College Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Gator Bill, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Well the lawsuit between Zion Williamson and his former agent took an interesting twist when the former agent's lawyer alleges Zions parents took money from Nike and Addidas and demanded/took money from interests representing Duke. They want to know where he lived while at Duke and who paid for it.

Zion asked to admit parents received money, gifts

2. Terry O'Keefe

One of the unanticipated consequences of schools starting early with on campus students and ending the fall semester at Thanksgiving is that Basketball which really ramps up in December will not be limited to the 20 hours a week practice time.

3. Terry O'Keefe

DJ Carton who left Ohio State midseason and transferred to Marquette gets immediate eligibility. I wonder what his claim was to justify it?

Purdue guard Nojel Eastern who transferred to Michigan was denied admission and will be looking for another place to land. He said, I was not admitted to the University because of many credits that weren't transferable because of my Major. That is the only reason why I was not accepted.

4. Terry O'Keefe

NCAA has set guidelines for Basketball.
    Currently, men's and women's basketball student-athletes can participate in voluntary activities and virtual nonphysical activities through the rest of June. From July 1-19, those voluntary nonphysical activities and strength and conditioning training can continue. The men's and women's basketball oversight committees recommended earlier this week to add "enhanced in-person nonphysical activities," which include team meetings, individual meetings and film review, but the council did not approve those changes yet.

On July 20, required summer athletic activities may begin and can last up to eight weeks, until the school's first day of classes or Sept. 15, whichever is earlier. Strength and conditioning training and skill instruction won't be allowed to exceed eight hours per week, with a maximum of four hours for skill instruction.

NCAA: D-I summer activities can start July 20

5. Terry O'Keefe

6. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

A reasonable solution, maybe? If I were a head coach I would definitely want some games outside the conference before commencing the regular conference schedule.

7. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Except the vaccine will only be 50-60% effective, and "lives will still be in danger"... so you might as well cancel everything for a few decades... maybe by then we'll get our first win over a cold virus.

8. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

I have always thought there was a side to Coach K that we don't see.