College Football Week 10

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

One thing for sure we've haven't had a season yet where there weren't some significant upsets of teams thought to be in contention for the CFP, or the BCS previously.

2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

If both Fla and TexA&M won out would they both be in the CFP? Or would a one loss Bama squeak in past the Aggies because of the head to head? As SEC Champion UF would overcome their 3 point road loss to the Aggies.

3. Terry O'Keefe

I have no doubt that any undefeated conf champion will be in, and that a 1 loss conf champion has a big shot at getting in, as there isn't much chance that the B12 will have even a 1 loss champion. UF as a 1 loss SEC Champ beating an undefeated #1 ranked Alabama certainly will have the road loss at A*M discounted. 1 loss conf champ game loser who played down to the wire with the winner of that game, say UF beats Alabama 47-40 in double OT, would Alabama still get in...sort of depends I guess. But I'd say they would be in the conversation.

4. Motorcity Gator

Because the Tide did beat A&M handily I think the Aggies can only get in if they win out and Bama beats Florida. Unless the very unlikely happens where Florida puts a beat down on Bama then the Aggies must have Bama win the SEC in order to get in. That said..... if Clemson and Ohio State are in as conference champs.... SEC Champ is in..... then Notre Dame can certainly take the 4th spot over a one loss A&M if they give Clemson a helluva game in the ACC Title game but lose. Then there is the possibility of Oregon running the PAC 12 table..... but I don't think BYU or Cinci gets in over a one loss Texas A&M.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Terry O'Keefe

Earlier in the season I mentioned a number of times how I thought Tenn coach Jeremy Pruitt was doing a great job, he was recruiting very well and won 6 game or something like that in a row to finish the season last year and seemed to be in a good place this year after opening with wins over So.Carolina and Missouri. But now after running off 4 straight losses I was listening to a lot of criticism on ESPNU, talk that Vol fans want him fired. I guess that Kentucky loss really hurt and only Vanderbilt is left that they have a shot at winning.

Life as a HC.

6. Motorcity Gator

If a Florida coach had that record he would probably be looking at his last season.
    Most especially since the Vols seem so far away from beating their chief rivals like Bama, Ga and now even Kentucky. Pruitt's only salvation might be to spring one on Florida in Knoxville.... and that game does concern me for UF.... but so does Arkansas, Ky and LSU. The Gators have to stay focused and play well down the stretch to get their shot at Bama and Tenn definitely must get their complete attention.

7. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Alabama/LSU game has been postponed/cancelled. Apparently, LSU lost a lot.of players to positive test and contact tracing.

8. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

:( I am confident you have mixed emotions, right?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  9. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to watching this one. LSU is one Alabama's historical rivals and I hate that this one may even be cancelled.

10. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

You can bet the swamp kittens are relieved... they were about to get 70 put on them.

Aggies at Tenn also postponed. I heard they had to pull out at least 15 kids due to contact tracing so we were going to be way low.

11. Terry O'Keefe