CNN

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Gator Bill, Aug 13, 2020.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

"Perhaps incited by Trumps rhetoric?" I'm willing it had more to do with the nightly videos of those assholes rioting. Since when is "crossing state lines" of any relevance to this situation. Kenosha was 20 miles from his home. (How many of those burning and looting are not from Wisc.?) Depending on the wind he might have been able to smell the smoke of the peaceful protests.

2. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Yeah ya do, case of dillusion.

In other news, Presidential candidate Harris was just on the news...speaking for Joe....because Nancy wanted her to.

3. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

I don’t condone vigilantes nor violence of any kind. It’s on video. The kid was running from his attackers. You can kill somebody hitting them in the head with a skateboard. It will be investigated and the truth will come out albeit everybody jumping to conclusions that will fit their agenda. The kid apparently was carrying the rifle illegally because you have to be 18 to do so in Wisconsin. That will not help his case.

4. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

At the very least the kid will get felony manslaughter.... committing murder while also committing a felony gun possession. And all that probably depends on just how threatened he was without provocation.
    In any event my wife now says I can't talk with you guys anymore because you're all crazy to defend this.

5. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Not sure I understand what “I don’t condone vigilantism” your wife doesn’t understand. But I don’t condone chasing the kid down and hitting him in the head with a skateboard either. This violence needs to stop.

6. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

LOL!!..that sounds like Harris telling Joe "Give me the Michrophone"

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

We heard the same ******** in the death of Freddy Gray. We heard the same ******** in the death of Travon Martin. We heard the same ******** in the death of Michael Brown. 2 things that seem to be constant, the left always tries to dispense justice with trial by riot and they are consistently wrong when the run their mouths before all the facts are known.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

The theme tonight is left versus right. Right says the left is wrong, and has brought a **** ton of facts to go along with it. The left only says "Trump". That's YOUR PRESIDENT your referring to you disrespectful, incompetent food blisters.

Hope you're watching Dave, it's all right there in front of ya.....just like the trees I've been telling you about.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

10. Motorcity Gator

Haven't watched a lick of it AJ.... it just pisses me off and gets my blood pressure up when people blatantly lie to me.

11. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Facts to leftists, as Garlic to Vampires. Or Power "I" to fun and gun.

12. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Too bad Dave, Melania looking super hot. Guess I got an infatuation with her like you have with Urban's squeeze.

13. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

And before I get fact checked, I watched as much of the DNC as I could, because I wanted to balance one sides take over the other. Shame you didnt. And not just because Melania is friggin HOT!

14. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Wait a minute, why are you still posting? Didnt you say Mrs. Dave took away your "Liberty Chit?" That's an old school Marine Term FYI.

15. Motorcity Gator

Glad I missed it AJ:
    "The scene on the South Lawn of the White House Thursday night was stunning. Many of the more than 1,500 guests mingled close together shortly before the speeches got started, snapping selfies and chatting as though the threat of the pandemic had disappeared. The 1,500 plastic chairs were arranged some 6 inches apart on the lawn, falling well short of the administration's own guidelines for social distancing, and most attendees were milling about without wearing masks.
    Guests were not told ahead of time that they needed to be tested for Covid-19 when they arrived at the White House. Chief of staff Mark Meadows told reporters that "a number of people will be tested" for coronavirus, but he did not specify who those individuals would be. Health experts on the White House coronavirus task force have been advising Americans to avoid large crowds during the pandemic.
    In another jaw-dropping example of the blatant use of presidential power for political purposes during this convention, video screens displaying the Trump-Pence campaign logo were on the lawn underneath the White House's iconic Truman Balcony and a convention stage was set up on the grounds of a building that has housed American presidents for more than 200 years.
    It was just the latest example of how the campaign has trashed normal protocol and decorum designed to protect the institution of the presidency from over-politicization throughout this week."

16. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

I dont know about all that, but it was beautiful. And Melania! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

17. Motorcity Gator

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  18. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Rand Paul and his wife were swarmed by a small mob of demonstrators after leaving the convention.

19. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

I fixed it for ya Bob.
    :confused:

20. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Thanks. The tweet I posted documented a Democratic congresswoman earlier calling for these mob intimidation tactics. She is reaping the whirlwind. Does she not think that those who don’t support her political views will respond in kind? Maybe she should read about the history of the Weimar Republic about what happens in a democracy when politicians decide that “taking it to the streets” to intimidate political foes is a legitimate way to gain political power.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020