

No need George..... I'm done here.
    FYI Herman Cain was shown at Trump's careless exercise in self adulation Tulsa rally without a mask and in big crowds 12 days before he was hospitalized with Covid-19.

9. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Here's a few interesting stats
    The average age of death in the US is 78.5
    The median age of death for those infected with Covid is 80.
    While 150,000 Americans have died with what has been attributed to Covid, that is the average number of American who die from pulmonary disease every year.
    Reports are that 440,000 Americans die every year from preventable mistakes in hospitals.

10. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Earlier this week there was an article about him still being in the hospital and receiving oxygen, but it was more in a sense that he was recovering, not on the end of the line. RIP.

11. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

So post the total deaths in those two states then maybe we would have an honest picture of what is going on.

Like I say maybe you should move to that state you seem to love so much.

12. Gator Bill

So Dave we can assume that if you get Covid you won't use hydroxychloriquine.

I don't know about the others but that's ok with me. Personally if it happens to me I would seriously consider it.

But then unlike you I have an open mind.

13. Motorcity Gator

Damn Bill...... look at the New York curve of new cases vs. the Florida curve for new cases. New York is way down toward the flat line at the bottom of the hill and Florida is climbing the mountain.
    Yesterday Florida set it's new record in deaths also with 253 while New York had 13 on Wed. the 29th.
    ( didn't see NY for the 30th yet )

Can't you get it that New York had their biggest problem 3.5 months ago and took steps to correct it while Florida went in the other direction and is having a huge crisis right now because of the mismanagement at the top and a general lack of cooperation from the public.
    What New Yorkers did or didn't do at the end of March matters squat to what is going on in Florida now and the rest of the Sunbelt today and tomorrow and in the past two weeks. Deaths are up to record levels here because cases have skyrocketed in the past few weeks in Florida.

14. Gator Bill

To know the whole story MCG you have to look at the whole picture, not just ignore over 32,000 deaths because they occurred earlier. And largely because of the incompetence of the Governor. Like I said you adore NY so much you should move there. You would be a good fit with the looneys running that state.

15. Motorcity Gator

On Hydroxychloriquine even though I have underlying heart issues if I was sick enough to be in the hospital dying from Covid I would have to give it a go if the doctors felt it wouldn't kill me by itself because at that point I would accept anything they could give me to save my life. It's not a political decision.... it's a medical decision and I would listen to the doctors.
    However I would not change my lifestyle and get more careless while healthy as Trump and the crazy witch doctor suggests that I can do because the drug is a cure for Covid!!

16. Motorcity Gator

Bill the whole story is what is happening now and how the pandemic is being dealt with here in Florida and elsewhere. I don't "adore" New York over Florida.... I just appreciate the leadership and efforts they made to control the virus whereas here our Trump mini-me ****** things up with his cavalier approach to arbitrary reopening dates and his ass kissing of Trump's policies.

17. Gator Bill

No the whole story includes everything, but you select what you want.

Still think you should move there, you would fit right in with the Mayor and Governor.

18. Gator Bill

Your logic is a magnificat failure. Epic might be a better word.

19. Motorcity Gator

My logic is this.... one state encountered a global pandemic and early on was crushed by it but took the proper steps to correct and control it as much as they could and achieved results.
    The other state did not have the initial problem but took the virus lightly and it's leadership both nationally and in state was defective and a disbelieving nonconforming populace did things to cause the virus to explode out of control.

20. Gator Bill

Proper steps to control NY included sending covid patients into nursing homes and as a result killing thousands of elderly patients.

I understand why your logic thinks that is a good step because you have advanced TDS.