College Basketball 2023-24

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

One of 15 players nationally with 16 PPG and 9.5 RPG last year.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Her resemblance to CC is striking. When I first saw her picture, before I read the text, I though it was a humorous post.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

No shock here as all the old rules are quickly being thrown by the wayside likely in fear of lawsuits.

4. Terry O'Keefe

I see that Dan Hurley is being courted by the Lakers, he has a chance to move into the class with some great college coaches should he stay at UCONN, but I'm sure the money the Lakers will throw at him is significant. But the problem is that can he handle Lebron? Billy Donavan hasn't had a great NBA career after leaving Florida in similar circumstances, he won back to back just like Hurley.

Maybe the current college atmosphere of NIL and constantly rebuilding your roster with transfers makes the NBA more attractive. Plus if he fails he'll always be able to move back to college into a top level team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Terry O'Keefe

Gator Bill probably happy about this!

CNN —
    At eight years old, he was 6’ 1”. By sixth grade, he was almost 7 feet tall. And now, as an incoming college freshman, he’s listed at 7’9’’ — and poised to be the tallest college basketball player ever.

Olivier Rioux, once the record holder as the tallest teenager in the world, is now listed on the University of Florida’s men’s basketball roster after committing to the Gators last fall. At the time, according to recruiting site 247sports, the Montreal native and three-star recruit was just 7’6”.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/21/sport/olivier-rioux-tallest-college-basketball-player-cec/index.html