Big 10 Supports 1 time transfer exception

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

This is huge, with the current trend to many players getting waivers for vague and dubious reasons, and others being denied. Maybe it is time to just give everybody a do over. I think it will be very disruptive at least initially. I think it will result in a lot of players not letting their development play out and become the players they think they are by their Jr/Sr years. That was at one time the way things were, freshmen weren't eligible and as sophs only the very best saw the field as starters. Most started to come into their own physically and mentally as Jr's and Sr's.

Now kids that don't start as freshmen are discouraged and they expect to be ready to leave for the NFL as sophs and chafe under their collars that they have to wait till they have played 3 years before they can go to the NFL.

Kids/Parents want a big slice of the $$$ pie, and they want free agency after 1 year. What a shock it will be when they sign their rookie deal in the NFL and then realize they can't get the really big bucks or become free agents for 4 years! Hell in college they get that after 1 year.

It's going to happen though, mark it down.

Big Ten ADs back one-time transfer exemption

2. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

I guess they just removed transfers from the "graduation rate" calculations?...
    :confused:

3. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Good question Scott, I wondered about that myself.

4. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Not a good idea, although in reality, we are already there.

• Agree Agree x 1