College Football 2022

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

If Kelly thought the ND fans were harsh when expectations aren't met... he's about to get a big life lesson from the coon-asses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. kp

kp Well-Known Member

No kidding, Scott. LSU losing is right up there with stealing oysters or shrimp on the capital offense list.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

The look on Kelly's face as the clock ticked off was priceless. I wonder if he has lost that Colonel Sander's accent yet that he ginned up on his arrival or if he is still bumpin' uglies with recruits? Could not have happened to a more disingenuous guy. I see at least four losses in his 2022 future.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Is that Martha Stewart? If so, Snoop Dog gonna be pissed.

5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Didn't know this :

Texas will be facing Alabama for the first time since the 2010 national championship game after the 2009 season. This will be their first regular-season matchup since 1922, and Texas is 7-1-1 all-time against the Tide, which is the best winning percentage (.833) among teams that have played them at least five times.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Scott88

Oh Terry...

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Terry O'Keefe

Careful what you wish for is all I can say. :rolleyes:

I see that Sark is trying to dial down the expectations, saying this is not a program defining game. His goal is to win a B12 Championship and this is a non-conference game.

But just like Ohio State was for the Irish. It's important to not get blown out.

8. Scott88

Kelly has a coaching school too!

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Terry O'Keefe

I didn't see the Utah / Florida game but Rick Neuhiesel said that Anthony Richardson, the Gator QB, was a Heisman candidate. Said he was was as big and fast as Cam Newton but quicker. High praise for sure.

10. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I get to find out how good Alabama really is this week. Georgia demonstrated that, in my opinion, they should be in the number one position. Ohio State staked their claim against a quality opponent as well. Clemson had a tough time against a Georgia Tech team that had an interception, 2 blocked punts. This game was much closer than the 41-10 score indicated. So, Alabama is the only team that did not have a quality opponent. I think they looked very sharp but, like I said this week we get a much better test.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Terry O'Keefe

Week 2 presents a few really interesting games that's for sure.

It has to be topped with Alabama traveling to Austin for an early game with the Longhorns. Alabama is the consensus #1 and is a loaded team with a talent including the returning Heisman winner and the likely overall #1 NFL draft pick in Will Anderson. They are big favorites even on the road, last I saw they were 19 point favorites. Like the Irish v Ohio State, the Longhorns aren't going on the field to get a moral victory by keeping it close, they want to win. Longhorn QB Ewers had a good 1st game vs an overmatched ULM. Things will be different with Will Anderson taking a bead on him. A win would be avoiding a blowout like Oregon experienced vs Georgia. Taking them to the 4th qtr would be a big thing for this team, even if there is an eventual loss.

Other games of interest will be...

Appalachia State visiting College Station, at least given that incredible offensive show they put on with UNC on opening weekend. Doubtful they can come anywhere close to duplicating that, but it does appear that they might not be a push over for the Aggies.

Tenn on the road at Pittsburgh. Both teams got off too good starts. Pitt had a good win vs West Virginia in the renewal of the Backyard Brawl, while the Vols pummeled Ball State. Vols are expected to be a very good offense this year with the return of Hooker at QB. Pitt is rebuilding.

Houston who barely escaped San Antonio with a win vs UTSA travels to Lubbock to play future B12 rival Texas Tech. The Cougars have high hopes for this season with a returning QB in Clayton Tune.

A good Kentucky team travels to the swamp to take on the Gators. This rivalry which once was a guaranteed win for the Gators, is now pretty competitive. The Gators have shot up the polls with that good win over then top 10 Utah and they now have a QB in Anthony Richardson who is said to be as big and fast as Cam Newton with a better arm and more quickness when he runs.

Top 10 Baylor travels to Provo to take on always dangerous BYU. Baylor has high hopes for another B12 title.

Of course there is a full schedule and I'm sure a lot of very good games. But those caught my eye.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Scott88

There's no such thing as a sure thing, and I take NO team for granted, but App St just gave up 62 to a mediocre UNC team. Turnovers can level any playing field, and I have a QB who seems to be prone to them but I also have a pretty stout defense. I'll take a W and move on. :)

Wake Forest is ranked, and travels to 2-0 Vandy. That has to warrant some attention!

Iowa St visits Iowa... will a hockey game break out with a 3-2 score? ;)

USC is at Stanford... seems awful early for that game?

13. Terry O'Keefe

USC/Stanford has been an early season game for awhile.

Iowa's defense outscored the Iowa offense last week and they only scored 7 points! i'll be interested in seeing what kind of team Iowa State has, they lost their QB and RB. People always give a lot of respect to Iowa State coach Matt Campbell. He seems to be all in on being the Iowa State coach. What kind of team will he field this year.

Kansas State's coach seems to have been doing a good job, he was great at North Dakota State and just got a contract extension, they get Missouri at Manhattan.

There are a number of conference games this weekend as well, none that are really important beyond the UF/Kentucky game.

I agree that App State is in for a rude awakening most likely, but I wonder if that offense will put up some points on the Aggies, not 62 of course. I'll be watching this one.

14. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Amen, brother.

6026855F-C3CC-4845-97A3-7B4AD57D5328.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Not much going on in Big 10...biggest excitement might be to see if Michigan can cover the 51 point spread against Hawaii.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Terry O'Keefe

They were talking about the Cade McNamara v JJ McCarthy battle at QB for the Wolverines. The ESPNU guys said it looks clear to them that JJ is going to be the starter. Also said that Cade made some comment that could be interpreted as not really being esp happy with the way things are being handled. I haven't seen it myself though.

If McNamara ends up backing up JJ then I won't be shocked if he's in the portal this year. Kids who aren't starting at QB just don't seem to stick around these days. Same for Hudson Card at Texas, if Quin has a good year and starts the whole season.

17. Terry O'Keefe

Uh oh... Texas pissing off the Tide! Didn't need to give Saban any motivation for squashing the Longhorns. But truthfully this whole band thing seems to be pretty common. Recently Purdue was prevented from bringing the Drum to Notre Dame.

Due to the seating location and configuration of the visiting institution's ticket allotment at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, the Million Dollar Band will not make the trip this weekend for the Alabama at Texas football game," the statement read.

Why Alabama football won't have Million Dollar Band vs. Texas

18. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Y
    yeah I saw that. It's strange, we don't seem to have that situation with other schools.

19. Scott88

Har har... That was actually mentioned on the Aggie boards a few days ago - bet the Bama band won't be there thanks to the absolute CRAP seats the horns give to visitors...
    And yep... it happened.
    Will be interesting to see what happens when the Ags and Horns start up again.
    I'm pretty sure our AD will return the favor if we're given that kind of arrangement for the Fightin' Texas Aggie band.
    :cool:

20. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I was at an Alabama /A&M game a couple of years ago and the A&M band was right next to the tunnel that the A&M team entered the field through. If I remember correctly.