Bama vs. LSU

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Motorcity Gator, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Well I think Bama wins if they don't get off to that horrible start, but they did. Tua was clearly rusty as well in the first half. But credit to LSU they are a talented offense and came ready to play from the kickoff.

BTW I see that somebody knifed Baby Trump! I just knew something like that was going to happen.

2. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Don, I agree and I am not conceding that we will not be back next year, but Alabama must reestablish defensive dominance. LSU does not have that. All of the primary contenders for the CFP have top 10 total defenses. Ohio St., Georgia, Penn State, and Clemson are all in the top 10. LSU is not in the top 20. I will be interested to see how LSU does against a top defense. Clemson too, although they will not meet one until the CFP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Terry, that was not lost on me but it was just a matter of time. Normally, our defense would have covered our mistakes but well you know how I feel about this team's defense.

4. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

A few things went Alabama's way. They ran a very clever trick play for a TD and that punt return in which the kid was grabbed by the facemask was one of the best returns I've ever seen. Toss in LSU's absolutely inexplicable decision to be in man zero coverage after going up 2 scores with 2 minutes left in the game. How many drives did Alabama actually have? Those 2 bombs (the trick play and Bama's last offensive play) had to be good for 160 yards of offense. I don't think a rematch of these 2 teams yields the classic that we just saw.

That being said, I agree with a lot of what KP said here. Something that seems to be lost in all the hype is how many freshman and sophomores these two teams put on the field defensively. They may not be great defenses this year, but I don't expect that to last very long for either team.

5. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Does defense win championships? Or does offense?
    If defense again wins championships then LSU could maybe not even win the SEC if Georgia's highly capable D comes to play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. kp

kp Well-Known Member

MCG, I will venture.to say, LSU will not.win the National Championship. I don't think Clemson will either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Poster should have put closed captioning on this for benefit of those of us who do not speak Cajun:

• Like Like x 1
  8. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Those folks are really witty!

9. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

I'm never gonna eat Gumbo again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

11. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

I am trying to decide who you think will win. I only see three possibilities, Ohio State, Georgia beats LSU and wins it all or Alabama gets in as the fourth team and wins it all.

Enlighten us. :)

And by the way I think all three are very good possibilities. I also see LSU and Clemson as legitimate possibilities.

12. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I don't think Alabama makes it into the playoffs. It depends on who does end up in the final 4 but assuming Ohio State makes it, I think they win it this year. They seem to be the best on both sides of the ball. If Ohio State doesn't make it, I would have to reassess. It that enlightening enough?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Ohio State is looking very good.

But I am not sure you are right about the Tide not making is. If LSU beats Georgia then I think they are the front runner for the the final spot. LSU, OSU, Clemson and Bama is what it looks like to me if LSU beats Georgia.

14. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Bill, you might be right and of course this has happened before, and when it did I thought Alabama was probably one of the 4 best teams in the country. This time is different. I love Alabama but I am not sure they are one of the 4 best teams in the country this time. I am worried about them beating Auburn. The only saving grace is that Auburn's qb is not very good. Nix is not going to rip our defense like Burrow did. Of course I am not sure Clemson is one of the 4 best teams in the country either. They may be but they have not had to show it yet.

15. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

The difference with Auburn is their defense.... which held LSU to 23 points... not too shabby this season.
    If Tua is not 100% mobile by then he and Bama's offense could be in trouble.

16. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I.dont.know.if he has to be mobile, but he does have to be able to move in the pocket. But you are correct Auburn's defense is better than LSU's and that is the concern.