Coronavirus information

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by WSU1996kesley, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Stu/Bill... no one person should be more of a leader.... more of a unifier of people and more of an inspiration to do the right thing in a national emergency than the President of the United States of America. Others may have shortcomings in these areas but in a national crisis we can ill afford to have our President so woefully against those things.... especially because of the appearances of his every statement or move seemingly all about how he is being perceived by his electoral base.... and not by the nation as a whole who desperately need his leadership right now.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Ok...so you're blinder than I thought. ;)

Ignore all the crap he has to put up with since the day he declared candidacy. Yeah, he's not good at taking crap. But when Senator Scott tried to work on a law enforcement reform bill that gave the Dems most of what is being clamored for and also allowed them to debate and amend it...they wouldn't even consider it. Why? If you can come up with one single reason other than they don't want ANY kind of success story during this presidency I'd certainly like to hear it. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

My great-grandson begins kindergarten next month. He is scheduled to go two days per week for a half day each time.

4. Motorcity Gator

Ok Stu.... this impasse in the nation is killing us and I see there's an excuse for all of Trump's shortcomings and bad leadership so as long as he has reasons and excuses there is no need to improve or change. I rest my case.... good luck to all of us.... we're gonna need it.

5. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

[​IMG]

6. Motorcity Gator

We are months past who are we going to blame. The point now is how are we going to combat it?
    What kind of strong leadership and good examples are we going to set? Nothing? Because it's all China's fault? It's all Pelosi's fault so we're done now?
    The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor so why didn't we just sit back and do nothing because it was all their fault.....

7. Stu Ryckman

I don't excuse nor ignore Trump's shortcomings. He could handle many things better but that is not Trump. On the other side are those who will work with nobody unless they get their way. Most of us support Trump not because of his virtue or diplomacy. We support him because he is the last man standing against those who would ruin our country.

Point of No Return - American Greatness

A Nightmare Campaign of Outright Idiocy - American Greatness

Yeah, I know...right wing web site and author.

"The leading newspaper in the nation’s capital has accused the president of plumbing “new depths of depravity” in a perfectly unexceptionable and soaringly eloquent speech at Mount Rushmore last Friday. Praising the American revolutionary ideal that “all men are created equal” and its reaffirmation by Abraham Lincoln in the Civil War that brought about the abolition of slavery somehow made Donald Trump “dark” and “divisive.” The president deplored academic and national media self-hate and espoused the highest objectives identified and pursued by every admired American leader from Washington and Franklin to Martin Luther King and Ronald Reagan."

8. Motorcity Gator

The problem with his Mt. Rushmore speech is that he barely mentioned the biggest crisis our country has seen since WWII... Covid 19.... and instead chose to say inflammatory things to energize his mask less crowded together base that was there in his support. That unfortunately is his modus operandi..... always energizing the base in hopes of receiving their undying adulation at the expense of everyone else and what would be good for all Americans.
    Also.... his choice to vilify any and all of those who chose to protest BLM etc. and classify all of them including the peaceful ones as terrorists is just plain wrong..... and typically divisive.
    I would rather he have chastised those protestors all severely for not wearing masks as they protested and not keeping social distance but of course he couldn't do that given the crowd he was speaking to and his own behavior.

9. Gator Bill

Thanks for the two good links Stu. I particularly liked this comment

"With less than four months before the election, this is the campaign: a constant media carpet-bombing of defamatory lies about the president on behalf of a comatose candidate . . ."

Hits the Biden campaign right on the head with the hammer.

10. Motorcity Gator

So Bill.....did I misrepresent what happened at Mt. Rushmore? Just curious.....

11. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Dave, you're the kind of asshole that sends someone a get well card for their birthday because the only thing you see is Covid. The fact is the speech was for the Fourth of July, Independence Day, America's birthday. In your mind the one's who peacefully supported the Nazis or Communists were above reproach. Get your head out of your ass.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Motorcity Gator

"In your mind the one's who peacefully supported the Nazis or Communists were above reproach".
    Not in my mind whatsoever Gipper and I have never expressed that. And since everyone here rushed to your side when they perceived I slighted you I'll let that other comment go..... not worth responding to.

But Trump was running from mention of the virus.... no question about that because it has him by the balls and he refuses to address it head on with a serious plan and energy.
    And it would have been so effective to criticize the crowds of protestors for not taking steps to diffuse the virus but of course his supporters that were there in S.D. were more than guilty of worse at his own encouragement and therefore would have to be included in that criticism.

13. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity Dave, besides wearing masks, just what would be an effective "plan." As you recall the original objective was to make sure that the hospital systems did not get overrun by the virus. Thanks to excellent production ramp ups and delivery management, ventilators and PPE were provided to health care systems whose state departments of health had been woefully inadequate. Whenever Trump tries to interfere with how a state's lock down is being managed, he's lectured by the media that he doesn't have that authority. Besides waving Obama's magic wand just what do you suggest he do?

14. Stu Ryckman

Hell, he even delivered hospitals.

But back to Corona Virus Information...here is an interesting article that talks about mutations of different strains with possible different transmission rates. Which might explain why some areas like New York got the G Strain initially thus undergoing rampant spread...and why some areas that did great are now getting such increases and considering restarting lockdowns as the G Strain spreads.

A new coronavirus mutation is taking over the world. Here's what that means. | Live Science

15. Motorcity Gator

I saw on TV this week where a new testing station had opened up in the NE somewhere and the lines started at 1 am in the morning for them to open up and I think someone said it took 13 hours to get through it and get tested. I would do whatever is necessary.... nationally to eliminate anything remotely similar to that kind of inadequacy for testing.... and I sure as hell wouldn't be lying that we were the best in the world at testing... everyone can get one when they need one etc. etc. etc. and once tested I would hire 100,000 people if necessary to call and trace positives and make sure they understood the importance of quarantining themselves for 14 days and anyone that they were in close spreadable contact with.
    In fact I would cut out each and every lie that makes me look better for re-election purposes and be truthful about the virus and not make false statements like it is 99% harmless which makes no one who doesn't wear a mask want to suddenly wear one.... especially when they see that I refuse to wear one myself. And I would decry crowds and lack of social distancing and I sure as hell would NEVER hold a political rally inviting thousands of people to attend knowing full well they would be there in a crowd with no masks because much more than their own specific endangerment it shows I have a complete disregard for the steps that the medical community says are necessary to control the spread of the virus so that makes it seem ok for my millions of supporters to go out there and follow my poor example and spread the virus.

That's a pretty good start.

And as you sit there this fall on a Saturday afternoon to watch yet another ESPN classic re-run of some game from yesteryear instead of say Ohio State taking on Oregon live and as you pop your beer you angrily ponder how those damned Chinese months ago screwed up your fall Saturday..... and don't even think about the fact that your president let you down severely because he was crazily consumed with himself and his re-election chances which by that time will be down to nil... zero..... anyway.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  16. Gator Bill

Dave, you and I are done talking. Like a number of other people have done here I would put you on the ignore list as it's very difficult to read your hate.

However I am not going to do that as I intend to watch that you don't let your hatred of all things Trump spill over to the sports board like you did earlier and we had to delete.

But you and I have nothing to talk about.

17. Motorcity Gator

Bill you are correct..... I have nothing more to say to anyone that cannot acknowledge what is going down with this virus. I think I answered George's and Gipper's question truthfully about what I would do if I were Trump.
    If the truth hurts then I guess it sounds like hate. I do hate the job he has not done in facing up to this virus.... working within his medical community and conveying the right message to the nation for limiting the spread of the virus that now has Florida as the epicenter of the world for rate of infection.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Read this article. Why people wait in line for hours where they can get a test in minutes is beyond me. But if there is such a place, you'll find it and of course blame Trump.
    Here’s how you can avoid waiting for hours in long lines to get tested for COVID-19
    So you're going to hire 100,000 people to tell positive people to quarantine. Ever stop to think that the reason why they probably got infected was that they didn't listen to the last instructions?
    So how do Dems handle the situation. Here's a perfect example.
    De Blasio: Black Lives Matter Protests Exempt from Large-Event Ban
    Lucky for Diblasio , when folks get sick he and people like you can blame Trump.

19. Motorcity Gator

Thankfully a majority of Americans can see the wrong in this..... even though on a forum such as this one I'm alone in thinking it's pretty screwed up thinking:

"In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and many other countries, SCHOOLS ARE OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS. The Dems think it would be bad for them politically if U.S. schools open before the November Election, but is important for the children & families. May cut off funding if not open!" he tweeted.

All those countries have suppressed the virus in one way or the other, whereas the US is rocketing up at record levels -- making it harder and less safe to open the schools. Florida has now posted another record number of new cases with 11,443 on Friday. Tweets like that show how Trump just doesn't acknowledge the seriousness of the pandemic in the U.S. right now and thinks only of what any bad virus news means to his re-election chances. Selfish complete asshole.

20. Stu Ryckman

Interesting about Sweden...stayed more open...had more deaths...had a lot of self-isolation that helped but the economy not as hard hit. Medical facilities not overwhelmed. Reason for more deaths/cases and for hospitals not being overrun might have been due to more triaging of the elderly and letting them go instead of admitting them into the ICU. Doesn't sound like a good way to run the ship to me.

Sweden Stayed Open And More People Died Of Covid-19, But The Real Reason May Be Something Darker